Statement from ANCC owner

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 6 2014 12:57 PM (163 replies)
  • OopsieMcDuff
    22 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 7:20 PM

FarFoo:

My 10c

I think more or less any club with 250 members would have guys that would use a bug like this, and as you say others did, I'm sure that's right. I can just imagine the conversation in the middle of what was a very rushed 24hr points scramble. " Hey guys i just played BoP & it racked up my score in the clash... woah...lets go...etc etc.."

Then you clearly don't know anybody in our club  -- though we do not have 250 members.

Jack

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 7:23 PM

Sean.....

Just leave it alone at this point.............  You did the admirable and honest thing with your post and actions regarding the CC.  It's obvious it really makes no difference, therefore no further explanation necessary.

A programming flaw was exposed, someone (possibly many) exploited the situation, you "manned up" gave an honest account and took appropriate action for your CC.....  end of story.   You can't bear burden for each and every persons action in your CC.......  That's equivalent to holding every CC Owner accountable for any activities or their members.  FFS, there was a "pop up" weeks ago regarding a cheat program and numerous over-lay. cheat programs posted by members on You Tube. Should we seek and hold their CC Owners accountable?

Golden Putter???   Ohhhh......wow.......  ahhhhhh.   Who cares? The fella got what he set out to get...... end of story.   That's on him......  not you or anyone else.   Does it matter..... really?

Think about it folks.....  take the likes of premier players such as  FMagnets, DansAmCam, Sebicu, JJ, BolloxInBruges...etc tc etc.... you think they got to their level with a frkn Golden putter?  I should think not.......personal goals, skill, practice and dedication is what these people represent...... they shoot what they want, when they want.... no golden putter necessary.

I wish I had a credit for each time I heard a WGT rant.....  VEM this, VEM that......ripping me off,  balls too expensive, tier unfair, promotes sandbaggers, I hate this game, Quitting soon as my balls run out.......  etc. etc..etc.  It's always the same...... pissing and moaning but still gripping and ripping everyday.  I'm pretty sure If I had a cred for each rant, I could buy the entire WGT community a brand spankin' new "Golden Putter"

Regardless of what's said about WGT......  it's still the best "Free" simulated golf game period. Sure , they have issues..... but It's difficult for me to think of another company that does not.  And yes folks...... it is free. You certainly don't have to purchase premium clubs, balls or any other equipment..... those purchases are by choice. You are more than welcome to swing those "bricks duct taped to broom sticks" and slap around those "house eggs" all day....  your choice.

I see all this "Gaming Commission", and law suit, etc etc... crap!!  Why? Was the $5.00 dollars lost in the "Clash" debacle that financially and emotional devastating?  Here's some news......   If that's the case, a handful of refund credits wont fix your issues....this will take a Psychiatrist

I keep hearing this "WGT Greed" syndrome..... and it's all about the money.  LMFAO....  Wake up friends......... What's NOT about the money?  WGT provides a network, servers, bandwitdh, engineering , customer service... etc etc...  They provide weekly, monthly, annual tournaments, charge you NOTHING to participate yet they award prizes. I think it's just grand that several want to "take action"...... "make the dirty bastages pay"....  do it!   What's the fallout? Simple.... you sign on tomorrow morning and the first announcement you see reads as follows: WGT Premium, The most realistic virtual golf experience.. starting next month for $14.99 / month.   Of course you don't have to join or pay......you can invite all your friends over to your mom's basement, fire up the Nintendo, and get "buck wild" with some old style Tiger Woods Golf.

Friends..............It's Just a Game.  It's a great place to make and mingle with friends, have some fun, relax, and take some enjoyment......

Sean, my friend, let it be done...... it's over. You've done the honorable thing.........now let's go tee it up................. 

Danny

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 7:29 PM

joewaters:
    I spent $$ on passes as well, who is going to refund me ?

Well that and the time from genuine people like yourself is the disgusting part, and WGT NEED to focus on that and do something........I can only state what is right, and rest up to them.

All the gold putters should also be taken back, and the rest of the gold stuff WD (WGT can sort out refunds where due).  A huge apology from WGT should then follow, state a better way forward maybe and get this monumental debacle behind and get back to golf.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 7:31 PM

mkrizan86:
    He didn't find the loophole, he was looking for it,

I agree. Why would anyone play courses outside of the courses set out by the rules. Unless they were looking for a way to cheat the tournament to win the golden putter..

• joewaters
    258 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 7:36 PM

That 'putter' was gifted to him, no sign of him buying it.

WTF is going on.

WGT staff helping themselves and playing competitively with the community.

We are just pi$$ing in the wind.

-Joe-

• xiagu
    13 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 7:45 PM

joewaters:

I spent $$ on passes as well, who is going to refund me ?

-Joe-

You spend absolute zero money on passes according to your activity history.  You're trying to gain money out of this event?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 7:48 PM

Ladies and Gents...I'll say one thing on this matter, and I know a few other casual and hardcore RG players will attest too.

