Help › Forums

The Georgian is a Joke

Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:10 PM (135 replies)
  • alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 2:50 PM

Thanks for your elaborate reply. I take this as it's pinnacle:

pdb1:
    Anyone can participate in the CLASH from their CC . Play in the current course round . As many times as they like . Without using a free pass , without purchasing a pass . They will receive next to zero points if any . Excluding any pass bonuses . 

pdb1:
    But not using passes does not exclude one from participating . 

I might try it at the next Event though the underlined part sounds a tad shaky.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 3:01 PM

ct690911:
    Sue has made no comment on any of this...she may not be reading it, or even be aware of it...alas, your pot stirring may have been in vain. Perhaps try posting on her wall?

She knows.

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 3:12 PM

pdb1:

alosso:
    Any round without a pass is outside the competition, you agree?

It is very clear from the FAQ's

Lol 

andyson:
    thought that was the whole purpose of  a Clash, get people to play using/buying passes.

The Genus ( gee- nus ) boys are at it again . agreeing to question their agreement . 

From what you guys have said in the past . You guys aren't big CLASH hands . Not real familiar with it , not in favor of it , nothing to do with it . Right ?

Don't blame you . It's the epitome of exploitation . 

That is why you have to refer to the FAQ's .

alosso:
    Are you saying that any other round played during the Clash, without using a pass, will produce some points in the competition? Never seen that - any proof available?

No . I am saying that . Anyone can participate in the CLASH from their CC . Play in the current course round . As many times as they like . Without using a free pass , without purchasing a pass . They will receive next to zero points if any . Excluding any pass bonuses . 

I know this is hard for you . To think I may be right about something . But speaking from experience in 14 CLASHES . Almost all of them myself and most of my fellow CC mates were broke . I have played rounds without a pass . As has other members . The points output may even be less than above . ( i don't think so ) . 

Club Clashes pit one country club against another for a limited time, during which the members in each club attempt to earn the highest number of points for their club. Members score points by playing well in the specified game type(s) on the featured course(s) during the Clash. The club with the highest combined score at the end of the Clash wins that Clash and earns an additional Win Bonus that is added to the club’s total points for the event to determine the rewards.

Says nothing about using or purchasing passes to participate . But with out the use of a pass . The points awarded are virtually nil . Spinning your wheels comparatively to anyone using a pass . 

You forgot to copy and paste this bit

How do I compete in a Club Clash?

Once your country club is engaged in a Clash, you will receive an email, and a popup message will alert you it has begun. Enter the Club Event by going to your Club’s Homepage and clicking the Club Event Banner. Compete in a Club Game by clicking the Play Game button on the Club Event main page. Participating requires a Club Pass or Superpass.

• Drdave72
    272 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 3:18 PM

alosso:

pdb1:
    Anyone can participate in the CLASH from their CC . Play in the current course round . As many times as they like . Without using a free pass , without purchasing a pass . They will receive next to zero points if any . Excluding any pass bonuses . 

pdb1:

OK, I have two questions. I have played in a handful of Clashes. When you are starting a round, it gives you the option to use a super pass (if 1 is available) or to purchase a normal cc pass. I have not seen an option to get past this pop up. Is there a way around it?

Second, Why would someone play in a Clash and earn little if any points, when the point is to score more points than the other club?

I understand the Clashes are to make WGT money by selling players passes. And to give the "winning" club the opportunity to select one of their members to give the "golden putter" which is just a Max Meter putter painted gold. Nothing special, no magical powers, no auto make switch and it doesn't make the receiver a putter.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 3:31 PM

daveparr:

Or just send Sue a friends Request then communicate through PM wall posts are not Private

given he posted in here, I don't get the impression he too worried about privacy..lol

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 3:47 PM

ct690911:

daveparr:

Or just send Sue a friends Request then communicate through PM wall posts are not Private

given he posted in here, I don't get the impression he too worried about privacy..lol

Could just be some confusion here, there seems to be two Sue's intertwined in this epic saga, lol.Dave's Sue and Georgian's Sue.

I wonder if Sue thought to sue Sue when Sue booted Sue out of the Georgian.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 4:03 PM

Drdave72:

alosso:

pdb1:

pdb1:

OK, I have two questions. I have played in a handful of Clashes. When you are starting a round, it gives you the option to use a super pass (if 1 is available) or to purchase a normal cc pass. I have not seen an option to get past this pop up. Is there a way around it?

There isn't. Paul is just starting the new year in banterous mood.

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 4:10 PM

razza31:
    There isn't

Absolutely right. You do not even get to the first tee unless a pass is activated, You go straight back to the home page of the clash.

RSS