Forums

Help › Forums

New Callaway Balls

Tue, Feb 1 2011 1:46 PM (130 replies)
  • gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 9:47 PM

maybe, just maybe the pro shop should sell some nice cheese to go with the whine.

sounds like a chain saw with a bad plug

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 9:49 PM

Tightrope,

Great post man.  I've contended for a long time that Legend tourneys should have much bigger prizes that lower tiers.  Currently there is little difference.  In '09 there was a much larger gap in prize money between Master (top tier) and Pro, giving all players a reason to work harder to get into top tier. 

I know this is off topic from the new ball but still deserves some more conversation.  Please copy this and post it in it's own thread.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 9:54 PM

gsoup:

maybe, just maybe the pro shop should sell some nice cheese to go with the whine.

sounds like a chain saw with a bad plug

Some cheese would be great so you could actually buy something useful in there.  They obviously don't sell anything to help you with your game.  All in fun gsoup.... just ribbing you a bit.

Sorry Icon, couldn't resist.  :)

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 10:08 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Some cheese would be great so you could actually buy something useful in there.  They obviously don't sell anything to help you with your game.  All in fun gsoup.... just ribbing you a bit.

i dont have a problem with any ribbing, i know i suck stink. im happy as pie to get a par. just here to have fun. only have about 3 or 4 sub par and i know i lost a lot on that stupid 17

• Lazarus9g
    107 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 10:13 PM

jakestanfill7:

oneputtdavid:
    M'11...sorry my friend can't agree with you on the level the playing field for Legends. Just do a little research on "which" tier has the highest win percentage. It's not in-depth, the past three months top 20-30 monthly leaders and the last couple of weeks RG's is all you'll need to check.

Yeah Dave, you're right there, but it's really only a handful of us Legends who have the ability to shoot scores low enough to win against average to good TMs.  90% of the folks in the Legend tier woke up Sept 1 to realize they got hosed.  Most of them I know have too much integrity to start another account so they're stuck in no man's land.

IMO, WGT probably isn't too concerned if the middle of the pack and worse Legends stop playing Ready Gos.  They represent a minuscule percentage of players compared to TM and Masters so WGT will probably make more money if those Legends stop playing Ready Gos and many more players from other tiers jump in the fire.

Jake. There is other life out there. Life beyond WGT. Go outside. Smell some flowers. Breathe the fresh air. Take a walk. Ride a bike. Do something dude.

I know that you're supposedly "big stuff" on here but who really cares? It's an online flash based game. Do you really think in 100 years that anyone will remember your name? lol.

The subliminal arrogance of people on this site is simply astounding!

Some of us just log in every once in a while to play this game for FUN... and reading rants such as this reminds me to be thankful that I don't live the majority of my life on a computer game.

For that, Jake, I thank you!

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 10:47 PM

I decided to give these balls a go - and try to stay away from water courses while doin me BETA tests and whatnot.

My first impression is that they are good for hitting - but this common man finds them a little difficult to putt with.

Then again I did just get back from a trip where I spent somewhere between 2/3 days inside a greasy old shack up on the Bethpage Black.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 11:00 PM

Lazarus9g:
    Go outside. Smell some flowers. Breathe the fresh air. Take a walk.

Easy to say, "Go outside, breathe the fresh air," and such, when Yancy is trapped in that shack up there on the Bethpage Black!

• Lazarus9g
    107 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 12:30 AM

zagraniczniak:

Lazarus9g:
    Go outside. Smell some flowers. Breathe the fresh air. Take a walk.

Easy to say, "Go outside, breathe the fresh air," and such, when Yancy is trapped in that shack up there on the Bethpage Black!

LOL!

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 1:48 AM

Back to the new Callaway balls....at first i hated them, always coming up short, but having got used to the extra yardage because of spin, they're awsome, stop a long iron on a sixpence!

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 2:10 AM

seem a decent ball....but a bit too costly if and when the meter goofs up and swings them in the water....outta bounds or in the weeds...which can happen to me a lot.

might take a look at them though. 

tbe

RSS