Forums

Help › Forums

Slowing down?

Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:07 PM (95 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 10:06 AM

Here's April data.  Finally a good sign.

Unique US visitors in April is up 57% from March. Although still only about half the US visitors in the 3 prior Aprils.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 10:48 AM

That's where all those "I can't get out of the rough" and "I can't ding the meter" e-mails come from.  :-D

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 11:48 AM

Can't wait for focus boost month...

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 2:08 PM

Here's May data:

May unique US visitors was up 19% over April with the introduction of Chambers Bay.  Althoug still lagging behind at 65% of last year's May total.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 2:51 PM

andyson:

May unique US visitors was up 19% over April with the introduction of Chambers Bay.  Althoug still lagging behind at 65% of last year's May total.

June will be interesting

having watched the US open on the USGA site .... i must have seen the wgt advertisement about 100 times. did it / does it ever get shown on tv in the US ?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 3:18 PM

andyson:

Apologies if stated early or clear as a bell and I just don't see it (v likely, LOL), but can we tell if that includes any mobile visitor data.

The desperation of letting the under cooked new ideas department run riot with every whacko idea going would lead me to think nothing is going near what is needed.  

IMO growing it by remembering what made the game fantastic would be a good start, but the new ideas people disagree and seem to get a free run.  One daft idea to the next, and all with more not fixable bugs sadly has been too much of the staple diet.  In fairness a part of the old WGT still exists, and we got a great new course in CB.  

Looking at those stats quick which part caused the increased interest in the site?  I can't see the new ideas had anything to do with it personally, but rather the part that made the place fantastic to start with..

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 8:34 PM

Jimbog1964:
    Apologies if stated early or clear as a bell and I just don't see it (v likely, LOL), but can we tell if that includes any mobile visitor data.

I don't know if mobile users connect to wgt.com but if they do then the U.S.A. users are included.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 1:18 PM

oilyrag:
    i must have seen the wgt advertisement about 100 times. did it / does it ever get shown on tv in the US ?

Yep, sure does.  Looks nothing like the game lol.  Least not the computer version, haven't tried the mobile thing yet.

Possible subject for the next National Enquirererer,   "the making of the WGT commercials" LOL.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 7:41 AM

Sorry, I'm a bit tardy with the June data, here it is.

Even the U.S. Open couldn't stop a 10% decline from May

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 11:24 AM

andyson:
    Even the U.S. Open couldn't stop a 10% decline from May

Does your data include mobile devices?

RSS