Forums

Help › Forums

New Callaway Balls

Tue, Feb 1 2011 1:46 PM (130 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 11:00 AM

Fully understand your point Arnl, But if you play real golf ball prices vary from the best to the worst,

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 11:22 AM

PRIESTESS:

Fully understand your point Arnl, But if you play real golf ball prices vary from the best to the worst,

But you do not pay $10 for top driver and $12 for a dozen balls in real life. I hope WGT does not take that as a suggesting to increase the prize of clubs...

• BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 11:34 AM

Real golf? You won't find it here...in this virtual world.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 11:44 AM

PRIESTESS:

Real Golf, in Cdn dollars, $1200 Driver, $75 per dozen;  That is Titlelist Pro V-1x ball and the top of the line TM driver.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 12:08 PM

BigArnL:
    Incidently,I have a problem with not the balls,- but what wgt is thinking offering these balls at such a price, "what?" the richer the better?

Some perspective: 

Free registration got most of us to try this site, frustration sets in (many probably leave at this point), we realize the game is easier if we upgrade equipment and get our credit cards out.  Although we were able to pay for an easier game, we again realize, to be competitive, we need talent and we need to play a lot more.  For those making that sacrifice, I suspect they are not charging their credit cards anymore as their winnings pave the way.  For the rest of us, we'll need to buy stuff or play the free games and use the free equipment and just be happy we're not hooked yet (smile).          

Joey

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 12:09 PM

Infinito3010:
    $1200 Driver

For me that would just be a blunt and expensive gardening spade.

The Callaway spin ball is supposed to have more distance than the GI-SD, but so far I don't see it. On the contrary, a slight mis-hit seems to wipe out any distance advantage over the regular ball. The slow meter presents a kind of moral dilemma, as I had managed to up my game with the GI-SD (1 dot of feel) but I would have to lower my game to play the 2.5 dots of feel in the Callaway balls. After throwing away a couple of tournaments on the new Callaway ball - fighting the slow meter - I went back to the GI-SD and shot the best round of my life on Oakmont - from the back tees! Go figure.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 12:28 PM

I'm enjoying the new balls.  Still struggling a little on getting the spin dialed in, but that shouldn't take more than another week.    Durability is great, played a LOT of golf yesterday and used 3 balls.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 1:10 PM

On a lighter note, if your afraid of losing these new pricey balls just play at Oakmont. Has anyone ever lost a ball there? I'm being serious, I don't think you can. JB

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 1:47 PM

jbenny11:

On a lighter note, if your afraid of losing these new pricey balls just play at Oakmont. Has anyone ever lost a ball there? I'm being serious, I don't think you can. JB

Funny you mentioned this.  Yesterday lost a callaway on #1.  Son playing with computer, not sure what he did he's two and a half, mouse was delayed resulting in the biggest mis-hit of my life and bam, out of bounds on the right.    I cried a little!

Cheers,

b0gey

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 1:49 PM

i'm thinking the downside for legends is in games against the lower tiers who can also use these balls and masters...tm's etc can use just as good clubs as legends.

surely WGT must be thinking about a legend driver.

tbe

RSS