Forums

Help › Forums

Slowing down?

Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:07 PM (95 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2016 2:15 PM

VegasWade:

Here's the mobile and PC data GLOBALLY for the last six months, and it looks fairly consistent to me, give or take a couple of 150k bounces and dips.

https://www.similarweb.com/website/wgt.com

I am not sure that takes into account the players who are playing on the mobile app.  Just seems to indicate people who have visited wgt.com through web and mobile browsers. Seeing the number of players who play on the mobile app and the web game would give a better indication of the health of the game.

- WGTdbloshoe

• VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2016 2:27 PM

Just based on those numbers above, I don't personally think WGT has much to worry about, and your statement indicates the numbers could be higher when adding the mobile app stats. 

Keep up the good work.

(Just a tip for your social media guys. Post more, especially on your Twitter account. 4-5 times a day, at least, and step up Facebook posting as well. With social media, more is usually better.)

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2016 2:40 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

VegasWade:

Here's the mobile and PC data GLOBALLY for the last six months, and it looks fairly consistent to me, give or take a couple of 150k bounces and dips.

https://www.similarweb.com/website/wgt.com

I am not sure that takes into account the players who are playing on the mobile app.  Just seems to indicate people who have visited wgt.com through web and mobile browsers. Seeing the number of players who play on the mobile app and the web game would give a better indication of the health of the game.

- WGTdbloshoe

Andy and Wade have provided graphs, but surely there must be official tracking done by WGT, given its' their product. What customer based business wouldn't do this?

From personal experience, I can say the number of games being played is down. But my sample size is small and based on anecdotal evidence. I do know that my friends and I play less, because of the technical issues associated with the game. I also think one could safely extrapolate that many players are reducing their playing time for similar reasons. But customers don't have access to the official data collated by the company bean counters.

ct

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2016 10:48 AM

Infinito3010:

Is your data assuming all computers have static IP's

The data is not mine, it comes from compete.com.  But IMO static/dynamic IPs are irrelevant unless you're interested in absolute numbers, which I'm not.  I'm interested in trends.

VegasWade:
    Just based on those numbers above, I don't personally think WGT has much to worry about,

Just to be clear, the site referenced by VegasWade is showing TOTAL VISITS whereas the data on my chart from compete.com is showing UNIQUE U.S. VISITORS.  Quite different values because of that.

That said, the trends on both are similar over the 5 month period from Dec. 2015 to April 2016.  Both are fairly constant (flat).  Here's my chart with April data.  Not any significant change over March data.  Click on the image below for a bigger view.

It's quite presumptuous of VegasWade to say "I don't think WGT has much to worry about." based on 6 months of data.  Unique Visitor data was 3 to 4 times greater in 2012 to 2014 so it would follow Total Visits would have been much higher in prior years.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2016 11:11 AM

It would be interesting to know what volume of traffic this site gets per day, from its members, not first-time visitors.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:07 PM

Infinito3010:

It would be interesting to know what volume of traffic this site gets per day, from its members, not first-time visitors.

The site is 8 yrs old so I'd expect the # of 1st time visitors to be way down from  early years.  Maybe 10%?  IDK for sure.

As far as the volume of traffic WGT gets per day, why not use the total visits per month data from SimilarWeb.com and divide by days in the month?

May total visits = 1,700,000

# days in May = 31

Avg # visits/day = 54,839

That should give you some idea...

(By contrast, Facebook.com, the #1 visited site in the world, got 28.4 Billion visits in May. An average of 916 Million visits per day.  Data from SimilarWeb.com)

RSS