Forums

Help › Forums

New Average Scores

Sun, Sep 2 2018 5:54 PM (136 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 8:20 AM

I see JB. I thought it had to be something out of the ordinary. I just made a fringe putt in the weekly Tour Master, Unlimited 9 hole tournament, watch it in my saved shots. It may not look like it's in the fringe, but you'll actually see the ball drop down off the fringe. The caddy defaulted to the 90 putting scale value too.

For the novice player, using a higher putting scale value means less meter exposed to stutter, or jitter.

There's no better feeling in this game guys, then watching the camera pan back when the putt, or chip is going in, right?   : )

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 8:29 AM

Richard4168:
    There's no better feeling in this game guys, then watching the camera pan back when the putt, or chip is going in, right?   : )

Everybody loves a little premature celebration.

Hundreds of people each day say "YESSSSSS!!!!" even though they're looking through the nosebleed camera and can't even see the ball.

And to think WGT actually spent time programming the view-switch when you sink a chip/pitch.  Whose idea was that anyways?  "You know what would be awesome?  If the camera zoomed out really far when you sank a chip or a pitch."  Seriously... WTF!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 8:40 AM

I enjoy the result of the shot, first and foremost. In addition, WGT has provided various views of the replay. I personally don't view the replay process as a WTF! moment.

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 8:46 AM
    This post is about NEW AVERAGE SCORES. If you wish to complain about putting/chipping/pitching from the fringe, please start a new post.
  • ryankcollins
    23 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 9:12 AM

Even though I am at the Legend tier already, I think this is a good idea and should assist in solving some of the problems people experience.

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 9:33 AM

Can someone tell me waht problem this solves and how?

Sandbagging in MPC - No

Sandbagging in tournaments - Why? How? The biggest sandbaggers, judging by posts do it in MPC anyway

• Rickypro
    559 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 9:41 AM

MJS74:

Can someone tell me waht problem this solves and how?

Sandbagging in MPC - No

Sandbagging in tournaments - Why? How? The biggest sandbaggers, judging by posts do it in MPC anyway

I have never played a MPC so I don't know but can't you look at the stats of the player you are considering playing a match against??

If so, look at them and then decide if you want to play or not.  Problem solved.  I don't think anything that WGT does will stop sandbagging.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 9:54 AM

bigdaddie1:

It appears that it is not anything like what you suggested to them. I was moved to Master last month with a 73.12 average. As of last night when I singed off, I had an average of 72.34.

Like many other players, this morning my average has been lowered to 68.46, and I have yet to play a round. I would expect this is in regard to my three rounds of  -6,  -5  and  -5 last week in CC Tournaments played on standard greens. If the new average scores are based on new tiers with longer tee's, and faster greens, how is this possible. Why should I continue to play rounds with my CC friends if it will advance to a tier I am not ready for?

All players ( except the legends ) will now be prematurely advanced because they have a lucky day now and then, but they will not be able to compete with those who have played that tier since the upgrade.

Its not just on your average you have to play many rounds to advance to the next tier and I assume this number will increase with each new tier reached. So you may reduce your average but not reach legend for a while - which gives you experience and ensures your at the right level.

The views I have expressed in this post assume that WGT has done this update properly and has not messed it up like so many things in this game.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2010 11:28 AM

Since we are back on Topic...here is what WGT could say next.

"Starting on (date) we will shut down the MPC games for 2 weeks.

During this time ALL WGT player averages will be reduced to zero.

Once a player has completed enough rounds within their tier under the "New Average Score System" only then will they achieve an Average for all to see.

Players can still compete in RG's and other Tourneys as usual per their discretion.

Most regular players will see an Average appear rather quickly...the rest should be able to achieve an Average in the 2 weeks.

Thank-you for your patience, this should end most if not all concerns about sandbagging etc.

Enjoy your rounds!"

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 2:59 AM

mohuyu

Its not just on your average you have to play many rounds to advance to the next tier and I assume this number will increase with each new tier reached. So you may reduce your average but not reach legend for a while - which gives you experience and ensures your at the right level.

The views I have expressed in this post assume that WGT has done this update properly and has not messed it up like so many things in this game.

Lol!

Never safe to ASSUME too much as far as wgt's concerned!

If they revealed their plans in total to their players then it would be safe.....

RSS