• bigseanbig
    511 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 5:40 PM

mkrizan86:

bigseanbig:

ZioMio:

What I see as troubling is ...

bigseanbig:
    Another WGT player which I knew previously joined my club on the 2nd day of the clash because he wanted to help us win and to get the golden putter

To me it appears he knew there was something to exploit. In order to have a shot at the golden putter, he needed a CC first. So he joins yours and starts

bigseanbig:
    He got a group of club members together and used and gifted passes
    . And low and behold 
    bigseanbig:
    he found a way to do BoP and get points faster
    His plan in full effect.

This is just my opinion from after the facts came out.

Could be, but I assumed he joined my club because I sent him a invite awhile back  before the cc clash was even invented. He and another member found the loophole almost simultaneously.  One posted to do best of par 5 to get more eagles and he posted to do best of putting. They decided to do best of putting

Could be? Fully agreeing with Zio here. How exactly did C. accidentally find this loop hole? He just decided to play BOP in the middle of the clash (not sure why), buy and burn a CC pass and then, when he went back to the clash scores, saw his scores went up?

C'mon man. Are you that gullible? Or do you think we are?

Many people used the loophole to do par 5s, not just people in my club and i won't name them here. So that bug was very easy to find.  I had the same question because I was curious too why he would waste a pass on a ctth, and he told me  that he read somewhere in the points system that ctth would give more points (if you can get the ball close) than doing par 5s and plus it would be faster to do ctth.  First he tried valhalla ctth and found that it gave him points with a pass.  Then he thought he could get the ball really close each time with best of putting and tried that and low and behold it worked. Before he played valhalla and BoP he was playing normal 9 holes at the designated courses for the CC Clash. What he told me is consistent with his score history if you want to go verify.  I really don't see how else he could have found out about it unless he was tipped off by a WGT engineer or had prior knowledge there was going to be bugs in the CC clash event and was actively searching for them. If you don't believe me that's fine but like I said i got nothing to hide and I'm telling it as it is.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 5:57 PM

bigseanbig:
    I had the same question because I was curious too why he would waste a pass on a ctth, and he told me  that he read somewhere in the points system that ctth would give more points (if you can get the ball close) than doing par 5s and plus it would be faster to do ctth.  First he tried valhalla ctth and found that it gave him points with a pass.  Then he thought he could get the ball really close each time with best of putting and tried that and low and behold it worked. Before he played valhalla and BoP he was playing normal 9 holes at the designated courses for the CC Clash

Well, in your first post you wrote, he found this out by accident, now you write he intentionally tried it to see if it worked. Now that I believe. And I think it's wrong. Because of the part I highlighted. No matter how you go about it, your guys played courses outside the designated ones, so they in effect did not play the same tourney the rest of the people did. The fact that people from other CCs did it as well does not make it any less wrong, unsportsmanlike and despicable.

• 1yes1no
    223 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 5:58 PM

Why post a "let me explain" non-apology when it and previous posts are incongruent?  Why introduce an anomaly into the paradox explanation of honest cheating?  It doesn't really serve a purpose of redemption after a previous inflammatory post. 

If doing damage control one should get out in front of the controversy, but being a little late for contrition, one should have stepped up with the 3D method, delay, deny, defend.  Let everyone eat silence for a few days, after that deny anything and everything, and then defend the position if it goes to court.  It's business.

I don't know if anyone received anything of value from the player who joined the club in pursuit of the golden calf, sorry, I meant putter, but his actions brought the club owner and WGT into a situation of disrepute.  More than that it exposed WGT to possible inquiry from the FTC or other agencies that protect consumer in online commerce.  In doing so the cheating player who profited in obtaining the club worth 400,000 credits which I guess could be sold for 100,000 credits which would enable him to gift quite a lot of balls and equipment to other players, may become liable to WGT for losses to them.

Real life can be such a bummer.  It's so much easier to study, go out drinking, or play basketball.  Consider the professional 3D approach I presented above.  When one considers the ramifications of paragraph three above, it might be a much better approach.

• bigseanbig
    511 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 6:12 PM

mkrizan86:

bigseanbig:
    I had the same question because I was curious too why he would waste a pass on a ctth, and he told me  that he read somewhere in the points system that ctth would give more points (if you can get the ball close) than doing par 5s and plus it would be faster to do ctth.  First he tried valhalla ctth and found that it gave him points with a pass.  Then he thought he could get the ball really close each time with best of putting and tried that and low and behold it worked. Before he played valhalla and BoP he was playing normal 9 holes at the designated courses for the CC Clash

Well, in your first post you wrote, he found this out by accident, now you write he intentionally tried it to see if it worked. Now that I believe. And I think it's wrong. Because of the part I highlighted. No matter how you go about it, your guys played courses outside the designated ones, so they in effect did not play the same tourney the rest of the people did. The fact that people from other CCs did it as well does not make it any less wrong, unsportsmanlike and despicable.

