Forums

Help › Forums

Slow Meter Boost

Thu, Jun 25 2015 5:04 PM (164 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 3:59 PM

DAZZA501:
    Please remove this now. Worst idea ever.

+1

I'm stunned that WGT would even conceive of introducing this for tournament/ranked or any other kind of serious play. 

A huge part of the appeal of the site is trying to match your skills against others. Yes, there are equipment discrepancies (and granted, there are cheats out there). But for the most part, people achieve success through hard work, practice, and experience.

Introducing this Focus Boost undermines all our confidence in the results, and in matches we have with others.

What I find most disappointing about this new "feature" (or should we call it an "aberration"?) is that it's not visible to your opponent/playing partner in a multiplayer game. I was practicing for TIOUELRC@CB this afternoon with my playing partner Lou, and tested it out on a 4ft putt (exactly the kind of thing that's hard to ding with the 30ft starter putter). There was nothing to indicate my use of it from Lou's perspective. 

The only way you could tell is by refreshing a player's profile page during a game, where at least it is logged in the player's activity. 

Very disappointing addition to the game in my opinion. I hope it backfires, and we see fewer purchases of top-level slow-meter balls, with players who might go for this sort of thing preferring to spend 30cr only as needed.

• aichapman
    1,350 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 4:14 PM

Corwyn:
    I'm stunned that WGT would even conceive of introducing this for tournament/ranked or any other kind of serious play. 

Agree wholeheartedly.

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 4:25 PM

WGT U HAVE ALL THESE PEOPLE ASKING FOR IT TO BE REMOVED PLZ DO SO its worst idea u had yet

• dmatt236
    55 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 4:51 PM

I also agree it was a very stupid idea but at one point people were screaming add this feature so people can do same as the cheats are doing. Then they added it in practice rounds and the same people said whats the point in that.  Now they added basically what was asked for and now you want it removed. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 5:17 PM

dmatt236:
    I also agree it was a very stupid idea but at one point people were screaming add this feature so people can do same as the cheats are doing.

Huh? People asked for this abomination?

• dmatt236
    55 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 5:43 PM

quote user="PaulTon"]

quote user="dmatt236"]I also agree it was a very stupid idea but at one point people were screaming add this feature so people can do same as the cheats are doing.[ quote]

[ quote]

Yes seen a thread where a few said can't beat them add a ding pal and charge for it i will try to locate the thread. 

• dmatt236
    55 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 5:45 PM
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 6:23 PM

PaulTon:

dmatt236:
    I also agree it was a very stupid idea but at one point people were screaming add this feature so people can do same as the cheats are doing.

Not ever AFAIK!  I think I'd remember the tar and feathering of that poster.

• durtaholic
    24 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 7:13 PM

Have to agree on this one . I gets in the way .  Does anyone think WGT is capable or willing in conducting surveys or a poll to get feedback on a item before they implement it ?

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 7:29 PM

This feature/aberration makes a farce out of the one ball rule or even the only 14 clubs in the bag rule.

Example: I need a special ball/club for this particular shot, so I'm going to go buy it now from the pro shop and use it right now for just this one shot, well maybe a couple others shots too if I want.

That's very realistic...lmao.... what is wgt thinking. 

Kill the ball boost feature/screw-up NOW.

RSS