Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Spring 2015 edition

Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:54 AM (88 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 5:21 AM

News received yesterday via PM... KonradOse has stepped forward and offered prize sponsorship for the Tour of 10 sleeves (or 5,000cr.)

Thank you so much Konrad, for such a very generous sponsorship! Hugely appreciated!!!

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 6:41 AM

im looking forward to the tour it would be nice to get my first win on uneven lies after a few 2nd places but its a tough tour.

Ps: who started the abbreviation of uneven lies to UEL when uneven is one word, shouldn't it be UL

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 7:05 AM

Good point Marty!

I suspect it started that way because UL is used here predominantly to mean "Unlimited", so UEL at least avoids confusion. 

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 8:24 AM

Corwyn:

Good point Marty!

I suspect it started that way because UL is used here predominantly to mean "Unlimited", so UEL at least avoids confusion. 

i never thought of that

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 10:23 AM

WGTicon:

Ill try to play too, for fun. 

:)

So Icon, you're allowed to play these weekly tournaments now? I guess yes if I look at the leaderboard of this week. I'm just confused about the gap in the US team that was and still is reserved to you because you were not allowed to play them. Does that mean that you'll go through the qualification process as everybody who wants to make the team? Maybe Corwyn, you can answer this.

Thanks for clarifying my confusion guys  ;-) 

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 12:02 PM

I think it's already been answered on the previous page Fred. If Icon is allowed to play them, then he can (and will need to) earn his place on the team.

I'll wait till we see a real entry in the wk11 tourney, then amend the qualification thread explanation of captain's picks etc.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 12:27 PM

WGTicon:

Corwyn:

Nice members bounce there, Icon!

But just so you know, and that no-one gets confused, the Tour itself starts next week with wk11's single-play UEL 18-holer (and hopefully it genuinely is an18-hole event as advertised!).

And, as Andy so politely puts it, it would be great if you are allowed to compete for your place. It seems the issue of captains' picks is controversial enough already. Would be good if you didn't need to rely on one, lol!

i dont mind competing part. it's the remembering to post a score part that I have trouble with!!! lol

Oh Sorry guys, I will make sure I read previous pages next time :-)

As most of us, I can't wait for the tour starting! By then, we also hope the putting grid issues will be fixed as the lies dots as well that seem slower too. I know it will be the same conditions for everybody so if things remain as it is right now, then scores should be fun!

Sorry again for missing the conversation regarding Icon status. Good luck in the qualifiers then  ;-)

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 3:48 PM

Here's hoping I play a lot better than the last tour.. :)

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 8:56 AM

Good luck beating this score Icon.... ;-)

• Adalanar
    282 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 9:14 AM

53! - unreal - amazing - well done

RSS