Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Spring 2015 edition

Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:54 AM (88 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 1:28 PM

Wow, Sara, that's a tough break. What happened? Did the meter stop on you... ?

• akash1592
    322 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 5:32 PM

Oh well, (-14),  best score in UEL for me i guess..  top class ball striking and a hot putter made this possible. 3 pars,1 bogey..  Good wind on both 9 and 10, helped me drive the green, perfect wind on 5, 18 and 12 made for easy birds..  rest just fell into place.

standing on 2nd shot on 17.. knew i didn't needed to take it right on, but then had a 58 on back of my head to outscore the 59 on cabo in UEL..  glad i could pull it off, approach on 17th landed 4inches..lol

try catching it fellas' :)

good luck to those who still have to play..!!

Best

~kash

• FluffyGreens
    422 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 2:57 AM

Corwyn:

Wow, Sara, that's a tough break. What happened? Did the meter stop on you... ?

Yes Corwyn   -_-

• FluffyGreens
    422 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 5:49 AM

Two bad rounds back to back. See the importance of playing every week now -_-

Fescue drive on 2 and bunker drive on 15 :-(

Thank you Corwyn, it was a lot of fun trying to place, { mostly -_- }

Sara

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 7:02 PM

Bad luck Sara. Yes, you did miss several weeks early on which I'm sure made the difference.

All is not entirely lost though... as I see the qualifying for ROW, I think johehejo or duffputt would need a top 10-top15 finish to overtake you, while JoeMaverick or FairwayRuepel68 might need a top 5. And looking at the scores already posted, I think it's going to be incredibly close.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 7:27 PM

Please note: I have included credits in the Tour Spreadsheet for wk21, even though the tourney is not yet closed out officially. I used spreadsheet calculations to figure out payout based on the standard payout rules. Obviously these are not final, but they will give an idea of where everyone stands as we near the end of the tour.

wk20 did close out 2 days ago (some 9 days after the tourney ended), and my provisional credit calculations have now been revised. The only change was 5 credits extra to the 4 TLs who shot 62 @ RSG, which has a negligible effect on the standings.

Below are the pics, etc. (note these snapshots of the spreadsheet were taken Monday, before wk20 was closed out, so they still have headings saying Provisional for wk20, and the pics [but not the spreadsheet] show 5 credits fewer for the 4 TLs who shot 62)

-----------------------------------------

Following the wk21 tourney @ Kiawah here are the latest Spring 2015 UEL Tour Standings:

In TL tier johehejo came in late on with a fabulous 55 (-17) to take the spoils, and deny JoeMaverick a win (Joe had led going into the weekend, having pipped Dazza who had posted a 58 very early on in the week, and watched as player after player matched it but couldn't beat his tiebreak). The win was crucial for Jorg, giving him a chance to qualify for the RyderCup team in the final week.

In Legend tier, Corwyn got another tiebreak win, this time over akash1592 with both posting 60s. It was a disappointing week for both FluffyGreens and mmyers0, the two closest challengers in Legend tier.

Please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Chambers Bay in September, we'll be tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. Here are the Team Qualification Sheets: Team USA  | Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places, who may not be available when September comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so keep pressing for your place! Places are based on best 9 scores from this Tour.

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

Right-click, open in new Tab, to see these images full-size

wk21 Tourney @ Kiawah scores:

TL credit standings:

TL 'Relative to Par' Standings:

L credit standings:

L 'Relative to Par' Standings:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L Combined best 9 scores 'Relative to Par' Standings:

And our final week (now well under way) is at St. Andrews, meaning a 3rd repeat course, and no showing in the Tour for Olympic, Whistler or Cabo. I'm particularly disappointed that Olympic wasn't featured as it's without question one of the best UEL challenges in the rotation.

FYI: I haven't forgotten the need to publish the plan for the generous sponsors' donations of prizes for this Tour. Watch out for that soon...

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2015 2:05 PM

Please note: I have included credits in the Tour Spreadsheet for wk22, even though the tourney is not yet closed out officially. I used spreadsheet calculations to figure out payout based on the standard payout rules. Obviously these are not final, but I'm pretty sure they're accurate (enough) to allow this wrap-up post for the Tour. When the tourney is closed out, I'll double-check the numbers.

Below are the pics, etc. 

-----------------------------------------

Following the wk22 tourney @ St Andrews here are the FINAL Spring 2015 UEL Tour Standings:

In TL tier RyanKCantrell won with a 57 (-15) ahead of JoeMaverick and IrishKing1916 (a great result for Irish in his first week or two as a TL!). Joe's 2nd place had huge ramifications for the Ryder Cup qualification (see that thread). I get the feeling Mags has been coasting these last few weeks, and he came in 2 shots back with a 59 alongside Konrad, SteveW, and kelpei.

In Legend tier, akash1592 finally got another win (on a tiebreak) with a very impressive 58, which was matched by Edomae. They were some 3 shots clear of JediKnight1976 in 3rd place.

