Forums

Help › Forums

Thoughts please - New Tier Above Tour Legends?

Wed, Oct 22 2014 7:22 PM (179 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 12:32 PM

I don't give a shite about a new tier one way or the other.  My comments have to do with the threads started by wgt asking for input, getting plenty, then leaving the threads to die of neglect.  The same thing happened when they asked for input on a switch to disable the caddie.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 1:33 PM

That was "Caddie Woes..."from January. Can't tell about official participation there.

Alas, add "What piece of equipment...?" and "Putter increments...?" to this thread, and you have three threads opened by WGT within two days mid June, some of them never revisited by an official.

They care - not!

(edited)

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 2:05 PM

mkg335:

I don't give a shite about a new tier one way or the other.  My comments have to do with the threads started by wgt asking for input, getting plenty, then leaving the threads to die of neglect.  The same thing happened when they asked for input on a switch to disable the caddie.

I kinda thought them doing nothing was statement enough.  At least I hope so - I was one of the "nay" votes for new tiers.  I haven't went over every post, but I think there were more who didn't like the idea than those who did.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 3:17 PM

alosso:

That was "Caddie Woes..."from January. Can't tell about official participation there.

Alas, add "What piece of equipment...?" and "Putter increments...?" to this thread, and you have three threads opened by WGT within two days mid June, some of them never revisited by an official.

They care - not!

(edited)

alosso, I recall a caddie thread started by a wgt mod, maybe Icon or Shoe, not sure.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 3:56 PM

WGTadmin2:

Thanks for all the great ideas and summarizing a lot of the ideas found in other places.  The main issue we are trying to address is there is a huge disparity in skill among the Tour legends right now.  The whole purpose of the tiers is to group similar skill level together so you can have a fair and competitive game.  Can you think of a better solution?

Real possible issues is that the Top tier will be less players and RG's and other tournaments will take longer to fill...  

There is a huge disparity, I agree and I think we need a new Tier. Maybe have an Ave of 56.00 and below to qualify.

I think the same questions were raised when the TL Tier came in. People were worried about the filling of comps etc., but after a short time everything was running smooth.

TL R/Go's take forever and a day to fill now, so nothing will change.....lol

Looking at this List. There is now 1161 TL's and growing everyday.

We don't need new Tee's or even Green Speed.  Keep it as it is and just have the New Tier

-Roger

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 4:12 PM

alosso, you're right, the thread was "Caddie woes" and was started by Icon.

click to see thread

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 5:11 PM

WGT needs to implement this new Tier.   And have gotten several good ideas as for what to name it here in this thread.    I will swing this thread into a different direction. 

Bracket Play must change.   Their are a few problems.

Example:   The 500 credits Legend Bracket  has gotten way to easy.    Bracket Play starts out on Congress.  And has since the 1st day Bracket Play started.    WGT needs to switch it around change the courses.   What you have going on is Players getting a real good read On these Bracket Courses in the order in which they have been setup.     We need a better rotation instead of just the same old course rotation,  Which becomes to easy to get a read on the setup if it always stays the same.        Goodluck   Doc 

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 6:12 PM

Rather than start another tier, create multiple Tour Legend Golf Tours just like the pros in real life. The equivalent of the PGA Tour gets worthwhile large payouts and reduce the prizes by tour drastically. Over the course of the season promote and demote people among tours like the pros do now. Place above a certain level each season to retain your "card". Win three on a lesser tour and move up. Top 25 at the end of a season earn their promotion to the next tour.

Heavily promote and feature the very top tour of elite players. That's where the cream of the crop will be.

Something similar could be done at the Legend tier as the means for Tour Legend achievement. Promotion to the Tour Legend level would then have to be earned across many courses and conditions over an entire season and not automatic.

Demote the bottom players of the Tour Legend group back to Legend if they're not up to the task of retaining their "card" on the lowest tour in the TL tier.

Badge the player similar to the WGT flags we have now so each member is readily identified by the tour he/she is currently on.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 8:43 PM

srellim234:

Rather than start another tier, create multiple Tour Legend Golf Tours just like the pros in real life. The equivalent of the PGA Tour gets worthwhile large payouts and reduce the prizes by tour drastically. Over the course of the season promote and demote people among tours like the pros do now. Place above a certain level each season to retain your "card". Win three on a lesser tour and move up. Top 25 at the end of a season earn their promotion to the next tour.

Heavily promote and feature the very top tour of elite players. That's where the cream of the crop will be.

Something similar could be done at the Legend tier as the means for Tour Legend achievement. Promotion to the Tour Legend level would then have to be earned across many courses and conditions over an entire season and not automatic.

Demote the bottom players of the Tour Legend group back to Legend if they're not up to the task of retaining their "card" on the lowest tour in the TL tier.

Badge the player similar to the WGT flags we have now so each member is readily identified by the tour he/she is currently on.

I like it!  Great Idea.

• Rocko33
    41 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 8:22 AM

What for bad idea or a simple no

RSS