Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Spring 2015 edition

Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:54 AM (88 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 9:59 PM

Very, very impressive Mags. I had the pleasure of watching that display earlier this evening, and you make it look very easy indeed.

It looks very ominous folks. Mags is dialed in and clearly seeking his 4th consecutive UEL Tour win. Can anyone stop him this time?!!!

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2015 3:17 PM

Had 62 in RSG. Very pleased by my play for the first 2 weeks thus far. Could have been lower but ill take it.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2015 4:06 PM

I know Corwyn's a bit of stat man so thought i'd share this from this weeks RSG tourney :-)

• akash1592
    322 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2015 6:23 PM

Tied for 1st in this weeks RSG , Legend tier ..:)   - 61 , with no birds on par 3's.. :(

~ kash

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2015 9:38 PM

DAZZA501:

I know Corwyn's a bit of stat man so thought i'd share this from this weeks RSG tourney :-)

Great round, Dazz!  I did what I could to beat it, and it would have been an epic battle:

It came down to me needing to make something of this lie on the 18th.  I missed my 3W drive late and it didn't quite clear the slope:

My 7 iron landed on what is normally a good spot but it was way too hot and rolled to the back fringe.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2015 10:31 PM

Wow, you two! That is fantastic playing, and thank you so much for sharing the cards and stats. You both took our bumpiest course apart. Very well played. That would have been quite the final pairing head-to-head!

And really great to see you committing to the Tour, Dazza (and to trying to make the Ryder Cup this time)!

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 5:56 AM

Great effort Ben. I only took the lead because I holed a 25 footer on the last. As you can see by my stats it was the longest putt I made. Few fist pumps when that went in I tell ya :-)

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 9:50 PM

Congratulations, sir...gotta love those fist pumps!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 8:56 AM

Just about to post an update on the Tour Standings so far after 2 weeks...

... but before that, wanted to share report of my own rounds. I've been riding a lot of luck first two events, and am still somewhat surprised to have come out with wins in Legend tier @ Congo and RSG. Many apologies to those I've pipped at the last!

Wk11 @ Congo (card here): I hacked around on the f9 missing out on birdies on the easier holes, and getting lucky breaks like this pitch in on #4. Came to #13 just -5, but was able to close very strongly with 4 birds in the next 5  to just steal the win from NicColsaerts (the 16ft birdie putt on the last was going way too hard but hit the hole). Sorry Nic!

Wk12 @ RSG (card here): this week it seemed like I was coasting after a great f9 marred only by somehow thinking a 15mph tail was enough on #5 to drive past the hill to the far fairway, oops! I also got the worst of a big tailwind on #4, getting overexcited about the ability to catch the hill's downslope and send it 354yds... into a vicious downhill lie, doh! -6 after 9 stayed that way after missing very makeable chances from 9ft on #10, 6ft lip-out on #11, and 18ft lip-out on #12, and pulling a straight uphiller on #13. Suddenly I had it all to do... got routine bird on #14 into the wind though nearly punched in 3rd, and then got incredible break on #15 with absurd 37ft charging putt dropping dead centre. Needed a lucky lip-in on #16 to keep chance for the win alive, and handy wind on #17 made for routine birdie there. Coming down #18 (again with just minutes to spare) I somehow rushed the 2nd and must have failed to put any bs on the shot... ran 38ft past to back of green but managed decent lag that avoided the ridge and sunk the 5ft par save. Phew!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 9:25 AM

Here are the latest Spring 2015 UEL Tour Standings:

I will make a similar post every week, after WGT disburses prizes for the prior week's tourney. Typically, the spreadsheet will be updated twice, once on Monday with results from the event (which results in updated Relative to Par standings) and again once the credits have been allocated, thus updating the Credits Standings sheets.

I'm grateful that credit allocation has been prompt the last 2 weeks. Thanks WGT! Long may that continue :)

Standings after wk12 tourney at Royal St. George's:

As described above, in the TL tier, DAZZA501 and fellow Wooden Teer bhoese had a super battle with matching 56s, Dazza coming out on top courtesy of a long fist-pump birdie on the last.

In Legend tier, I pipped antogarcia53 and akash1952 who both posted 61s.

Please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Chambers Bay in September, we'll be tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. Here are the Team Qualification Sheets: Team USA  | Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places, who may not be available when September comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so keep pressing for your place! Places are based on best 9 scores from this Tour, so with only 2 weeks gone out of 12 events, there's plenty of time for everyone, even if you haven't participated yet.

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

Right-click, open in new Tab, to see these images full-size

wk12Tourney: Royal St. George's scores:

TL credit standings:

TL 'Relative to Par' Standings:

L credit standings:

L 'Relative to Par' Standings:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L Combined best 9 scores 'Relative to Par' Standings:

Some strong scores posted already at St. Andrews this week, including Mags in with a 56. Good luck to everyone still to play!

RSS