Forums

Help › Forums

What piece of equipment do you want WGT to make?

Sun, Nov 30 2014 3:09 PM (173 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 4:01 PM

Love you thoughts team WGT players

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 4:03 PM

New putter:

Based on L70 Versa.   Same meter, but half dot extra precision.

Also looking around the forums I seem to remember one guy mentioned he would like yellow Callaway balls:)

EDIT:

Per your below : I never said I wanted yellow lol.  That said I do use L34s often enough so why not if same price :)

Anyway moving swiftly on a new 3 wood based on the L92 Max.  245 yards but keep the spin as is, and therefor enough differentiation I would think to the BB L89 one.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 4:07 PM

Seriously, I am going to have to get a yellow marker and make them myself, aren't I...

these?  http://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-balls/balls-2014-x2-hot-yellow.html

If I get this done you better buy them or else I am going to get laughed out of WGT

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 4:09 PM

Would love to see a better putter than my rossa, but with the same increments. My top level Versa putter is just a load of crap. It seems the gear i buy nowadays dont do nothing after i purchase them, and is 1 of the reasons i wont be around much longer.

Put up whatever you like, it wont matter anyways.

• why9
    907 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 4:19 PM

WGTadmin2:
    these?  http://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-balls/balls-2014-x2-hot-yellow.html

maybe these  http://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-balls/balls-2013-hex-chrome-plus-yellow.html would be an easier sell to management

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 4:39 PM

Ball retriever. 

That one ditch at Kiawah. No way I'm sticking by hand in there. Gators and cottonmouths. 

------------------

Seriously, I'd like to see some high feel wedges that have a bit more forgiveness that's actually there. There are several that advertise it, but the variance on such short shots should be minimal with the advertised forgiveness. 

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 5:39 PM

I proposed something a while back about and then read something recently that got me thinking about it again. I have long wanted a set of vintage style clubs (persimmon woods and blade irons) and suggested a Master tier set similar to the very reasonable WGT Pro set a while back.  Then I was reading an old article where Johnny Miller was discussing iron play and how back in his playing days he wasn't just killing the ball and only hit his 9 iron 125 yards. 6 iron 160, and 4 iron 185.  I started playing around from those numbers as a base and then hit on the big idea that I didn't have previously.  

The idea is rather simple - offer more than just a full set of clubs like the Pro Set but give options on how the set is configured to replicate different periods in the game.  For example, players like Jack Nicklaus and Arnold  Palmer in their heyday used a driver, 3 wood, and 1 iron - sand wedge or maybe swapped a third fairway wood in for a long iron - but the idea of the 3rd wedge wasn't brought in until Tom Kite started carrying one in the 80s.    By offering more than just 13 clubs you allow the idea of era based competitions and competitions with equal equipment with a higher level of precision equipment than the starter clubs. 

For example, picture the clubs below with 3-3.5  precision, 1.5 forgiveness, and 2-2.5 spin with a trajectory similar to the level 59 g20s and a meter between 3 and 3.5 throughout the set.

Driver  265 yds

3 wood 235 yds

4 wood 218 yds

1 iron 222 yds

2 iron 210 yds

3 iron 197 yds

4 iron 185 yds (JM yardage here)

5 iron 172 yds

6 iron 160 yds (JM yardage here)

7 iron 148 yds

8 iron 137 yds

9 iron 125 yds (JM yardage here)

Pitching wedge 105 yds

Sand Wedge 85 yds

Lob Wedge  60 yds

and could also add in a vintage putter (8802 or Bullseye lookalike)  with 3 precision, 1.5 forgiveness and 3 balance and a 4.5 meter  with increments that are a bit off like 10, 40, 80, 160, 300.

To keep the tournament field level, Vintage tourneys could require the use of a WGT ball.  Players who wanted to slow the meter using GI3 series balls while those who wanted more performance could use the SD balls.

Now the sales spin, no licensing fees needed since all WGT equipment  = profit margins of 100 %.  Also bear in mind that a large percentage of WGT members are old enough to remember those clubs and a little bit of nostalgia goes a long way - especially aimed at those with disposable income.  A few hours of programming and some photo editing and you charge say 2000 - 3000 credits for the full set limited to Master tier or higher - yardages would work great for those tees I think - and you get a lot of options.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 7:21 PM

WGTadmin2:
    Seriously, I am going to have to get a yellow marker and make them myself, aren't I...

LOL   Pleassssseee do,  it will save me a monitor.  ;-)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 10:01 PM
    Please don't make longer hitting clubs. They are past realism already and the game will become too easy.
  • bluzgolf
    1,073 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 10:36 PM

A 3w with basically Big Bertha spec, except more forgiveness.  Also wedges with basically Cleveland spec, except more forgiveness.  (Upper level clubs.)

RSS