Forums

Help › Forums

WGT and TOPGOLF are now one!

Fri, Feb 26 2016 5:53 PM (212 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:18 AM

andyson:

I found this article helpful in understanding what TopGolf is all about: TopGolf Q & A

Target Games, tournaments, leagues all are part of TopGolf.  Will be interesting to see these concepts integrated into WGT. 

Perhaps new CC team competitions will be skill based.

The PC game needs to evolve and this looks to be one way. 

Please don't forget us non-mobile players!

No one is forgetting about all the PC only players!  Topgolf doesn't have any courses connected to their driving ranges.

- WGTdbloshoe

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:19 AM

So when will we get the back 9 of Pebble Beach ? I personally dont care about Top Golf but I do care about the still yet unresolved issues to the game . So now how about some real maintenance fixing the issues with the game and putting in the back 9 of Pebble Beach.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:35 AM

What if anything does this do to WGT's partnership with the Golf Channel and the U.S.G.A.?

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:40 AM

borntobesting:

What if anything does this do to WGT's partnership with the Golf Channel and the U.S.G.A.?

We are still going to maintain our partnerships especially when is comes to stuff like VUSO.

- WGTdbloshoe

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:44 AM

An interesting alliance - and congratulations, mergers aren't easy.

Enjoyed reading your comments too - and makes me feel more confident long-term about this *** annoying game you guys have created! :)

You've definitely climbed the hill, just maybe left a few rocks unturned on the way - but that's only to be expected - and if you do care about the millions of us poor fools that play this game, then we're all going to be happy. Well, most of us lol.

Keep it up - and don't forget about the Country Clubs. That's where the real social engagement happens. Look after, and listen to, the CC owners. 

Good luck MisterWGT!

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:46 AM

I see this as the availability of more investment capital so that WGT could maybe add new virtual courses more quickly. This was hinted at in the press conference (developing more content etc.) Can you elaborate on that?

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:48 AM

zagraniczniak:

I see this as the availability of more investment capital so that WGT could maybe add new virtual courses more quickly. This was hinted at in the press conference (developing more content etc.) Can you elaborate on that?

We are currently working on Erin Hills.  After that different options will be evaluated.

- WGTdbloshoe

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:04 AM

I have been to  Topgolf driving range in Loughton Essex and its probably the most expensive driving range out there:) It's an interesting announcement:)

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:08 AM

MisterWGT:
    Lastly, if any of you have been to a Topgolf venue, please share your impressions with the community -- and – let us know what you liked about the experience & how we can recreate it in WGT!

What i liked about the range apart from the dart circles with targets in , is the fact that you see on a digital panel near the ball how far the ball went. It has hundreds of holes near the targets and when a ball drops into any one of them holes it lets you know how far that was. That would ideal for wgt to have a range that flash how far yer ball carried,, rolled  etc etc

• peterrichter1
    551 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:11 AM

One thing is for sure which ever way you look at it ,its going to become more expensive to play this game. Topgolf  see this as a way of making additional money otherwise why would they have bothered with this deal. See through the spin,

Peter

RSS