Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Spring 2015 edition

Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:54 AM (88 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 9:43 PM

Typical... always the way isn't it... I wait 5 days after the event, hoping to do scores and credits together... finally lose patience and credits get done a few hours after I've done the whole process once through already.

Well, I still don't have my own credit award for Legend tied 2nd, so maybe it's only been closed out for TL tier... and it's still not showing even TL tier credits on the leaderboard.

I'll look again tomorrow...

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 2:03 PM

unfortunately i cannot play this week and maybe next week too, its a great tour, hopefully i dont tumble down the leaderboard missing two tournaments

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2015 9:24 PM

Sorry to hear you'll miss a couple of weeks Marty. Note though that the final standings will be your best 9 of 12 finishes, so while you'll slip a little initially, it won't matter too much in the final reckoning.

---------------------------

I played my Best of Hardest round this morning... and ought to be very grateful that we weren't playing the Best of Par 4 course!

A dismal +1 on all the par 4 holes, but -9 for the par 3s and par 5s!

Also, a strange round in terms of hitting the edge of the hole: I got two lucky lip-ins, on #10 (Kia5) from 13ft and a 180degree lip-in on #15 (StA8) from back fringe 26ft.

But I lipped-out on #3 (Kia2) from 17ft; on #12 (RSG9) with clumsy, non-concentrating 3.5 footer; on #14 (BPB7) from 13ft. I also missed a couple of other short ones: from 13ft #5 (Kia4); from 10ft #6 (RSG4).

A halfway decent performance on the par 4s and I could have threatened FluffyGreens' impressive Legend tier score of 61, but it was not to be. Looks like another 2nd place finish for me this week.

--------------------

Oh, just noticed that last week's wk16 leaderboard finally has prizes showing, so I'll update the spreadsheet shortly.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2015 11:26 AM

Spreadsheet updated last night. Here are the pics, etc.

-----------------------------------------

Following the wk16 tourney @ Oakmont (which was closed out fully sometime yesterday), here are the latest Spring 2015 UEL Tour Standings:

TL tier saw a first Tour win for perennial UEL Tour high-finisher (and generous prize sponsor) KonradOse with a super 55, edging out Mags by one. vestarinn (yet another strong UEL player from the Wooden Tee stable!) and FairwayRuepel68 were two more back at 58. And JoeMaverick maintained his strong showing in his debut Tour at TL level (trying hard to disprove his own theory that he couldn't qualify for the Ryder Cup team amongst the 'big boys'!). He and frenchconnect came in with 59s..

In Legend tier, akash1592's super 60 was more than enough to hold off the chasing pack. Martinem came in tied 2nd, alongside Corwyn.

Please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Chambers Bay in September, we'll be tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. Here are the Team Qualification Sheets: Team USA  | Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places, who may not be available when September comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so keep pressing for your place! Places are based on best 9 scores from this Tour.

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

Right-click, open in new Tab, to see these images full-size

wk16 Tourney: Oakmont scores:

TL credit standings:

TL 'Relative to Par' Standings:

L credit standings:

L 'Relative to Par' Standings:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L Combined best 9 scores 'Relative to Par' Standings:

Hopefully, we'll get a more prompt close-out of the wk17 tourney @ BoH, which ended last night. I'll leave it till tomorrow to see if I can update scores and credits in one go.

That said, presumably everyone at WGT HQ is busily preparing for this week's likely update, with the VUSO on our brand new course added into the system, so who knows what will happen!

Good luck @ Kiawah for this week's wk18 event. I notice OleFernando has already posted a fantastic 58 in Legend tier. That sure sets the bar high!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2015 8:10 PM

Super fast close-out today of last week's wk17 tourney (that ended midnight last night). Thanks WGT!

Here are the pics, etc.

-----------------------------------------

Following the wk17 tourney @ Best of Hardest here are the latest Spring 2015 UEL Tour Standings:

In TL tier xfipro pipped vestarinn by one for the win with a 57. Mags and Konrad were two further back on 60.

In Legend tier, FluffyGreen's fabulous 61 was a full three shots clear of the chasers, headed by akash1592, mmyers0, IrishKing1916, and Corwyn. 

Please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Chambers Bay in September, we'll be tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. Here are the Team Qualification Sheets: Team USA  | Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places, who may not be available when September comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so keep pressing for your place! Places are based on best 9 scores from this Tour.

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

Right-click, open in new Tab, to see these images full-size

wk17 Tourney: Best of Hardest scores:

TL credit standings:

TL 'Relative to Par' Standings:

L credit standings:

L 'Relative to Par' Standings:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L Combined best 9 scores 'Relative to Par' Standings:

Good luck @ Kiawah for this week's wk18 event.

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2015 11:59 PM

Corwyn:
    And JoeMaverick maintained his strong showing in his debut Tour at TL level (trying hard to disprove his own theory that he couldn't qualify for the Ryder Cup team amongst the 'big boys'!).

I do my best but I also keep showing that I'm still able to score some very poor rounds here and there. The last one was a joke: no ding, no putting, nothing. If it's to play like that it's better for me to play to GTA lol

After St Andrews and Merion it's allready my 3rd bad round so I have allready used all my jokers and there are 5 more rounds to play. BoH and Merion that's not a drama, but the bad round on St Andrews will cost me a lot... :(

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2015 5:17 AM

And the up and down continues. Exactly as I have managed the par 5 on Kiawah.

On the first one I drive just on the downhill lie (2y to the right and it was uphill).

On the second one I send the second shot in the mulch (yes yes, there's mulch on Kiawah). I didn't know what to do there so I've played as usual: pitch for... 1y lol. But at least it was enough to reach the rough 40-50%.

On the 3rd one I drive in the rough, and I hit the second shot on the fairway but in the bounced zone.

And finally to finish well, on #16 I send the second shot in the sand (at least it was flat).

The result? 3 birdies and 1 par. 

• HIOSoon
    208 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2015 12:54 AM

Week 19 18 hole uneven lies..

I can only get it in practice mode and it's from blue tees and NOT uneven !! lol

Just me ?

EDITED, gone to play now

• FluffyGreens
    422 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2015 6:49 AM

Couldn't stop it sliding off the green this week, or scramble.  -_-

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2015 8:13 AM

Edit: Hi Fluffy, you must be being moderated. I didn't see your post earlier. Bad luck on this week's round, after 2 great wins in a row at Legend tier. BTW: I did include you in the Team ROW RyderCup candidates, and on this form, you're looking very strong for securing a place in the team!

-----------------

Not hearing anything more on this HIO, so I'm assuming all is well, and that the tourney is UEL after all. I see quite a few players have completed it already, so I'm guessing we would have heard something if there was a problem.

FYI: I've just updated the Tour Spreadsheet with the scores from wk18 @ Kiawah (so the Relative to Par standings are up-to-date), and will run it through again once WGT officially closes out the tourney and we get the credit allocations as well. Huge congratulations to Priestess on managing a spectacular -18 to win at Kiawah in TL tier.

We're now into the last 4 weeks of the Spring Tour with lots to play for. Good luck at Pinehurst this week!

RSS