Forums

Help › Forums

Slow Meter Boost

Thu, Jun 25 2015 5:04 PM (164 replies)
  • Soggyblogger
    224 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 10:10 AM

All I can say is WGT must be very desperate to make money. It's not a good sign when a company is willing to expose themselves as this greedy or this desperate. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 11:08 AM

With 4.5 and 5 meter balls, 4.5 and 5 meter clubs, if you still can't hit the ding the only thing that will help you is locking ones self in a room totally devoid of any distractions to play, or an Eye Doctor....if that doesn't help it's your gene pool...

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 11:19 AM

Heck the auto dinger program is only $3.00 for 1000 hit's

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 11:22 AM

PRIESTESS:

If this is available to players playing in the Open single play , it will be the most destructive thing they ever do! To be little and cremate the biggest comp in wgt would be  suicide! And i for one would lose all respect for the site.

I can see many of the 156 plus ties, having a go with it, I will not be one of them (using the boost) however.

I'll post my 65-68's the old fashioned way!

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 1:08 PM

A REALLY slow meter will not help the elite/best players on this site- who do not need to stiff every approach to make birdies or eagles. Nor would any self respecting Tour Legend or Legend consider paying 30 credits a pop for this silly feature. One can already buy an ideal meter speed to suit the individual via combo clubs/balls. Meter cheats went out of fashion once the Max  and slow meter Nike balls debuted and  when the R11's were no longer the "best" clubs on here. 

But yes, please give us the option to remove this "boost button" from our game client.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 1:24 PM

skccvb:

But yes, please give us the option to remove this "boost button" from our game client.

I believe you already can...

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 1:37 PM

MBaggese:

+++++

WGTicon:
    Focus Boost – The new Focus Boost is now available in all game types, to slow down your WGT swing meter on those big shots when you need a little extra focus, just look for the lightning bolt above your swing meter

Bad form right here, please have the design team rethink this.

+1000 Mike.

I was asked to comment on this being added to the game some months back by someone at WGT. I never mentioned it as I believe in confidentiality. I did reply saying that it would be a poor implementation (and reasons why) but as usual it has been added. I did get a response thanking me for my time and it would only be available in practice rounds if it was introduced.

Well I guess it did not generate enough revenue, so is now there to extract the last few dimes out of a lot of players.

I am not sure what speed it slows the meter to, but as oldfeathers says, wouldn't this lead to early clicking?

I have always advised players to buy clubs to have an even meter speed......this totally goes against that philosophy.

I have always advocated that better clubs or distance boosts should be introduced but only as a risk versus reward scenario. This was touted to the WGT employee as an alternative. So want an extra 10 yards.......miss the ding and your ball will be in a different hemisphere. Or is this just an admission my WGT that everyone plays at a Café with a CE and Kats Wind Calc installed?

A wonderful game slowly being torn apart by an incompetent team of marketing idiots that have probably never seen a real golf course.

This weekend I will visit my local pro shop...ask for Max balls to slow my swing and a focus boost .......and see their reaction. Yes very realistic........

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 1:47 PM

Alan, I don't know the guys at your local pro shop, but I'd think twice about asking them for max balls.

• BillyMayfair
    4,631 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 1:50 PM

as has been said before...guess WGT figured "if you can't beat em...join em....and let's make some money off it as well"  So we now have our own "legalized, WGT authorized cheat program"

Unbelievable....get rid of it

Wayne (BillyMayfair)

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 2:07 PM

I personally couldnt care less about it.  Those who choose to abuse it will be obvious to pick out of the crowd, just like the 60 average "Legends" who have 300+ consecutive games from the little kid tees.  However, I would really like at least the opportunity to turn it off so I dont have to look at that little annoying lightning bolt above my meter on every shot, just like the HIO challenges and speed boosts.

I also think it should be disabled entirely when playing RG tournaments and/or big events like the Virtual US Open etc... Actually now that I think about it, disable it for any tournament/event that involves playing for credits.  As funny as it would be to watch somebody spend $15 to win $8 or to spend that $15 on boosts and lose anyways, eventually people are going to perfect it and that garbage has no place in an otherwise (mostly) honest competition.

RSS