Forums

Help › Forums

Slowing down?

Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:07 PM (95 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 4:49 AM

Who feel this is happening. 2 part question; Is / has the activity in the community slowed down? and has WGT given us any reason to think they are still growing in number of NEW players (not multi accounts) who stay and play long enough to advance to a "Legend" tier ?

Just wonder if one day soon we will log in only to see "Be right back. Closed for repairs,,,,,indefinitely". Or, will we eventual pay a yearly maintenance fee to be a member of the community?

I just think things are slowing down to a crawl. Just some thoughts,,,

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 8:30 AM

overtheedge:

..... Just some thoughts,,,

What's the sound? Sounds like the herd coming to sh*t all over your post/thread.. LOL

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 11:55 AM

overtheedge:
    Is / has the activity in the community slowed down?

I'll say yes, activity has slowed down.  I've been recording WGT traffic data since 2011.  The traffic data is from the website https://siteanalytics.compete.com .  Note the data is for U.S. traffic ONLY.

According to compete.com, US unique visitors to wgt.com is down 36% in Oct. 2014 compared to Oct. 2013.  There were 509,000 unique US visitors in Oct. 2012 but last month there were 324,000 unique US visitors to wgt.com.  Read the details on the chart below by clicking the image for a larger view.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 1:01 PM

andyson thanks for the info'; I've no knowledge of this stuff, I just had a look at your graph.

It looks to me to show numbers down on last year but the numbers for the last month greatly exaggerate this. The difference in October is massive but looking at September there is little difference and in August the numbers are higher this year.

WGT will be hoping for a sharp rise in January as there has been in the last two years. 

There may be reasons for some of the peaks and troughs connected to offers (free rentals etc), or something as simple as nine or ten weekend days in a particular month.

I'm not going to go through it in enough detail to give my uniformed opinion as to what's happening but as I indicated earlier, although it seems fair to compare the last completed month, I think the 36% drop this month is very misleading.   

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 2:03 PM

dedBuNNy:
    What's the sound? Sounds like the herd coming to sh*t all over your post/thread.. LOL

Whaaat? My goodness. I don't think so deadrabbit,,freaking looosa',,,,

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 2:05 PM

andyson:

overtheedge:
    Is / has the activity in the community slowed down?

I'll say yes, activity has slowed down.  I've been recording WGT traffic data since 2011.  The traffic data is from the website https://siteanalytics.compete.com .  Note the data is for U.S. traffic ONLY.

According to compete.com, US unique visitors to wgt.com is down 36% in Oct. 2014 compared to Oct. 2013.  There were 509,000 unique US visitors in Oct. 2012 but last month there were 324,000 unique US visitors to wgt.com.  Read the details on the chart below by clicking the image for a larger view.

Wow!

Thanks Andy. Comparing to a graph you did a while back, things have slowed down A LOT. As always, thanks again Andy.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 2:31 PM

Very, very interesting. But not disturbing. I see enough to be comfortable as I log on. Thanks Andy ! ;-}

However, If I was running Golf Channel, I wouldn't have an ulcer, but you can bet I'd be giving them. ~ SP ~

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 2:42 PM

Guess WGT will see as a good reason to bring out some new 1000cr balls.

Glad though it's in a decline. Hopefully WGT will bring in some meaningful measures to try & slow down, then stop the down slide.

But I guess WGT will see it just as another excuse to bring out some more ultra expensive equipment, to bring the already very low scores even lower.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 3:03 PM

OP, for info type the first 4 letters of your profile name into player search and see all the inactive players, you will be surprised at result but your not the only one, anyone doing this will be surprised . I featured this in prev posts, WGT claim millions play but im afraid not, members yes, active players a big no.

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 3:30 PM

Hi

I would love to see WGT bring out some new equipment. It would be fun :-).  I really don't think it would

bring the already very low scores even lower.  But I could be wrong!

Have a nice day!

Agassi1991

RSS