How do I say this gently?

Well, BigSeanBig was take in...plain and simple.

How do I know this?

Well, I ain't as dumb as I look.

Get off Sean's azz about this (and no, I've never played with him, spoke with him, etc...), many of us involved in the "circuit" of tourney's here at WGT, see many things that are not quite right,,,no idea of what BSB's earnings are, but gonna guess less than mine...and many others...what many of you non credit tourney playing folks don't know, is we who play them casually or hardcore, watch the leader boards all the time.

My opinion, is Sean was exploited.

And maybe a friend of mine will call a Doctor soon;)

Nuff said.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 8:01 PM

Can someone explain to me how a BoP can get you points?  My understanding of the event was basically what club could accumulate the most birdies/eagles.  You can't get birdies or eagles on blitz/CTTH games.

Was I wrong about "most break shots wins" and was it really just "club who uses the most passes wins"?

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 8:04 PM

Only comments I have about this whole deal is that wgt screwed the pooch big time. If the CC VS CC thing was advertised I didn't see anything. The 1st I did see was the day of and had very little description.

This, IMO, seems to be wgt's biggest problem. Maybe it's trying to keep players happier, but whatever the reason, too often have I seen things get rolled out that are not ready to be. A cool CC V CC Tourney, that probably was an attempt to not be shown up by the players who set up the fantastic Tournament taking place now, totally ruined, confusing, and now this.

Again, IMO, and without knowing all of the details, I say whomever won the gold putter should enjoy the heck out of it, because I can't fault them for acting on what they read on how to score higher in a tourney that was thrown together, barely announced, and where I saw no info on things that were considered 'cheating'.

I assign no blame to the engineer's or those just doing their jobs, but wgt decision makers blew this big time.

• Kaloke
    232 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 8:08 PM

bigseanbig:

This will probably be the last long winded statement I make in the forums.  Obviously from my previous post (CC vs CC thread) I don’t care what anyone in the forum thinks.  That said I’ll admit I was a bit reactive and could have approached it differently.  This is neither a list of excuses nor is it a apology.  I just want to tell it how it is from my perspective.

The Clash event started and our club was in the top 2 with mostly people using free passes. Another WGT player which I knew previously joined my club on the 2nd day of the clash because he wanted to help us win and to get the golden putter, which is what a lot of people wanted. He got a group of club members together and used and gifted passes and quickly got us to first place the normal way (check the score history before the 59 rounds of BoP). Then by accident he found a way to do BoP and get points faster and this was actually posted in the public forums as “a easy way to get clash points” but has since been deleted.

Isn’t this obviously cheating? Yes, in hindsight it is cheating but it’s very easy to fall into a trap especially when everything is focused on the ultimate prize.  Here is a statement from another CC owner that was posted in another forum thread:

“Two players in our CC found the loophole, and thought it was good to go, even posting a message on our Board, telling the rest of us what to do.

And I'll tell it like it happened, bug/dishonesty didn't come to mind. I tried to get what they got going, it was big points, and didn't understand the posted instruction.

OK, it was a bug.

Yes, a ridiculously expensive, multi-millionare ONLY putter was up for grabs, hence some of the heated/disappointed emotion being vented here....”

I know of more than a few other clubs that also used the loophole and it would be a good time for the owners of the clubs to own up to it here and come clean even if you didn’t get the golden putter.

I found out we won when the WGTadmin messaged right after the event asking who to give the putter to and I told him to give it to the member mentioned above because he bought/gifted the most passes and got the most points for us. I had to study, so I didn’t participate in the event let alone read any of the rules and regulations.  I knew about a “glitch/bug” we used from seeing it in our cc forums but didn’t think much of it. It wasn’t until later I realized this is cheating and talked to the player above about returning the putter which he said he “can return it because we could have won without the BoP and he wanted to help us win another putter the right way next time anyways”.  I emailed WGT about this and all the other problems with the CC clash and believe it or not the only response was “Hey Sean, We placed the putter in (his) inventory. Congrats on the win. WGT”.

It didn’t matter anyways because after the player mentioned above saw what was being written about him in the forums, he “had a hard time giving it back after all these *** said about it would hurt me to do that”. I told him he could keep the putter since that was his decision but he would have to leave the club.

In the end, there were no winners and I would like to apologize to everyone that participated especially to the Eagles Club for what happened (who in all honesty was the only club that had a real chance of winning the event). That’s all I have to say. If you have any questions or criticisms please message me privately first.

Thank you Sean for this statement. A lot better than your initial post in the other thread. We accept your apology. I know I should have kept my cool and could have approached it better than I did with my comment to your initial post. I will not explain my actions for my post but I did it because my CC members mean a lot to me and I just had to make my thoughts known.

Let's tee it up and clear the air over this and stop beating a dead horse. As far as I am concerned, it is over, done with and we need to just move on and play some virtual golf.

RSS