Help › Forums

WGT: New balls

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 3 2010 8:31 AM (51 replies)
  • Mem11
    199 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 1:16 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    These things could be 112 credits a sleeve for all we know, which is what we're already paying for balls anyways.

For whatever reason, not every Legend uses the GI-SD ball.  I'd guess it's less than 50% and I'm betting they get the same use percentage for this new ball.

WGT's stated goal was...

WGTSky:
    As a means to tune the experience without compromising the challenges that should be faced as a Legend, you will soon see a new ball for Legends who are level 30 and above that will give a sufficient increase in distance.

If the majority don't end up using the new ball, then I guess most legends won't be getting their tune up.

I realize that you, Kaslo and a number of others will probably be thrilled to get this new ball and I'm really happy for you - really.  And I will be the 1st to congratulate WGT, if this new ball cost around 75 credits; increases my driver by 20 yds more or less; has at least 2 dots of feel; and when you equip them the new max distances are shown for all your clubs.

I have no problem with WGT offering this option and if they feel this makes the most financial sense, then they should do it.  But they shouldn't be surprised to find a lot of disappointed Legends if a new driver and or set of legend clubs doesn't materialize relatively soon after.

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 2:23 PM

Strange that WGT are keeping silent on this thread.

I have no issue with them making money.  What I have an issue with is this charade of pretending to take on board feedback.  Many have posted on their poor approach to communication, yet they do not learn.

Disappointing

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 2:52 PM

Yes, very strange.  They have advertisers, and I am sure those companies have people who check out this site and see the forums.  Sorry for bashing, but sometimes its needed.  Dissapointing indeed we often get no response.  Maybe should finger somebdoy to get them on to this thread.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 3:14 PM

Mem11:

I realize that you, Kaslo and a number of others will probably be thrilled to get this new ball and I'm really happy for you - really.  And I will be the 1st to congratulate WGT, if this new ball cost around 75 credits; increases my driver by 20 yds more or less; has at least 2 dots of feel; and when you equip them the new max distances are shown for all your clubs.

I would hardly say thrilled. All I mentioned was I will continue to limit my MPC games against Tour Masters until something is changed. I have no insight to what stats the new ball will offer, I have merely offered my opinion that it must have at least one feel bubble ( I would love more) and two spin bubbles (I would love more) as well as the extra distance.

Now people, get this through your heads. - WGT will NOT be offering tier based clubs. Get over it. WGT has a new business model and no where have they mentioned anything other than clubs will be LEVEL based.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 3:29 PM

Kaslo:
    I would hardly say thrilled.

OK sorry, I guess you'll  be a little more satisfied then some of us then ;-)...

Kaslo:
    Now people, get this through your heads. - WGT will NOT be offering tier based clubs. Get over it. WGT has a new business model and no where have they mentioned anything other than clubs will be LEVEL based.

Upcoming Changes...and Thank You!

WGTSky:
    Many of you mentioned that your new Tiers present inappropriate levels of difficulty. In addition, there is a lessened incentive to move naturally to higher Tiers when new equipment is not unlocked within a reasonable time. To address these concerns, in the next few releases, we will start unlocking appropriate equipment when you enter a new Tier.

Sounds to me like equipment will be both tier and level based...

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 3:46 PM

Mem11:

WGTSky:
    Many of you mentioned that your new Tiers present inappropriate levels of difficulty. In addition, there is a lessened incentive to move naturally to higher Tiers when new equipment is not unlocked within a reasonable time. To address these concerns, in the next few releases, we will start unlocking appropriate equipment when you enter a new Tier.

Sounds to me like equipment will be both tier and level based...

I interput this to mean, that in the future clubs will be available 2 ways. Via level for those who don't advance tiers often and via tier for those who go up through the tiers faster than leveling. I do not see this to mean in the future that there will legend only clubs. That my friend would Thrill me and I hope you are correct and I am not. I just don't want you to be dissapointed when it does not happen.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 4:30 PM

Kaslo:
    I interput this to mean, that in the future clubs will be available 2 ways. Via level for those who don't advance tiers often and via tier for those who go up through the tiers faster than leveling. I do not see this to mean in the future that there will legend only clubs. That my friend would Thrill me and I hope you are correct and I am not. I just don't want you to be dissapointed when it does not happen.

I agree and fear you're probably correct, however it does leave the door open to the possibility.  I guess we'll know soon enough...

Just to take this thread completely off track, I went over and signed up with the competition a few days ago.  While the graphics suck, the physics may be off, and you can only play one course for free, it is kind of fun.  The one nice thing, when you "train" your clubs to increase their distances(sort of like buying a distance ball), the value actually changes on the screen - imagine that ;-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 4:32 PM
    I really don't care about new clubs or balls. I wish they would just fix the greens.
  • spinmaster
    56 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 5:19 PM

I really don't know why these legends are complaining about distances. I love the challenge. For once the scores that the legends are putting out are realistic. So all you legends stop complaining.

-Spinmaster

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 5:46 AM

VilaRestal:

Because it's short-sighted and might well have the opposite effect: drive people away from the site all together.

Not to mention it's very dishonorable to update your software so that previously purchased products become less useful. Imagine if Microsoft released a service pack for all versions of windows that made them run 10% slower and then charged to have it patched. It would be a scandel and rightly so and would forever dent their reputation and market share. Such behaviour is bordering on extortion, which is illegal with good reason.

Maximising profits is only acceptable in certain ways and only wise if it doesn't drive away existing customers and/or deter new ones.

I honestly expect such behaviour to be detrimental to their profits in the long run. Businesses that try to screw existing customers for as much as they can get don't last long. What will they try next when the revenue stream from this scheme dries up? And then the next one and the next and the next. Each making less and less.

If they spent more time opening up the other courses and giving driving ranges and putting greens and multiple saved games then there could be a case for charging more.

As it is, it looks like an unfinished piece of work and WGT seem to be in no hurry to finish it before trying to charge as much as they can for it. Successful businesses do not work that way. It's the business plan of a fly-by-night operation intending to fold after embezzling as much as they can first.

I just hope WGT realise this before it's too late and sack the manager that keeps coming up with these ideas and employ someone who knows what their doing. It has the makings of a great site and a great game. It would be a shame to lose it.

Vila, this is a Beta product, you play it at your own risk. It says so in the terms and conditions. To compare WGT to Microsoft is totally unreasonable. You are not comparing like with like. A fairer comparison would be to a supermarket that lets you take away as much of its own brand food for free, but invites you to pay for the more luxurious branded goods. There is nothing to stop you going back to eating bread and dripping.

The Yak

RSS