Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:07 PM (95 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 11:41 AM

YankeeJim:

andyson:
    Even the U.S. Open couldn't stop a 10% decline from May

Does your data include mobile devices?

Don't believe it does.  The vast majority of the Mobile users never come to wgt.com.  Some don't even realize it exists.  Kinda funny seeing some of the CS agents having to explain that we have a website that has been active for all these years. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 11:52 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Kinda funny seeing some of the CS agents having to explain that we have a website that has been active for all these years. 

Well unless you're going to forsake this site in lieu of those mobile users, how about pushing the site on the mobile version?

I had occasion to show a new face what WGT was like on my phone today. It was more to explain the idea and show him the HD pics and I couldn't tell him enough times to visit the site, that it was much easier than the phone. 

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 12:02 PM

YankeeJim:

WGTdbloshoe:
    Kinda funny seeing some of the CS agents having to explain that we have a website that has been active for all these years. 

Well unless you're going to forsake this site in lieu of those mobile users, how about pushing the site on the mobile version?

I had occasion to show a new face what WGT was like on my phone today. It was more to explain the idea and show him the HD pics and I couldn't tell him enough times to visit the site, that it was much easier than the phone. 

There are rules when it comes to working with companies like Apple.  There are limits on what we can say and all that.  I can't go into too much detail but,  I was there for the CS meeting when we first released on mobile.  They had to be careful on what was said in responses.

- WGTdbloshoe

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 1:13 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    There are rules when it comes to working with companies like Apple.  There are limits on what we can say and all that.

This is a startling revelation for my naive self. A company that builds a phone platform has say in what the apps can and can't do or say. Did I get that right?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 1:25 PM

Thanks for the replies Shoe!  I don't have a smart phone so I know nothin' 'bout mobile apps.

We do have a cell phone, tho it looks like a walkie talkie used by the army in Korea.  ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 1:29 PM

andyson:
    I don't have a smart phone so I know nothin' 'bout mobile apps.

The whole reason I asked about them was to ask you how that would factor into your graph. If the main site is that unknown to many mobile users and WGT is leaning that way, I would think that's pretty pertinent when you talk about daily hits.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 1:41 PM

YankeeJim:
    he whole reason I asked about them was to ask you how that would factor into your graph.

I wouldn't differentiate a mobile visit to wgt.com from a PC visit to wgt.com.  They visit, they get counted.  To post on the forum like B2B does from his phone they need to go to wgt.com so its a Unique Visitor.  If you visit from two computers with different  IP addresses you'll be counted twice.  That's in the fine print on the graph.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 1:47 PM

andyson:
    I wouldn't differentiate a mobile visit to wgt.com from a PC visit to wgt.com.

I'm confused or don't understand the unique visitor. Isn't the entire exercise pointed at how WGT's numbers are diminishing? Excluding mobile use doesn't make sense or are you saying they are already included? I'm not looking for specific numbers, just if they are included.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 2:06 PM

Its pointed at how WGT's website traffic is trending.  It was the cash cow that allowed the mobile development.  Can mobile support the website now?  If the website shuts down no more AS, no more VUSO, lots of disappointed members.

Mobile users who visit wgt.com would be counted as they access it over the internet.  As Shoe implied tho, playing the mobile game on a phone doesn't connect to wgt.com.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 2:31 PM

andyson:

Its pointed at how WGT's website traffic is trending.  It was the cash cow that allowed the mobile development.  Can mobile support the website now?  If the website shuts down no more AS, no more VUSO, lots of disappointed members.

Mobile users who visit wgt.com would be counted as they access it over the internet.  As Shoe implied tho, playing the mobile game on a phone doesn't connect to wgt.com.

Website isn't going anywhere at least not anytime soon, way too many benefits to having the website.

- WGTdbloshoe

RSS