Forums

Help › Forums

New Callaway Balls

Tue, Feb 1 2011 1:46 PM (130 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:08 AM

Ive just entered 3 ready gos and my scores are terrible,Im using the new Callaway ball,,But you know what!! I dont care because im having so much fun with them,Its just what this place needed WGT,>>>FUN,They are simply awesome,Ive just spun back the 250 cent one 24 feet 18 wind behind,, replay is called geeeez  if you want to see what they can do,Im nowhere near the pins today but who cares,,LOLOL

Best Product yet on WGT,>>>>Go get Em<<<

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:20 AM

yeah, that's some serious spin. What I want to know is why the hell can we STILL not gift the legend balls? These new 300 cred callaway balls are giftable (is that a word? lol), AND available to all tiers(what a joke), why is it that you cant gift the legend balls?

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:21 AM

Yes, I am liking them too.

I am seeing a noticable distance gain into the wind with the Tour i (z) with the long sticks.

However all that feel, think I just relocated to 'early click' city

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:27 AM

lol kam same here man bought the i15's to go with these new balls should help u :)

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:27 AM

I think the legend only ball is well and truly redundant now, these Callaway balls are superior in every department.

Not an expert on working out the durability stats, but with this many dots I am guessing I will be no worse off buying these than the GI SD2, as long as I stay off  KI 17....

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:33 AM

Seing as the s version is ment to be the same as legend ones distance wise, they come up well short (without using spin)..Personally would rather buy 2 packs of legend balls!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:35 AM

How about the same ball without the feel? Every new ball WGT puts out there has a modified meter.

@Tess-at 235 out what club were you using there?

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:40 AM

PRIESTESS:
    But you know what!! I dont care because im having so much fun with them,Its just what this place needed WGT,>>>FUN,

I agree with Priestess. I am encouraged that WGT is moving forward. We might take 2 steps up and 1 step sideways and weave and stumble around some....but it is good to know when we pause and look back...WGT is making changes. I remember when we just had 2 stroke play courses and little or no perks, and many of you go much farther back than I.

Here's to the future and being an eternal optimist, Cheers all!

SM

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:46 AM

LMAO........ try the spin balls, 64 deg TM wedge and full BS......... it's awesome.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:49 AM

Sticker shock! They may have durability, but $3 for a sleeve of virtual balls? That's what I pay for real golf balls, and they can last for eons.

RSS