Forums

Help › Forums

WGT: New balls

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 3 2010 8:31 AM (51 replies)
  • JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 4:47 PM

The new ball is like the Super-Tri driver...an expensive and risky way of gaining 4 yds.

Don't bother.

• Docwilli11
    8 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 5:00 PM

lmao WELL dont bye em then..its not the ball Juan..its the golfer..l8ter Doc

• SHOOTTOTHRILL
    12 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 5:37 PM

As for the "new ball", just about anyone who know's anything about real golf ball's can tell you, distance balls travel farther because they spin less. Less spin means a straighter shot. Why is this new ball programmed to be less accurate???? It has NO feel over the regular SD, and yet slight miss hit's go ALOT further off line????? Make's absolutly no sense at all. Please tell me this was a mistake with the design.

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 6:40 PM

Oh, you still here? How's the therapy going?

Never, Juan

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:04 PM

Well, call me loose wallet, but I bought some of these legend balls, and they do carry the drive quite a bit further. Harder to handle, less forgiving? Can't say I noticed that, yet they take some getting used to. My main problem with them is high price and low, I mean LOW durability, combined with low feel. Essentially a GI-SD ball with a bit more quick, including the one up your butt. A more powerful driver for legends -- unlocked for God's sake (this whole BS policy of locking old masters out of all master and best pro equipment is seriously pissing mew off!) -- would have been far, far better.

I don't know what's happening to WGT of late, but it's not good, and it really saddens me, as I have had a long love story with them since 2008, and now it seems their staff is poorly responsive and badly misguided.

• kevinmosley
    76 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:33 PM

ok it's official, these new balls suck, where is the extra distance,  I just don't see it!!!!!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:35 PM

1 more distance and drop the price to 130/sleeve or add 1 durability imo!

WGT is supposed to be doing us a favor here... >_>

Even GI-SD + 2 distance would not come close to making up the ~40 yard disadvantage, so only getting GI-SD + 1 distance is a bit of a letdown.

I like some of the changes.  Blitz is ok... I'm not falling over myself to heap praise upon it, but it's nice to see the game expand some more and have some variety... and the pro shop comparison is pretty cool.  I applaud WGT for making those permanent changes that everyone agrees are good... the time spent on the pro shop and blitz was constructive, but when it comes to the ball, I don't think most legends are pleased with it.

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:50 PM

I just played a round (back 9 Bethpage) with another legend using the same driver as me(super tri).  He was using the new legend balls and i was using my standard tour SD's.  His long drive was 308yds on the par 5 and mine was 301 on the same hole.  His average was 291 and mine was 292 for the round(1 yd more that his).  He paid 145c!!! for his 1 dot balls and i paid 65c for my 2 dot balls.  Heck of an increase in price for virtually the same distance.  Anyone else notice this?

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:12 PM

I understand that WGT needs to be cautious and it's a lot easy to give than to take. That being said, IMO the extra distance is not enough yet to encourage me to play tour masters.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:17 PM
    I bought a sleeve, and see no difference. 2 or 3 yards? No color, no vapor...no likey
RSS