Forums

Help › Forums

Slowing down?

Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:07 PM (95 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 3:28 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Website isn't going anywhere at least not anytime soon, way too many benefits to having the website.

Translation: Money.   LOL   ;-)

• laxster
    4 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 4:15 PM

Yep it is here to stay for awhile... but starting to see some cracks in their program. Name a business or historical leader that had  great success, gained hubris, and ended up losing out to a better concept, strategy or product...because they thought they knew better. They have it- too short-term money hungry and unwilling to do what is right for the customer base. Looking forward to the next new and improved WGT. Keep your focus on customer satisfaction and you will win in the end...until you get too cocky too. HISTORY always proves true

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 4:50 PM

YankeeJim:
    Translation: Money.   LOL   ;-)

Ouch ! Jim, why don't you say what you mean ?

Doc :)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 7:17 AM

Here's the data since June.   Unique US visitors is down 37% since June and running around half of what it was last year.

Waiting for Pebble Beach........

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 7:39 AM

laxster:

Yep it is here to stay for awhile... but starting to see some cracks in their program. Name a business or historical leader that had  great success, gained hubris, and ended up losing out to a better concept, strategy or product...because they thought they knew better. They have it- too short-term money hungry and unwilling to do what is right for the customer base. Looking forward to the next new and improved WGT. Keep your focus on customer satisfaction and you will win in the end...until you get too cocky too. HISTORY always proves true

Blackberry comes to mind....a Canuck company that was once King...stayed static and now barely surviving.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 10:02 AM

Interesting stuff.

The mobile game play I can't see coming to the rescue any time soon.  No data from me on it, but it's my feel.

I still wish them well as fundamentally still a superb product, but they need to up their game on the basics.  Grubbing around with that debacle called the clash looks plain desperate, and looking at those figures maybe it is exactly that.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 10:13 AM

andyson:

Here's the data since June.   Unique US visitors is down 37% since June and running around half of what it was last year.

Waiting for Pebble Beach........

Andy, is there anyway to find data for WGT Mobile? For past months up to current? 

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 10:48 AM

Jimbog1964:

I still wish them well as fundamentally still a superb product, but they need to up their game on the basics.  Grubbing around with that debacle called the clash looks plain desperate, and looking at those figures maybe it is exactly that.

Agree with all of this. I'm astounded that WGT has allowed the efforts of a fantastic group of technical folks to be largely laid to waste through poor product management. WGT wouldn't need new ways to monetize if they'd make some effort to keep their core of everyday players happy. Adequate QA would go a long way. Unfortunately, WGT just doesn't get it.

A new product management team that focuses on playability first and new features second is desperately needed.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 11:10 AM

The one thing which Im surprised at is that WGT hasnt created a version of the website which flips the login format when detecting a non-flash friendly browser in use on a tablet.

Puffin on iPad works well, ive even played the game with it. Not as nice as the app, but playable.

Being able to manage your account from the website is much better say when it comes to buying credits with various payment methods - some dont function well on their mobile versions.

One question, why is there no restart option on the mobile app? Kinda of a pain to quit, return to main menu.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 11:14 AM

"WGT wouldn't need new ways to monetize if they'd make some effort to keep their core of everyday players happy...."

I agree with everything said here...but, the fact remains that WGT knows it's the only legitimate platform for on-line golf....whether the players are happy or not. Without any real competition to push them, they know that we either put up, or leave the site....to do what?...join a bowling site?

To use my Blackberry example again, they took their position as #1 in the marketplace (and their customers) for granted, and were eventually overtaken by competition (WGT doesn't really have any)....Blackberry then had no choice but to address the problems to win back customer support....obvious things they should have been doing all along, ... invest money to develop a better product(s), listen to customers complaints and suggestions, improve customer service, etc. 

RSS