Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:54 AM (88 replies)
  • FluffyGreens
    422 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2015 10:45 AM

Corwyn:
    BTW: I did include you in the Team ROW RyderCup candidates

Thank you Corwyn, fun trying for a place. -_-

Corwyn:
    Hi Fluffy, you must be being moderated. I didn't see your post earlier.

Yes, I don't know why ?, my post go straight up in my CC.

Sara

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 1:02 AM

FluffyGreens:

Yes, I don't know why ?, my post go straight up in my CC.

Sara

First few times I posted in main forum as well it took time to show up. It'll show up directly after a few posts.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2015 7:33 PM

Corwyn:
    FYI: I've just updated the Tour Spreadsheet with the scores from wk18 @ Kiawah (so the Relative to Par standings are up-to-date), and will run it through again once WGT officially closes out the tourney and we get the credit allocations as well. Huge congratulations to Priestess on managing a spectacular -18 to win at Kiawah in TL tier.

wk18 finally closed earlier this afternoon (someone at WGT HQ working on a Sunday!) and the Tour Spreadsheet is now fully updated for that week, with credits as well as scores.

Here are the pics, etc.

-----------------------------------------

Following the wk18tourney @ Kiawah here are the latest Spring 2015 UEL Tour Standings:

In TL tier Priestess got her first Tour win, with a truly fabulous -18 (a mark rarely achieved in UEL). Aided by 3 eagles, her score beat Mags & Legaci by 3 into second place, with JoeMaverick, GolferDadRB, and lisalovesthesun a further stroke back. 

In Legend tier, FluffyGreen took the spoils again with a super 58. Bad luck to OleFernando who lost out on a tiebreak for the win for the second time in this Tour. Fluffy's back-to-back wins catapult her into 3rd place in the Legend tier credit standings, and also into a current automatic qualification spot for the ROW team for the UEL Ryder Cup. akash1592's impressive Tour continued with a fine 59 for 3rd place.

Please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Chambers Bay in September, we'll be tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. Here are the Team Qualification Sheets: Team USA  | Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places, who may not be available when September comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so keep pressing for your place! Places are based on best 9 scores from this Tour.

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

Right-click, open in new Tab, to see these images full-size

wk18 Tourney: Kiawah scores:

TL credit standings:

TL 'Relative to Par' Standings:

L credit standings:

L 'Relative to Par' Standings:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L Combined best 9 scores 'Relative to Par' Standings:

There are only a few hours left for the wk19 event @ Pinehurst. Good luck to anyone still to go out (myself included!)

... and I notice that the Calendar shows we're getting RSG again next week. I was hoping we might go through a full 12-week rotation without any repeats (still haven't had Olympic, Whistler, Cabo, or Bethpage), so with just wk21 & wk22 still tbc, here's hoping we get Oly and Whistler for those, as two of our most challenging UEL courses.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 12:01 AM

Rats! Shouldn't have spent the time earlier this evening on the spreadsheet. Then it turned out the wife needed the computer and I got back on far too late.

I just managed to miss the tourney deadline on my last putt on #18 by mere seconds and was timed out... doh! Still had a minute left on my computer's clock but obviously that was slow vis-a-vis WGT's.

A little embarrassing for the Tour organizer to do something like that. Oops!

And it was a decent score too. I'd just missed the 15ft putt that would have put me in a 4-way tiebreak for 1st in L tier.

Glad to see OleFernando finally gets a tiebreak win though, after twice being unlucky. Congrats Ole!

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 3:16 AM

Corwyn:
    I just managed to miss the tourney deadline on my last putt on #18 by mere seconds and was timed out... doh! Still had a minute left on my computer's clock but obviously that was slow vis-a-vis WGT's.

That's awful. That makes my bogey on #13 because to the bad putting scale (on a 8f uphill putt for birdie) less frustrating...

• FluffyGreens
    422 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 7:32 AM

Lost momentum with a BIG headwind on #14 -_-

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2015 1:34 PM

I played yesterday and had almost the opposite round to Sara...

I had some adventures on #5 finding horrible sidehill lie next to a fairway bunker, then the deep brush, but somehow got it on the green and made a curling 10 footer for a key save. I was also very pleased with this 2nd to #17 after pushing my drive into the big bank.

My putting seems to have disappeared lately... Had some awful misses in this round: the worst of which were from less than 8ft on the last, and from 6ft on #15.

I also missed a bunch of mid-rangers: from 22ft for eagle on #14, and from 18ft for eagle on #7, two more straightforward 18 footers on #8 & #10, and also from 14ft on #6 and 12ft on #2.

So, my round could/should have been substantially better, but am relieved to hold the current Legend lead (on the tiebreak). And, above all, at least I finished this week, lol!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2015 1:53 PM

Seems like wk19 closed out properly sometimes yesterday and the Tour Spreadsheet is now fully updated for that week, with credits as well as scores.

Below are the pics, etc.

Following the wk19tourney @ Pinehurst here are the latest Spring 2015 UEL Tour Standings:

In TL tier fmagnets won again, with a tiebreaker 57 over DaveDwingdale. Bad luck, Dave! It's not like Mags really needs another win, lol! johehejo was just one shot back in 3rd.

In Legend tier, OleFernando finally got a tiebreak win after twice being unlucky in this Tour. His 61 took the spoils over hagar2 and emmalinks

Please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Chambers Bay in September, we'll be tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. Here are the Team Qualification Sheets: Team USA  | Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places, who may not be available when September comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so keep pressing for your place! Places are based on best 9 scores from this Tour.

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

wk19 Tourney: Pinehurst scores:

TL credit standings:

L credit standings:

Good luck to anyone still to play RSG this week.

After RSG there are two more weeks left in the Tour!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 5:15 PM

Since we are getting close to the end of the UEL Spring Tour (and the qualification period for the UEL Ryder Cup @ Chambers Bay), I'll try and do the full wrap-up as early as possible each week.

Please note: I have included credits in the Tour Spreadsheet for wk20, even though the tourney is not yet closed out officially. I used spreadsheet calculations to figure out payout based on the standard payout rules. Obviously these are not final, but they will give an idea of where everyone stands as we near the end of the tour.

Below are the pics, etc.

Following the wk20 tourney @ Royal St. George's here are the latest Spring 2015 UEL Tour Standings:

In TL tier duffputt got a much-deserved win at last with a 57, having knocked on the door with consistent performances throughout the Tour. Priestess got another high finish, one shot back in 2nd, with 4 players on 59, and 6 on 60. Mags must have eased off the pedal, finishing his lowest placing so far on Tour, tied 13th.

In Legend tier, Corwyn had a great back 9 (even with two short putt misses) to squeeze through on a tiebreak win over axelgolf and FluffyGreens, all with 61s. after twice being unlucky in this Tour. That's Corwyn's first win since the opening two weeks.

------------------

wk20 Tourney @ Royal St. George's scores:

TL credit standings:

L credit standings:

We're back at Kiawah again this week, which was only 3 weeks ago!!!

Very disappointed we're not getting a full rotation of courses...  :(

• FluffyGreens
    422 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 11:04 AM

lippers on #11, 12 13 and 14, then this to rub the salt in -_-

replay.aspx?ID=8d5a9141 e3a9 42a7 a2fc a4a001290ce5

I was about to withdraw in anger, then saw the funny side  -_-

RSS