Help › Forums

Statement from ANCC owner

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 6 2014 12:57 PM (163 replies)
  • ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 8:09 PM

MichaelStroke:
    Was I wrong about "most break shots wins" and was it really just "club who uses the most passes wins"?

My point exactly. I think most of us were just doing the best we could with the lack of information or rules we had to go on. In fact, that's the 1st I even heard that break shots even came into play, much less may have been the main goal for the players. I also figured that using the passes was the way to go as far as scoring higher,

Nice work, wgt.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 8:09 PM

mkrizan86:

bigseanbig:
    It's a matter of sematics.  He found the loophole by accident, then he exploited it by playing the BoP which is obvious

bigseanbig:

bigseanbig:
    he told me  that he read somewhere in the points system that ctth would give more points (if you can get the ball close) plus it would be faster to do ctth.  First he tried valhalla ctth and found that it gave him points with a pass. 

Well, judging by the latter, there's no semantics issues here. He didn't find the loophole, he was looking for it, there is a difference (not just semantics).

But I hear what you're saying and am not attacking you. I fully understand there were others exploiting the same thing, I just don't know who they were. Your guy(s) were obviously better at it, thus you're getting the brunt of the critique from the community. And I don't think you personally would be under any attack if you didn't come into the other thread with your first post. That rubbed the people the wrong way, I'm sure you can understand why. And I think the criticism came mostly from golfers, not gamers. And golfers hate anyone trying to improve their lie ;-)

Edit: Well, I poked around a bit to see who else used this loophole and found this 1 fairly quickly. I'm sure there were others, but it's almost 4 am here and time for bed.

leaderboard.aspx?id=20cbc3f5b50f4039a8fea3bf015b04b2

I suppose the the three entered but didn't play fell on a guilt trip LOL!

• JordzNZ
    75 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 8:10 PM

In the end, you/your club knew you were cheating, About the putter i dont give a monkeys uncle, What i do care about is other members in my club using THEIR money and honest approach to compete against your club. But no point going on about that cause neither your club nor WGT care that you effectively stole money from every player on this site that purchased passes.  

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 8:45 PM

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 9:21 PM

TopShelf2010:

CerinoDevoti:

bigseanbig:

..... Obviously from my previous post (CC vs CC thread) I don’t care what anyone in the forum thinks. 

found no reason to read beyond this^

While at first this was my initial reaction. I will say thank you for stepping up and owning the situation.

Bygones

Not here, our club is built on, Honor, Integrity and Respect. if a member had approached me with a loophole they would have been kicked out on the spot, plain and simple! Case Closed

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 10:49 PM

Augusta now is a wall of shame CC i used to have respect for you BS but you get 0 respect now as you condone and join in whole heartedly with other cheaters, sorry but in my eyes you and your whole CC are nothing more the 

'S lmao

• KoVaCH
    958 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 11:24 PM

So, did the winner leave the CC at the end? If so, you couldn't make that scenario up - someone joins a CC, convince the CC to participate in his scheme, wins the putter, CC shamed all over WGT, guy then leaves the club... all of that in 4 days.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 12:02 AM

TopShelf2010:

CerinoDevoti:

bigseanbig:

..... Obviously from my previous post (CC vs CC thread) I don’t care what anyone in the forum thinks. 

found no reason to read beyond this^

While at first this was my initial reaction. I will say thank you for stepping up and owning the situation.

Agree with this, but WGT should remove the offending item of equipment, which was not earned playing the clash.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 12:50 AM

zagraniczniak:
    but WGT should remove the offending item of equipment, which was not earned playing the clash.

Yep

Also said it before but this is very sad.  BigS was involved in a stuff up being the owner.  Never knew but wears some of it by way of being the owner.  The "winner" should be here apologising, but so should anyone who broke the etiquette and frankly all that technicality stuff ...well WGT at least should be ashamed of themselves calling that.

We do not have every detail and IMO time to just say heard ya now make sure you learn a great big lesson.  

The individual that has it should be apologising to those he stole from.  Maybe he never thought of it like that but been here long enough and not dumb, and how could anyone not know but.......

And once again (last time here) WGT delete all this gold candy crush meets sonic crap delivered or still just sullying a shelf.  Roll this crap out again and you will be down to zero integrity if not already as it stands.  Do what you were great at - golf.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 1:25 AM

Well, the cheaters win it all. And in this case a cheater won a golden cheat created by WGT. Or has anyone ever seen in real golf a putter that is double as good than all other putters on the market? This whole game becomes more and more bizarre.

RSS