Forums

Help › Forums

Slow Meter Boost

Thu, Jun 25 2015 5:04 PM (164 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 3:43 AM

I believe the slow meter cheat boost is the worst thing to be added to the game ever.

I want it to be removed as soon as possible, if you agree, please post your concerns in this thread.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 3:52 AM

+1

But, they'd have to cancel the Focus Boost, too...

*ROTFL*

In fact, a new situation where the right-hand guy (release notes, news) doesn't know what the left-hand guy (game options) writes, and the flash sign on the meter has no description at all, neither has the FAQs - QA absent, no Assurance, no Quality!

Edit:

BTW, what's the cost per shot? 

It's 30 cr per shot I'm told, still no official mentioning anywhere :(

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 3:54 AM

Personaly l have not used it and would not pay for these gimmicks, in my opinion as a fairly new player l think the best free slow meter aid for me was the Starter putter 5, meter speed, if it was not for the big gaps in the meter increments  l would have not  given it up 

• krushkrush
    42 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 3:55 AM

very much in agreement

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 4:38 AM

Agree...   Please remove the boost button to keep some respect in this great game.

• oldtwofeathers
    67 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 4:48 AM

Is it just me? Or would slowing the meter make missing to the left due to early compensation the net result? I have a constant meter speed on all clubs (bar putter) Altering it for one shot, I could not cope with! 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 6:16 AM

+++++

WGTicon:
    Focus Boost – The new Focus Boost is now available in all game types, to slow down your WGT swing meter on those big shots when you need a little extra focus, just look for the lightning bolt above your swing meter

Bad form right here, please have the design team rethink this.

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 6:31 AM

They should add another column on the Virtual US Open leaderboard showing how many "meter cheat boosts" being used in the round. LOL

• BuffaloBilly6734
    207 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 7:00 AM

I dont get WGT sometimes ,in a previous upgrade they changed how the ball acted when hit out of the rough because they wanted to try and make the game to be more realistic. since when does slowing the meter down, making it easier to play a shot ,make this game more realistic ?  surely the shot should be harder if its a pressure shot. 

Bad Idea WGT

Hi Everyone,

In an effort to continue to make WGT a realistic golf experience, we’ve made some changes to how balls perform when they’re hit from different lies in the rough.

-WGT

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/288288.aspx

• oldslyone
    435 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 7:07 AM

I have been a regular player for nearly 5 years and this latest scam by wgt  has to be the worst . To slow your meter down to make it more controllable you have to buy more expensive clubs, then more expensive balls and now the biggest rip off of them all is now pay 30 credits to slow down the meter (which i am sure has got faster) not for the round but 1 shot SURELY THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO ENCOURAGE MORE PLAYERS BUT TO GIVE WGT A BAD NAME AS JUST ANOTHER COMPANY GETTING GREEDY. Come on wgt give us old retired players some joy back in our lives.

RSS