Forums

Help › Forums

Slowing down?

Thu, Jun 9 2016 2:07 PM (95 replies)
  • ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Dec 23 2014 8:47 PM

Wow.. That's very illuminating IMO.  With the addition of the November numbers, looks like the bottom's about to fall out.

Don't jump Icon!!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 2:19 PM

Hey!  I saw a WGT 30 second ad on TV this morning!  1st TV ad I've seen in a long time. I last recall seeing a WGT ad on TV years ago (2011?) during a U.S. Open broadcast.  This morning's ad was on our local Fox Sports Net channel and it was a new ad that mentioned Bandon Dunes.

That made me think to look if December's traffic data was available.

It was and here's the update.

There was a small increase in the number of unique U.S. visitors to WGT in December (+35K) but still down 40% from December 2013.  TBH I was expecting a bigger turnaround considering the introduction of a new course at the beginning of the month.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 8:50 PM

The game is definitely in it's decline. That's what happens when you continue to bring up the prices on your product while not improving your game whatsoever!

WGT was at it's best when you had only callaway balls and the g10 irons. They decided to go down a certain path, and that path was a very short sided one.

You reap what you sow wgt aka Chad. You looked at the short term monitary money versus a long term venture. 

The game will be dead  2 years from now. Mark my words.  Time to start looking for a different golf game folks. And things are looking promising.

AB

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 12:30 AM

Fundamentally this game remains a superb platform IMO.  I have said that for ages and see no reason to change that view.  I think it has every chance of competing well into the future too.

BUT and probably again:

Communication

I am sure the mods have their hands tied way too much here

A/S especially

Fix it quick and through resources at it to keep it fixed

CC Upgrades

Oh the wheels turn slow

L100 Irons

Nice extra choice.  Trouble is why lose good players with a levels system out for the count long before then? Surely WGT is also cutting out the people that might push CCs doing this.

Courses

Going to look too few v soon

Fast $ schemes

Well OK IF extra choice, but not when it's the only go to.  

Some basics in there that just get left, and that serves no good purpose.

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 7:00 PM

i Disagree with you Brown123, totally incorrect in your assertions that this game is hitting the pits. Its rocks man. BOOM!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 8:50 AM

I'm a couple weeks late with the January data, probably should clear my caches and try another browser.....

Typically January shows an uptick from the holidays "slump", but this January saw a small decrease in U.S. visitors.  And even more apparent, the drop from a 4 year high of 602K last January to 251K this past January.  

The "We Miss You, Come Back and Get a Sleeve of Balls" campaign ain't workin'.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 9:22 AM

andyson:
    And even more apparent, the drop from a 4 year high of 602K last January to 251K this past January.

Any idea what the break point for the game is? I realize financial data isn't available but would you have an educated guess?

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 9:36 AM

Why don't you ask WGT that question Jim ... they're the people with the data and the purse.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 9:43 AM

YankeeJim:

andyson:
    And even more apparent, the drop from a 4 year high of 602K last January to 251K this past January.

Any idea what the break point for the game is? I realize financial data isn't available but would you have an educated guess?

Don't know about the break point, but it looks to me like the emphasis now is on the mobile app.  It'll be too bad if they leave the web game withering on the vine.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 10:05 AM

donsprintr:

Why don't you ask WGT that question Jim ... they're the people with the data and the purse.

Lol Don, WGT would never comment on the issue, whether is good or bad. The do not want to scare customers away or make us see how successfully business are running.

Eric

RSS