Help › Forums

Statement from ANCC owner

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 6 2014 12:57 PM (163 replies)
  • ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 1:33 AM

KoVaCH:

So, did the winner leave the CC at the end? If so, you couldn't make that scenario up - someone joins a CC, convince the CC to participate in his scheme, wins the putter, CC shamed all over WGT, guy then leaves the club... all of that in 4 days.

I think that about sums it up..  Sad, really..

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 2:12 AM
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 4:00 AM

Golf is a self-policing game (or is supposed to be) and integrity is a part of it. Obviously WGT golf is not the same game as real golf. Gamers know that there can be flaws and Easter Eggs and do look for ways to "game" their games. As WGT golfers we now realize that "integrity" has no place here and should be taken out of our vocabulary just as the Heisman Trophy winner no longer has to be concerned about integrity.

• happyman123uk
    1,242 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 4:27 AM

well now the results I for 1 will check some other clubs out and name and shame the ones I find have cheated

Sod them all I said you cheated your club will be named

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 4:32 AM

mkrizan86:

Edit: Well, I poked around a bit to see who else used this loophole and found this 1 fairly quickly. I'm sure there were others, but it's almost 4 am here and time for bed.

leaderboard.aspx?id=20cbc3f5b50f4039a8fea3bf015b04b2

LOL...go figure. Too funny. Who would have ever thought? I like the tournament name.

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 5:03 AM

ShadyShank:

Only comments I have about this whole deal is that wgt screwed the pooch big time. If the CC VS CC thing was advertised I didn't see anything. The 1st I did see was the day of and had very little description.

This, IMO, seems to be wgt's biggest problem. Maybe it's trying to keep players happier, but whatever the reason, too often have I seen things get rolled out that are not ready to be. A cool CC V CC Tourney, that probably was an attempt to not be shown up by the players who set up the fantastic Tournament taking place now, totally ruined, confusing, and now this.

Part right.  WGT do have a nasty habit of rolling upgrades and features out without testing for bugs and in some cases, feasibility.  Do not be fooled into thinking they are doing this to keep us happy though, I doubt that really crossed their mind.  This was all about selfishly making as much dough as possible under the pretense of a CC V CC feature we've been asking for for a long time.

I also don't think they are paying much attention to the CC Grand Prix as they probably don't think that format would be profitable enough for them.  Ironically they are probably earning more in extra balls through that competition than they are in CC Passes now.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 5:07 AM

bigseanbig:
    He and another member found the loophole almost simultaneously.  One posted to do best of par 5 to get more eagles and he posted to do best of putting. They decided to do best of putting

And knowing this YOU condoned it. ANY "CC "OWNER" has even the SLIGHTEST HINT that a "loophole / CHEATING" is evident it is then YOUR responsibility as the OWNER / LEADER of your club to STOP IT DEAD in its tracks. Then REVOKE MEMBERSHIP who is or was involved in this betrayal. Betrayal not only of the community but of YOU, your club and all of its members. 

Either way, the phrase - "FOUND A LOOPHOLE"  is just a cop out for not being called a CHEATER.

What is really sad, sucks actually is that WGT could use a new feature to bring back the camaraderie of the players and some fun competition throughout the WGT community and the CC Clash, if developed and created properly would have done just that. NOW, with all this garbage, who knows! 

With everything that has been said I think we will all agree on 1 thing - WGT is fully responsible and needs to come forward and make this right. 

WGT - If you would have come out immediately after this disastrous turn of events all of this nonsense would be OVER. BUT you chooses to stay SILENT - WHY? WHY do you do this WGT? Or all the "Admins" come in with 1/2 truths, 1/2 explanations, 1/2 apologies. NOTHING EVER FULLY EXPLAINED,,,EVER. EVER! Always a gray cloud. Always has been always will be. I wonder why that is,,,,hmmm.

OVER 1/2 the bickering and arguing between community members I blame on WGT. WGT allow issue like this to remain open  , with 100 different opinions,thoughts, suggestions and ideas then the real garbage starts. Why?  Because WGT ALLOWS IT. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 5:31 AM

CanineSupervisor:

mkrizan86:

Edit: Well, I poked around a bit to see who else used this loophole and found this 1 fairly quickly. I'm sure there were others, but it's almost 4 am here and time for bed.

LOL...go figure. Too funny. Who would have ever thought? I like the tournament name.

Heh. What are the odds that particular CC owner goes with the 3D defense? 

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 5:47 AM

overtheedge:
    ANY "CC "OWNER" has even the SLIGHTEST HINT that a "loophole / CHEATING" is evident it is then YOUR responsibility as the OWNER / LEADER of your club to STOP IT DEAD in its tracks. Then REVOKE MEMBERSHIP who is or was involved in this betrayal. Betrayal not only of the community but of YOU, your club and all of its members. 

overtheedge:
    What is really sad, sucks actually is that WGT could use a new feature to bring back the camaraderie of the players and some fun competition throughout the WGT community and the CC Clash, if developed and created properly would have done just that.

X 2   ; (                    Discouraging to read this thread.

Ace

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:01 AM

mkrizan86:

I find this more disappointing than anything. The name of the Tourney and the Club involved is shameful. This does explain some comments I read in the other thread.

I understand the desire to be #1 but when the means involved are this low, what's the gain? I came to this site for the Golf with a Golf mentality of fair play and integrity above all else. What I'm seeing on an increased basis is nothing but a gamers mentality of cheating above all else to win something of no value at all. I don't know who to blame other than perhaps myself for my own naivety.

RSS