Forums

Help › Forums

First ever WGT LIVE player event

Sat, Sep 20 2014 9:20 AM (67 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 10:18 PM

It's not only those four top players... The announcement reads,

fee includes the WGT player tip sessions with top Tour Legends and Country Club Owners

so, in addition, they "sell" CC owners to work in those tip sessions. Are they also expected to pay for their expenses and buy tickets for this promotional event on the behalf of Golf Now?

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 10:59 PM

If I had the money I swear I'd go just so I could see one of y'all shoot a 51 in person..

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 11:18 PM

Untill I unhance my experience with credit deposits I could be consider a Top Contributor (suggest this as new tier) so, "World" Golf Tour Live from Orlando, Florida and only for american members, seems something already see.

Even if it's open to ev'ryone.

Point, I got no chance to see the Golf Channel on air, so if I choose to hacking the live from the web, I could be consider a cheater or what. And pardon me, if I could come across the ocean to see this brilliant event I surely need no "tips" from top Tour Legend players and Country Club managers (no offense), I leave them in the "Ready Go" already and I can easy "manager" my 230 country club members.

Shame for this and why get me piss off (again) early in the morning.

Hat off on this event by the way, I suppose this is not the kind of way we think you invest our deposits and shouldn't better some new stage on courses by Chad, maybe at the famous Orange County National.

That's terrific, what's next.

David. 

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 3:22 AM

No doubt questions will be asked/threads started if any of the top 4 finishers in the 'Virtual Tour' decline to take part - for whatever reason - in the live event.................  

:)

• Adrianc29
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 4:13 AM

t

fmagnets:

jayw4862:

some clarification would be nice. 

The Tour Championship is a fairly normal Virtual Tour event, the culmination of the Virtual Tour, played for by the top-however-many-players in each tier.

The Top 4 Tour Legends then go to this live thing in Orlando, should they decide that the potential rewards outweigh the possibly humungous costs of travelling there.

Totally agree fmags the the cost for that time of year is enormous, as i have a property in Orlando and know for sure how much that costs us Brits to travel there, even worse if you are booking last minute as well. But good luck anyway Fmags .

Dave

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 4:23 AM

WigerToods2010:
    No doubt questions will be asked/threads started if any of the top 4 finishers in the 'Virtual Tour' decline to take part - for whatever reason - in the live event.................

And as the original poster said, that is really unfair.  The cost of air fare, accommodation, time off work, (someone with you would be nice) etc will be huge for some and why should they need to explain their financial, or personal, situation to convince others they are not cheats? Apart from that some may simply be too shy, an event like this would be completely different to playing in the broom cupboard.

Maybe there's a sponsor out there for whoever finishes top four.  Perhaps WGT could do it as the four will be working, tutorials to ticket holders and no doubt lots of promoting, for them.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 4:39 AM

From what i remember(but can't seem to find original thread) I thought the prizes were $25,000 pot for the winners plus real golf equiptment also.If this is the case then they will recover more than the price of the air fair and accomodation surely.

No doubt if not that many supporters/players from WGT turn up,it will be made up of WGT employees.Just so it looks good for the cameras lol.

Russell 

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 4:48 AM

DodgyPutter:
    ...................why should they need to explain their financial, or personal, situation to convince others they are not cheats?

They don't - won't stop questions being asked though, as per.

WGT could simply cover the travel/accommodation costs of the 4 players participating as you've already suggested.

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 5:52 AM

I am traveling from Palm Beach to the Event.   Not to far for me.    Looking forward to meeting  so many of you.   This is a chance to be a part of the very first ever Live event on WGT.   If it goes well who knows where it can go from there.    Looking forward to the tips part of the event.  And seeing the top players play.  Shaking hands with some of the top WGT affiliates.   I am going to bring my clubs.  However until I know what resort the event will be held.      I am not sure If I want to play.      See ya there.    Doc 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Sep 17 2014 7:11 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Apart from that some may simply be too shy, an event like this would be completely different to playing in the broom cupboard.

A fly on the wall in DodgyPutters house??

RSS