Forums

Help › Forums

Slowing down?

Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:07 PM (95 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 11:32 AM

jayw4862:
    Andy, is there anyway to find data for WGT Mobile? For past months up to current?

None that I know of Jay.  I tried Compete.com with this mobile portal address:

http://m.wgt.com/

and it said no data found.

• dandycap
    1,809 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 5:41 PM

Three spot.....      Right on.     Quote "WGT just doesn't get it".

WGT, pay for a social directer.     An expert in organization and communication.    

This game is so great, I'm speaking up loudly to let you know, Mr WiGiT, I'm worried.....     Joe

• robgt90
    21 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 6:43 PM

I think due to several factors, a lot of current players are not playing as much, nor are they referring people to join. I have encountered numerous issues with the game. I myself haven't been on as much. Seems the game is getting worse instead of better.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 9:46 AM

I haven't updated the WGT traffic data since September!  Just too depressing to watch the decline.  Even the intro of the front 9 of Pebble Beach in December didn't cause an increase!

Click on the image for a larger view.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 9:58 AM

What would accounting for international traffic do to those numbers?

• Comacausey
    51 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 11:41 AM

On this topic at hand on mobile I see quite a bit of new players here there when playing multiplayer games and some don't know the browser version exists. From what I can tell WGT has put in new clubs. The one I would like to point out is the New Cobra Lvl 60 something Driver, woods, and irons. All of those are very affordable clubs and offer really good performance for their value (Just by looking at the stats). I can give them credit for at least trying something. Maybe they should try to do a TV ad on Golf Channel or something like that.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 1:07 PM

This site says ~42% of traffic comes from the U.S.  But I'm more interested in the trends in the data than the total numbers.  Recently traffic is at a low point and holding.

Obviously much more traffic from Canada lately! LOL ;-)

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 8:17 PM

andyson:

I haven't updated the WGT traffic data since September!  Just too depressing to watch the decline.  Even the intro of the front 9 of Pebble Beach in December didn't cause an increase!

Click on the image for a larger view.

Call 911 and get an AED, WGT is flat lining! 

That is an interesting statistic. Your chart also helps explain why the forums are so dead as well! I remember when I first joined there was always conversations in the forum that read like a soap opera. That alone, at times, was enough to keep a person coming back!

Oh well hopefully the partnership with Tru Golf can bring life back to the game. I really enjoy the game and several of the people that I have met here, but it is hard to play them anymore with all the problems that exist within the game now!

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 11:14 PM

Is your data assuming all computers have static IP's

• VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2016 1:06 PM

Here's the mobile and PC data GLOBALLY for the last six months, and it looks fairly consistent to me, give or take a couple of 150k bounces and dips.

https://www.similarweb.com/website/wgt.com

RSS