Please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Chambers Bay in September, we've been tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. Here are the Team Qualification Sheets: Team USA  | Team ROW. Places are based on best 9 scores from this Tour.

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

Right-click, open in new Tab, to see these images full-size

wk22 Tourney @ St Andrews scores:

TL credit standings:

TL 'Relative to Par' Standings:

L credit standings:

L 'Relative to Par' Standings:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L Combined best 9 scores 'Relative to Par' Standings:

Please note, I plan on running the next UEL Tour in the Fall, and it will include qualification for a follow-up Ryder Cup at Pebble Beach, on the assumption that that course will be available for UEL play in January/February.

More stats and Prize information posts for the Spring UEL Tour to follow...

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2015 2:06 PM

2015 Spring UEL Tour Winners:

I'm delighted to announce our Tour Winners.

In first place in the TL credits standings (top37 pic), and our undisputed and undefeated UEL Tour Champion yet again, is fmagnets with 2235cr (his highest ever total by some 62cr). He finished an enormous 800+cr ahead of 2nd place. Congratulations Mags!

Mags' consistency was astounding: once again he managed top 10 finishes in all but one event (and was 11th in the other!). He had 3 wins, 4 second places, 1 thirds, 1 fourth, a ninth, twelfth and thirteenth. If there is a weakness in his game, it seems to be at RSG in UEL, the site of his two worst finishes!  [pic of Mags' placings]

Early on in the Tour, he was challenged by Saurabh08, who recorded 2 wins and a 2nd in the first 4 weeks, but couldn't keep up that form, and faded a little in the second half of the Tour.

KonradOse once again came in 3rd place, with 1159cr including 1 win. Others with 1 Tour win were Priestess, xfipro, johehejo, duffputt, and Dazza501.

It was a slightly disappointing Tour for players like FairwayRuepel68 and bhoese neither of whom won, but were consistent enough to finish in the top 10.

But unquestionably, the most improved player was JoeMaverick, who stepped up to the 'big boys' tour with aplomb, with regular high finishes and a great closing last couple of weeks. He fully earned his Ryder Cup team qualification place!

In L credits standings (top37 pic), Corwyn was the leading finisher, recording 4 wins, 3 second places, 1 fourth, 2 fifths, and a sixth (and was timed out from another second place finish) [pic of Corwyn's placings]. His total of 1663cr was 518cr ahead of akash1592 in 2nd, with FluffyGreens and OleFernando another 400-odd cr back.

----------------------

In the Relative to Par standings (TLtop37pic), Mags was the comfortable winner again in TL tier, 23 shots ahead of Konrad and Saurabh. Joe, Priestess and FairwayRuepel made up the next group of 3 chasers. This time around 15 golfers reached 100 under par across all the tourneys (the above-mentioned TL players plus bhoese, duffputtDaskinoGolferDadRB, johehejo, MatildaIgaly, ColumbusStorm, Legaci and Shankette). Although we missed out on Olympic and Whistler in the Tour (two of the tougher courses), that's still an impressive improvement on 10 golfers who reached -100 last time.

Meanwhile in L tier (top35pic), and even missing one week (with the time-out at Pinehurst), only Corwyn topped -100, finishing -106. akash1592 came close with -94, despite missing 2 weeks.

Prizes:

As in the Fall 2014 Tour, each of the two tiers' Tour winners (fmagnets & Corwyn) receive a 5 sleeve (or approx. 2-2500cr value) prize (from KonradOse's main prize sponsorship of 5,000cr.) Thank you so much Konrad for such a generous prize offering.

Perhaps Mags can indicate what sleeve he wants as the TL winner, and I'll choose my prize based on what's left of Konrad's pool!

Andy (alcaucin) also generously offered 5 sleeves in prizes, and they go, one each, to the next placed best finishers in each tier's Scores Relative to Par category (skipping the players that win the respective Tour prizes above). [These sleeves to be awarded on this basis: 1. highest placed player in L tier Relative to Par (if not winner of Tour). 2. highest placed player in TL tier Relative to Par (if not winner of Tour). 3. next highest placed player in L tier. 4. next highest placed player in TL tier. 5. next highest placed player in L tier.

Thus the disbursement of sleeves to the next highest-placed players is as follows:

2 L. akash1592 - TBC

T2&3 TL. Saurabh08 - TBC & KonradOse   - TBC

T3&4 L. mmyers0 - TBC & NicColsaerts - TBC

Would the highlighted players above please confirm or otherwise their sleeve of choice (either here in the thread, or by PM to Andy [alcaucin]) or myself), and we'll get those sent off to you.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2015 2:48 PM

<reserved for some more Stats>

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2015 3:25 PM

Thanks C, and thanks to K-man for another generous prize. L61s would be great for me, a handy 500cr per sleeve to make dividing into 2500 nice and easy. And well done to all the other prize winners, and to Andy for his kind sponsorship.

RSS