Forums

Help › Forums

Statement from ANCC owner

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 6 2014 12:57 PM (163 replies)
  • ECBonus
    743 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:05 AM

What the owner of the Peoples CC says will be interesting or NOT, 1st and 3rd caught cheaters what a shame, anyone is welcome to look at our records at East Coast and we finished 4th.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:10 AM

ECBonus:

What the owner of the Peoples CC says will be interesting or NOT....

Can't even imagine what that's gonna read like.... Either going to be two words or two thousand.

In the end it, none of this matters.

Like most video games played in MP format online, they eventually succumb to hacks n cheaters. The forums implode with lunacy then shortly after there's no one left around. The owners just let it tear itself apart and die.

WGT is done, that's very evident, they're simply milking it for all it's worth. There isn't an ounce of honesty or integrity where their promotion and management of the game is concerned. There isn't anything new they can introduce at this point that's going to renew interest. What I'm surprised is that they'd do it so sloppy, they could have milked money from the members and still kept most happy and do it again in a couple of months. Instead they blew their load in one shot - I can't imaging anyone here being dense or stupid enough to spend a dime on any 'formatted tourney' they introduce, well I can but.... ya... 

Place is a mess, mission accomplished. Just remember WGT - You did this, everything that goes on in here, with the game and forum? You brought on and set in motion, well you and 'your helpers'. 

But then that's always been part of the business plan, right? I'd answer 'correct' to that question, because the other answer just makes your entire organization look all manner of stupid and grossly incompetent, least this way you get to say 'All went according to ....'

Where the f**k is Apex? 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:12 AM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:16 AM

Isn't this getting past the point of doing any good?  Fact is wgt have said what was done was within the rules, though the morals involved certainly can be questioned.

What they really did was found a way of accumulating points quickly, and it seems others were doing the same just not as successfully.

I have all sorts of doubts about the person with the putter joining for this competition and would doubt a cc putting itself through all this for a few free passes and a bit of "glory", but for the fact that wgt clearly market on something similar.  Anyway this person is not the op.

Wgt need to write there rules better, have a set list of all the ways points can be earned, and perhaps end with something along the lines of "any points gained outside the intended ways will be removed and may result in the team involved being disqualified".

Sean made mistakes and I don't think he dealt with them at all well to begin with, but I reckon he has done all that could reasonably be asked of him (here) since.  

In the words of a (occasionally) wise man, maybe it is time to "Get off Sean's azz about this". 

• FarFoo
    2,917 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:18 AM

I see the 'magic' putter is getting put to good use already, PB in 1000cr RG & takes everyone's credits.

I see the way this game is going & i have some idea's to help out.

'golden balls' only 2000cr per pack. spawns a new multi-account everytime you hit them

bunker troll. turns up randomly when you are in bunker, charges 50cr to get your ball back.

shotgun 5000cr , for shooting bunker troll....... and players that hole out from more than 50yds in MP.
    bullet proof vest ... 5000cr .. so you don't get shot when you hole out from > 50yds

I have lots more ideas, the possibilities are limitless... for free.. maybe change game name also... world of golfcraft.

• tiger319
    1,186 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:19 AM

CerinoDevoti:

mkrizan86:

Edit: Well, I poked around a bit to see who else used this loophole and found this 1 fairly quickly. I'm sure there were others, but it's almost 4 am here and time for bed.

leaderboard.aspx?id=20cbc3f5b50f4039a8fea3bf015b04b2

I find this more disappointing than anything. The name of the Tourney and the Club involved is shameful. This does explain some comments I read in the other thread.

I understand the desire to be #1 but when the means involved are this low, what's the gain? I came to this site for the Golf with a Golf mentality of fair play and integrity above all else. What I'm seeing on an increased basis is nothing but a gamers mentality of cheating above all else to win something of no value at all. I don't know who to blame other than perhaps myself for my own naivety.

X2

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:24 AM

How can WGT justify letting this guy(who cheated)use this putter and play in Ready Goes...Such an unfair advantage to all other players who entered!!

FarFoo:

I see the 'magic' putter is getting put to good use already, PB in 1000cr RG & takes everyone's credits.

I see the way this game is going & i have some idea's to help out.

'golden balls' only 2000cr per pack. spawns a new multi-account everytime you hit them

bunker troll. turns up randomly when you are in bunker, charges 50cr to get your ball back.

shotgun 5000cr , for shooting bunker troll....... and players that hole out from more than 50yds in MP.
    bullet proof vest ... 5000cr .. so you don't get shot when you hole out from > 50yds

I have lots more ideas, the possibilities are limitless... for free.. maybe change game name also... world of golfcraft.

• RyjaTybas
    5,146 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:34 AM

That's facinating PaulTon - yet another bunch of "cheats" or "loopholers".

These teams should all be disqualified.

They broke WGT's express rule (in terms and conditions) about not exploiting discovered bugs - or communicating about them to others.

How WGT can say the result didn't break any rules is hard to fathom.

• roozilla
    630 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:34 AM

mkrizan86:

bigseanbig:
    It's a matter of sematics.  He found the loophole by accident, then he exploited it by playing the BoP which is obvious

bigseanbig:

bigseanbig:
    he told me  that he read somewhere in the points system that ctth would give more points (if you can get the ball close) plus it would be faster to do ctth.  First he tried valhalla ctth and found that it gave him points with a pass. 

Well, judging by the latter, there's no semantics issues here. He didn't find the loophole, he was looking for it, there is a difference (not just semantics).

But I hear what you're saying and am not attacking you. I fully understand there were others exploiting the same thing, I just don't know who they were. Your guy(s) were obviously better at it, thus you're getting the brunt of the critique from the community. And I don't think you personally would be under any attack if you didn't come into the other thread with your first post. That rubbed the people the wrong way, I'm sure you can understand why. And I think the criticism came mostly from golfers, not gamers. And golfers hate anyone trying to improve their lie ;-)

Edit: Well, I poked around a bit to see who else used this loophole and found this 1 fairly quickly. I'm sure there were others, but it's almost 4 am here and time for bed.

leaderboard.aspx?id=20cbc3f5b50f4039a8fea3bf015b04b2

i find it very strange that the owner has not replied to this 

always willing to put her point of view in everything else

SHAME on you all

ROO

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:38 AM

I just hope the decent players / members aren't putting anymore money into credits or buying anything here.

This place won't be online much longer.

RSS