Help › Forums

New Average Scores

Sun, Sep 2 2018 5:54 PM (136 replies)
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 2:50 PM

jbenny11:

And average to legends means? JB

Still nothing... Same as in real life... Average means nothing on the PGA tour!

I guess it would mean something...when someone turns "Legend" and likes to play MPC games...he/she could better decide which legend to play against...or in CC tourny team play you can match up opponents easier...stuff like that right?

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 2:53 PM

Once again WGT has a new update that NO ONE has asked for.  

The Forum activity has CLEARLY stated more of a concerned about....

THE METER PROBLEM,

THE INCONSISTANT CLUB DISTANCES,

THE FRINGE PUTTING,

HELP WITH ESTABLISHING A TIER SPECIFIC OPTION AT THE COUNTRY CLUBS,

So, yea... thanks for nothing WGT!

Please read the Forums, WGT.... and update the real problems!

What a joke!!!

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 3:32 PM

aceydeucey:

No they have fixed real problems - quitting and potential sandbagging. They just have not fixed all of the proplems.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 3:46 PM

They haven't fixed a thing yet.... the update hasn't come out yet, or if it has, it hasn't shown an affect yet.

Go to the WGT Tournamnets and see those unbelievable scores from the Hacks & Amateurs,,, sandbagging anyone?   LOL!

Why you sticking up for WGT????    These problems affect you too, don't they?

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 3:52 PM

Tell me how sandbagging will be fixed when most sandbaggers rip people off in MPC and MPC scores will still NOT count in the "averages"???????

Exactly how will it stop quitters?  The experience points hasn't?

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 3:57 PM

When I said potential sandbaggers i meant future sandbaggers who play strokes not MPCs. I think the update is already in place. But sadly nothing has changed yet because the quitters dont browse through forums propably because they know everyone is complaining about them. Just know I had all three quit on me.

I believe it will stop quitters in the long term as most are "cherrypickers" and quit after a single bad shot so if there is no increase in avg - no point in quitting.

aceydeucey:

Why you sticking up for WGT????    These problems affect you too, don't they?

And by the way I am definately not sticking up for WGT - I have have lost too many balls and have broken many a mouse playing this glitch filled festival

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 4:51 PM

Acey, the big point is that WGT isn't just sitting around. This is a step in the right direction. We all have been asking for sandbagging to be unlikely.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 5:16 PM

aceydeucey:

A lot of people asked for this fix, and it's a very important fix.

Everyone has to deal with the meter.  Everyone has to deal with fringe putting.  Everyone has to deal with deviations.  Sandbagging, however, creates an unfair advantage, so it ought to be a high priority.

Although I am slightly happy to see these changes, I can't help but notice that it says nothing about any changes that would put an end to MPC sandbagging.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 1:36 AM

I tend to believe this may be just another in the long list of changes that substantially increase profits for wgt.

Everyone trys to get better and to post lower and lower scores "Human nature"

The average person can take a long time to really learn this game (many never will) but once in a while, everybody has that round out of the blue where it all clicks and the putts just keep falling in.

These lucky days will now work in wgt's favor because (similar to real golf) a persons tier will change prematurely forcing new club purchases in a wasted attempt to compete with those already on the new level.

The sandbagging issue will probably be minimized by TM's being promoted to legend which is a step forward but I personally think this is all just another money making scheme thinly disguised as wgt listening to the paying customers.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 2:11 AM

Lets see here...."you can please SOME of the people, SOME of the time,,,,,,but you can't please ALL the people, ALL the time"......

Come on boys and girls, just be happy Master's throwing us a BONE. 

RSS