Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT official forum moderator introduction!

Fri, Oct 24 2014 4:18 AM (68 replies)
  • alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Mon, Aug 18 2014 11:10 PM

WGTicon:

I am here!!! waving :)

I know that you are the most helpful official here, I took profit from that often!

BTW: Did you notice that some notes must be multiple in your list? *grins*

But, when it comes to WGT's own calls for help and user's proposals, the results are not that nice.

I was astounded that, on the January thread "Caddie woes", the company decided to stay silent till it ceased, no further contribution by you or any other mod, and thus not a single hint how WGT might value or use our inputs. Same (company absence) is true for some other "Tell us your opinion" threads of mid June. Remember "putter scales", "new equipment", "new tier"?

My impression is that the company leaves us "standing in the rain" with our thoughts. To me, they proved that they don't deserve our contributions. Such optimism is futile.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 5:05 AM

alosso:
    My impression is that the company leaves us "standing in the rain" with our thoughts. To me, they proved that they don't deserve our contributions. Such optimism is futile

From Icon's post..." forums are user driven not moderator driven." The company leaves us alone to discuss whatever. They don't chair these forums, as such.

Picture the break room in a large company-employees sit around and discuss (moan about?) what they think the company should be doing or not. Is Management sitting there with them? Where there's a Suggestion Box does the company religiously answer any and all suggestions? Probably not and the same applies here in these discussions. They step in when it's warranted.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:07 AM

alosso:

WGTicon:

I am here!!! waving :)

I know that you are the most helpful official here, I took profit from that often!

BTW: Did you notice that some notes must be multiple in your list? *grins*

But, when it comes to WGT's own calls for help and user's proposals, the results are not that nice.

I was astounded that, on the January thread "Caddie woes", the company decided to stay silent till it ceased, no further contribution by you or any other mod, and thus not a single hint how WGT might value or use our inputs. Same (company absence) is true for some other "Tell us your opinion" threads of mid June. Remember "putter scales", "new equipment", "new tier"?

My impression is that the company leaves us "standing in the rain" with our thoughts. To me, they proved that they don't deserve our contributions. Such optimism is futile.

Hi

It's nowhere near my area but usually imo when we make such threads, it's to gather feedback on a potential idea of improvement/change. It doesn't mean it will be implemented or improved. Many things start off as good ideas, end up not working or put on hold or something else. Such is the business of game development.

I know all of them have been seen and discussed at length by the developers.

-wgticon

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:33 AM

WGTicon:

... and at the end of those discussions, when it is agreed that the idea/suggestion will not be developed, it would be helpful to the community to know that.

• MrSCicero
    154 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:45 AM

ZioMio:

WGTicon:

... and at the end of those discussions, when it is agreed that the idea/suggestion will not be developed, it would be helpful to the community to know that.

Yes this is correct, Even if it was just to used to compile a list of the suggestions that were considered and rejected so that the posters in this section of the forums had a list of suggestions that had already been proposed and rejected to glance at before reposting a suggestion that has already been discussed and rejected.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 1:34 PM

ZioMio:

Now THAT would be the way to roll.  :-)

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:52 PM

WGTicon:
    It's nowhere near my area

O si tacuisses...

@YJ: Is it your true opinion that "We need your help" (Thread title) and "Please give us your opinion" (multiple invitation by WGT, opening a discussion) is user-driven? You can't be serious!

Your picture is wrong because we aren't employees who are payed for their contributions but customers who pay for a value. Any further thought by us is an extra!

Nevertheless, I add to your picture:
    An echelon enters this hall, publicly posing a question to these people. Instead of staying to hear what they say he immediately leaves the room, voluntarily ignoring any contributions. What about this?

@Icon: Your explanation of the company's "communication" habits leaves me speechless. To say the least, they lack any politeness against their most precious (pro-active) customers, and I commiserate you that you have to be the messenger for this.

Pfui to WGT!
    (I would not be able to express more of my sentiments without breaking the Guidelines)

I have asked you (the company) to proove that they deserve our contributions,

From five official threads of January and June, I have taken my personal conclusion that this is not the case,

and now you give me written statement proving my opinion:

IMHO, WGT IS NOT WORTH ANY SUPPORT BY IT'S USERS!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 5:19 AM

alosso:
    @YJ: Is it your true opinion that "We need your help" (Thread title) and "Please give us your opinion" (multiple invitation by WGT, opening a discussion) is user-driven? You can't be serious!

They then become one of the users.

Take it to the extreme here, Alosso. What would you consider the right way for WGT to deal with this? Require WGT to set aside resources to involve themselves with a very small portion (forum readers) of the client base? And to what end? To make you happy? To hear you repeat something that's been beat to death, like MA's? To listen to how crappy their workforce is with inept engineers and the like?

IMO, sitting back and watching it all unfold is more than enough for them to see what they need to do. If you have to pay for something you have a customer's rights. You don't have to pay here.  :-)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 6:17 AM

YankeeJim:
    If you have to pay for something you have a customer's rights. You don't have to pay here.  :-)

You're joking right?  Do you disrespect people who come into your shop to see your cabinets?  They haven't paid you anything! But they're potential customers.

Sorry we're all customers who supply revenue to WGT one way or another.  Whether its using credit cards to buy credits, or viewing all the ads, or viewing videos, or taking surveys.  Basically just coming to the site and using their service makes us a customer.  If we don't visit the site they don't get any revenue from us.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 6:52 AM

andyson:
    You're joking right?  Do you disrespect people who come into your shop to see your cabinets?  They haven't paid you anything! But they're potential customers.

Flawed logic, it's not a valid comparison. I am not offering cabinets for free. This site is (golf instead of cabinets) and you go in with open eyes knowing it's a beta format. My customers are required to pay to have any voice, they have no choice. No pay, no voice. Not so here.

RSS