Forums

Help › Forums

The Georgian is a Joke

Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:10 PM (135 replies)
  • alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2016 10:19 PM

That's too pessimistic.

10-15 of my CC became 99th easily, apparently without buying passes and not all playing all Clashes.

We had 10% of the winner's points, so 150 members with some interest should be sufficient.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 9:17 AM

Why play in it then if you care.  The clash is a measure of spend, not skill.  

I have a small CC but could compete with the G in a heartbeat if I went a XP route.  Utter dross that I would not be a part of.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 10:39 AM

pdb1:
    my point is for the many CC's that put forth every effort possible . That despite some vigorous efforts will not see a reward or an award for their unbalanced position in the ranks . 

I beg to differ: Which reward? Pumpkin tee markers? A single Golden Calf?

It may be hard to put fairness aside, but these events can only be won by many people and/or by many credits. Remember the OP, buying 50 passes at 33,3 each?

Those who don't enter this rat race need to think different, proclaim different goals, or stay away. I for one propose to play it just for fun, one free pass for each Clash and a few Superpasses limited to better players. I don't care too much for the resulting position except that I fear to be finishing better than 26th - I don't want these cheesy tee markers in our tournaments!

And, to my delight, my members have figured out that I don't want any pass purchases. Apparently, they follow me in this. Cheers to them - Go Rabbits!

• dancingdennis
    1,341 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 3:47 PM

On he contrary, we have won the last five & over 150 members had less than 500 clash points in the last one, team work can get you pretty far.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 4:10 PM

Huh? On the contrary of what?

I said, many people and/or many credits may win the Clash. Point is, small CCs may not have any chance even if they buy a lot of extra passes.

Over 150 playing is quite an amazing teamwork!

RSS