Forums

Help › Forums

Thoughts please - New Tier Above Tour Legends?

Wed, Oct 22 2014 7:22 PM (179 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Aug 15 2014 5:14 AM

Perhaps WGT should grant the new tire to TL's with cheater helps or multiple accounts... and that will be then end of discussion.

Eric

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Aug 15 2014 6:12 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Moreover, were this to happen I suspect a new top of the best of rest would soon come to light and where would that end?

I still don't really get what the elite players are losing.  Tiered  RG's? Then maybe something like ready-go's the top two tiers could enter.  All I mean is that that some seem to be naysayers without exploring the possibilities. 

I've said too much on this already, and am probably just repeating now, so to only answer the above.

Whatever the criteria for a now top tier some would just miss it and some would improve/play rounds/win tournaments enough to deserve to be in it.  So those you mention above would probably be promoted to the new top tier.  Wgt would need to decide what they want from the top tier and set the conditions for entering it carefully so it dosn't end up like the current TL level.  I reckon that if it was to remain meaningfully elite, even in the medium term,  there would have to be less than 100 that make it initially (nothing scientific, very much just making that up though).

I promise, I'll shut up on this now.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 1:13 PM

Probably the wrong place but that's how much I know about programming.

First let me say generally a very solid last update.  Guess WGT will be working on getting the passes fixed first as must be losing potential income with discos deleting passes / free passes resetting to 12 hours away every time you buy one.

If this new tier ever did happen could the stats be reset, and done properly for once?  Ideally throughout per tier at least but possibly while doing a new tier anyway is easier?

They went from not worth much to plain silly with the new short tees option.  No problem with the short tees fun, but I would like to see what my real stats are, and am don't feel I should be the one running a spread sheet for it.

EDIT: Pretty sure we will soon have the first TL average score of 49.  Cartoon time! 

• Elbirdo
    214 Posts
    Sun, Oct 5 2014 2:59 PM

There is a lot of good ideas here, but it is truly inevitable that WGT [WGTAdmin2] have to do something.

Tour Legend at this point is the end of the road and if you wish to compete in Ready Go's you are pretty much wasting your time with a good percentage of the Tour Legends having averages below 58 0r 57, and the real good ones are at 54 or even as low as 52....

And don't get me wrong, I am not taking anything away from the top players in this game, they truly deserve their accomplishments and should be noticed, but it's time to separate the men from the boys.

I think the system currently in place is good, with the averages working the way they are. I also think WGT has left this topic to long and should already have a game plan in place, very surprised we are having this discussion considering so many people are playing less and Country Clubs are closing down. Just create 2 or 3 more thresholds for averages, call the tiers whatever you like, and move players up the ladder, this should create more game play within the Ready Go's resulting in more revenue for the provider...please excuse my ignorance if there is something I don't understand?

Creating another tier or possibly  several  tiers is a must!

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, Oct 5 2014 5:24 PM

Appreciate all the input on new tiers. 

-WGTyphoon

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Mon, Oct 6 2014 9:26 AM

WGTadmin2:

Help us think this thru

future tiers are:
    Champ, Tour Champ and.... "Jessica"

Seriously though, if you really wanna separate the top guns
    from the rest of the general public, establish the qualifying criteria for
    this upper echelon tier to be based on career earnings.
    I promise you that anything over 15K $ is usually a good indication
    of someone who got this whole game dialed in a long ass time ago.

• mmatheus63
    421 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 3:23 PM

I agree on many of the points here.  TL is saturated.  Many of us don't compete in RG's because the "big guns" drop 26's with some 27's and we "meager" T.L's are lucky if we get our entry back.

To sum up what's been said, I see the next tier separation criteria as

1) Winnings - $200 - 900.00   then $901.00 and up

2) Avg.  58.5 - 56.5 and then 56.4 and under

This would allow the "I play this game only to win CASH and beat the crap out of my opponents" players the ability to play among themselves.  The rest of us T.L's who play because we enjoy it and will never shoot 26's from the nose bleed tees a chance to beat those in our bracket.  My 2 cents 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 8:49 PM

WGTyphoon:

Appreciate all the input on new tiers. 

I guess with the "clash" fallout still falling there are priorities, but did this ever get looked at?  I appreciate there is no fast Eddie $s today in it, but that "CC Clash" debacle maybe showed there is a limit to just how sharp people mind fast Eddie getting?? Stating the bleedin' obvious:)

What's wrong with building a sound platform to aim for? Having averages / stats that are rolling from a must play certain  number of real courses, click on last months performance etc...Maybe some more $s in the long than constant Fast Eddie sugar boosts or more correctly just scams. 

Bit annoying that WGT start a thread like this and don't even have the decency to update, whilst all the time working on a golden bit of extreme daftness.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 1:16 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Bit annoying that WGT start a thread like this and don't even have the decency to update, whilst all the time working on a golden bit of extreme daftness.

It's their usual way of conduct, as I was told by the company. They do not feel obliged to any comments or a final note. Even a "Thank you" is sparse.

In total, there are four similar threads in this year, opened by WGT and left alone.

On Jan 17th, a mod opened
    Caddie woes - We need your feedback

On June 14th and 15th, another mod opened
    Putter meter scale increments - what do you want? in Product Suggestions.
    and
    What piece of equipment do you want WGT to make? in Product Suggestions.
    as well as this thread,
    Thoughts please - New Tier Above Tour Legends? in Product Suggestions.

My conclusion: They do not deserve our answers!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 7:22 PM

gmaster007:
    future tiers are:
    Champ, Tour Champ and.... "Jessica"

LMFAO!  her average now is 49.90!

RSS