Thus, I am apologizing for what my members did.  Do you see anyone other owner apologizing for this? Maybe go talk to them.

It's a matter of sematics.  He found the loophole by accident, then he exploited it by playing the BoP which is obvious.  Same thing as other people in clubs that found the loophole by accident and exploited it by playing best of par 5.  What do you want to happen? Have everyone that played best of par 5 quit their club?  I kicked him because he wouldn't return the putter. No one else had anything to gain.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 6:36 PM

bigseanbig:
    It's a matter of sematics.  He found the loophole by accident, then he exploited it by playing the BoP which is obvious

bigseanbig:

bigseanbig:
    he told me  that he read somewhere in the points system that ctth would give more points (if you can get the ball close) plus it would be faster to do ctth.  First he tried valhalla ctth and found that it gave him points with a pass. 

Well, judging by the latter, there's no semantics issues here. He didn't find the loophole, he was looking for it, there is a difference (not just semantics).

But I hear what you're saying and am not attacking you. I fully understand there were others exploiting the same thing, I just don't know who they were. Your guy(s) were obviously better at it, thus you're getting the brunt of the critique from the community. And I don't think you personally would be under any attack if you didn't come into the other thread with your first post. That rubbed the people the wrong way, I'm sure you can understand why. And I think the criticism came mostly from golfers, not gamers. And golfers hate anyone trying to improve their lie ;-)

Edit: Well, I poked around a bit to see who else used this loophole and found this 1 fairly quickly. I'm sure there were others, but it's almost 4 am here and time for bed.

leaderboard.aspx?id=20cbc3f5b50f4039a8fea3bf015b04b2

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 6:47 PM

Look for my part I am reading this, and find it all v sad.

There are at least a few lessons to be learned here.  The owner regrets the situation, and like I say big lessons.  Not wishing to sound condescending, but if I never got a second chance more than once in my longer time this earth I would stuffed:)....If it's the worst thing that happens in the next 5 years he will doing just fine, but in the nicest possible way mate take it all on board.  

There were others I am sure that are keeping v quiet wishing this would all go away - owners and members alike....

JMHO but now time to move on from this part, and eagerly anticipate the announcement from the arsonists that really caused all this namely, "WGT". Hopefully any more golden crap is being melted down, and turned in to something more useful than clubs that serve no good purpose on a golf website.

EDIT: I am telling you straight WGT that IMO this whole idea is massively flawed in very serious way.  Develop the great platform you still have, not destroy it.

• thesnakeyes
    892 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 6:55 PM

excuse me but i see the horse has bolted can someone please close the stable door

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 7:03 PM

bigseanbig:

mkrizan86:

bigseanbig:

Thus, I am apologizing for what my members did.  Do you see anyone other owner apologizing for this? Maybe go talk to them.

It's a matter of sematics.  He found the loophole by accident, then he exploited it by playing the BoP which is obvious.  Same thing as other people in clubs that found the loophole by accident and exploited it by playing best of par 5.  What do you want to happen? Have everyone that played best of par 5 quit their club?  I kicked him because he wouldn't return the putter. No one else had anything to gain.

sean sounds like my little girls  when I catch them lieing to me ......  carefull sean  your nose is going grow

• joewaters
    258 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 7:12 PM

I played this clash, but it was all a blur as one realised it was more about playing often than playing well. So initially I was top points score with around 163, quite chuffed I was, and my club was narrowly ahead most of the way.

Then at the very end we lost to a sudden surge from our opponents, very strange how we fell behind so massively.

The 35 players listed above should hang their heads in shame.

I spent $$$ on passes as well, who is going to refund me ?

-Joe-

• 1yes1no
    223 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 7:17 PM

Jimbog1964:
    Hopefully any more golden crap is being melted down, and turned in to something more useful than clubs that serve no good purpose on a golf website

Whistling in the graveyard I believe.  Counting the person who got the "clash" putter, I have found three people with it.  One played the featured Twitch match today and watching the playback I can see that the putter is better than we have been led by some to believe.  If gamers keep this up, golfers like me will leave the game.  Integrity is very much the tradition of golf, and without it, this online semblance will be just a farce, facade, bastardization of the real life game.

RSS