Forums

Help › Forums

WGT and TOPGOLF are now one!

Fri, Feb 26 2016 5:53 PM (212 replies)
  • xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2016 8:46 PM

andyson:

When I signed on WGT in June 2009 I became UserId 614,946 on WGT.  (and they don't add 10 or more to the UserID for each member it is incremented by 1)

You signed on in 6/13 and are UserID 7,021, 467

A new member this month is UserID 17,140,196

You can see UserIDs in the URL on a CC member list when you roll your mouse over a name.

I don't see any huge non-linearity in those numbers.

After playing some tournaments and somehow finishing last place (;-)  I noticed that the most # of players entered were 32069.  So out of 17 Million players who have signed up, only 32K are playing now.  Of course, that is a lowball # because not everyone plays the tournaments, but you should expect to see hundreds of thousands of players entered.  

I just don't see the 17 Million accounts as being 'valid' accounts.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2016 5:36 PM

xxxhogheadxxx:

Andyson?

Do you work at WGT?    No, don't laugh, I'm serious..    lol

LOL, no I'm a retired engineer.  Telecommunications field.

xxxhogheadxxx:

OK, If they did fake a bunch of accounts they did it very sneakily and smoothly over time.  LOL But other than what CT said about boosting the member total with fake accounts for show, I don't see a benefit for WGT of fake member accounts.

Do you know Facebook had 1.5 billion monthly ACTIVE users in December?  Active meaning they logged in at least once that month.

So 17 million accounts is really tiny by comparison for a global website.  And maybe 300K active accounts by my estimate.  That's .02% of Facebook active users!

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2016 5:53 PM

andyson:

xxxhogheadxxx:

Andyson?

Do you work at WGT?    No, don't laugh, I'm serious..    lol

LOL, no I'm a retired engineer.  Telecommunications field.

xxxhogheadxxx:

OK, If they did fake a bunch of accounts they did it very sneakily and smoothly over time.  LOL But other than what CT said about boosting the member total with fake accounts for show, I don't see a benefit for WGT of fake member accounts.

Do you know Facebook had 1.5 billion monthly ACTIVE users in December?  Active meaning they logged in at least once that month.

So 17 million accounts is really tiny by comparison for a global website.  And maybe 300K active accounts by my estimate.  That's .02% of Facebook active users!

Now I like you more Andyson as I am an Electrical Engineer.  Engineers Rule!  ok, enough of that.  :)

I'd agree that you are close to the number of active accounts on WGT.  I was going to post (or maybe I did and it is still being moderated) that my guess of active accounts is about 360K.

RSS