Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Spring 2015 edition

Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:54 AM (88 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 2:41 PM

Corwyn:
    Please post here (or PM me privately) if you would like to sponsor a prize for the Tour.

Stick me down for 5 sleeves C, to disperse as u see fit..

Never seem to have the time to do a full 'Tour' nowadays..

Will prolly delve in from time to time tho.......

Hit them well ladies n gents !!

Andy

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 4:43 PM

Wow, Andy, that's great! Really generous of you!!!

We will certainly make good use of that offer. Thank you!

... but you really should try and qualify... You're plenty good enough to make the team if you set your mind to it. You could probably even afford to skip the Kiawah week!

Also, Team ROW has had a regular German contingent (and successful duo). It's about time we had a Spanish pairing to match (and to emulate Sevy & Ollie). Perhaps you and Emma might both qualify this time around (and make an expat-Brit Spanish pairing, lol!).

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:02 PM

WGTicon:
    Ill try to play too, for fun. 

:)

That's great Icon. I didn't think you were allowed to play these tourneys, or win any credits. (Do you mean you'll enter as iconian?)

Perhaps you can use some of your enormous influence and try and make sure we get a full range of courses, with no repeats in the 12 weeks (from wk11-22). Would that be possible?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:14 PM

Corwyn:
    but you really should try and qualify... You're plenty good enough to make the team if you set your mind to it.

I know but....

I have commitment issues...just ask Lisa !!

Another woman Don't  need in my life  :))

Andy ( 45, never married, no children )

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:23 PM

Corwyn:

WGTicon:
    Ill try to play too, for fun. 

:)

That's great Icon. I didn't think you were allowed to play these tourneys, or win any credits. (Do you mean you'll enter as iconian?)

Perhaps you can use some of your enormous influence and try and make sure we get a full range of courses, with no repeats in the 12 weeks (from wk11-22). Would that be possible?

I joined and if I win credits, well............... I win credits, Folks will either trust me that I get lucky once in a while or they can email my boss :D

but i am leading, partly due to this replay

had a great chance for birdie on 9, but was extra careful cuz biride ends up double bogey in a flash, so left it high

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:29 PM

WGTicon:
    I joined and if I win credits, well............... I win credits, Folks will either trust me that I get lucky once in a while

Bout fookin time you earned ya place instead ov getting a free pass every year !!!

Andy ;-0

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:34 PM

Nice members bounce there, Icon!

But just so you know, and that no-one gets confused, the Tour itself starts next week with wk11's single-play UEL 18-holer (and hopefully it genuinely is an18-hole event as advertised!).

And, as Andy so politely puts it, it would be great if you are allowed to compete for your place. It seems the issue of captains' picks is controversial enough already. Would be good if you didn't need to rely on one, lol!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:40 PM

Corwyn:
    And, as Andy so politely puts it

Never anything but ....?  ;-0

Ic can take it in the right spirit.

Andy

• akash1592
    322 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 6:24 PM

Put me in Corwyn, i'll try to play all 12 weeks,, big commitment, but i'll try..  ciao

Also a suggestion, you could count the big 18 hole uneven lies RG's towards the qualification process too. i see 3 pretty solid 18 hole RG's there this turn, takes time to fill, but should be fun, good scores, and good players.

Just because, there might be people, who could miss on seeing this forum post, and wont play the weekly's, and thus miss on a chance to qualify.

Maybe you could like keep an eye on top 5 in those events, and if someone is constantly up there in those events, he/she could be considered as a good option.

just my 2 cent, nothing more :)

~kash

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 2:14 AM

Corwyn:

Nice members bounce there, Icon!

But just so you know, and that no-one gets confused, the Tour itself starts next week with wk11's single-play UEL 18-holer (and hopefully it genuinely is an18-hole event as advertised!).

And, as Andy so politely puts it, it would be great if you are allowed to compete for your place. It seems the issue of captains' picks is controversial enough already. Would be good if you didn't need to rely on one, lol!

i dont mind competing part. it's the remembering to post a score part that I have trouble with!!! lol

RSS