Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Changes...and Thank You!

Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:20 AM (215 replies)
  • WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 11:15 AM

Thank you all for the thoughtful and constructive comments in response to our recent post soliciting feedback on key concerns that most directly affect you. We’ve been closely following all your responses, as well as numerous other forum discussions related to the new Tiers and Levels, so we can make changes that directly improve your experience on WGT. Here’s some specific feedback on what we plan to do…

• The new Levels appear to be advancing too slowly at higher levels. Our plan here includes speeding up the process of Leveling at higher levels by providing more experience points (XP) for finishing games, and XP awards for consecutive days played. Also, in order to make it more clear how and when you are gaining experience, a new XP summary will be introduced.
    • There have been many requests for tiered tournaments, so we are creating a Legend-only premium tournament in October.
    • Sandbagging and Quitting are two hot topics that we want to address in a measured fashion, as we have done in the past, to avoid creating systems that could negatively affect people who are playing fairly. Soon we will introduce a new algorithm, by which quitting games and purposely scoring high will no longer impact your Tier. This is not a silver bullet meant to fully eliminate sandbagging...rather, it will be part of our ongoing progress to reduce the issue.
    • More practice options. We are going to make the Champion tees available in Practice mode for stroke play and one additional green speed.

The most commented upon topics have been those regarding virtual equipment. Obviously, what’s in your golf bag has a profound effect on the outcome of multiplayer and tournament matches, as well as on your tiers, levels, and the overall “fun factor” of WGT. As such, we are planning to improve our virtual equipment in a variety of ways.

• Many of you mentioned that your new Tiers present inappropriate levels of difficulty. In addition, there is a lessened incentive to move naturally to higher Tiers when new equipment is not unlocked within a reasonable time. To address these concerns, in the next few releases, we will start unlocking appropriate equipment when you enter a new Tier.
    • Many Legend players have commented regarding the difficulty with clubs that don’t allow for a suitable drive to set up a potential birdie. As a means to tune the experience without compromising the challenges that should be faced as a Legend, you will soon see a new ball for Legends who are level 30 and above that will give a sufficient increase in distance.
    • Some of you indicated that you logged in during September to realize that you had moved ahead two Tiers, while others describe playability concerns with Championship tees vs. available drivers, or having an unfair advantage over another player because they had bought clubs previous to their being locked. For these situations, we intend to level the playing field via equipment availability, so you will be seeing us unlocking more equipment more quickly.
    • As we continue to fine tune the new Levels and Tiers, new virtual equipment will continue to be added. Please be patient as we want to make sure we continue to add high-quality equipment with attributes as realistic as possible.

Once again, thanks! Your thoughtful, well-reasoned suggestions continue to play a very important role in defining the best ways to improve WGT.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 11:37 AM

Sky,

It seems as if the trend here is to go back closer to the 'way it was' with equipment accessibility being related more towards tiers than levels. I'd offer this solution for ya, if interested. 

Add more tiers, and have equipment specific to those tiers which is unlocked when the tier level is reached. There needs to be some tier specific equipment available when a new tier is reached, to go with the new tee-box assignments associated with the specific tiers.

Then, use the 'level' rankings to unlock more advanced, yet still tier-specifc clubs as one progresses through the new tier.

in essence, a first set of tier specific clubs opens up as soon as a new tier is reached, and then more advanced tier specific clubs are opened as the levels increase within that tier. . . . . If honest improvement isn't made (sandbagging....) within the tier, only the low-level clubs are available for that particular tier.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 11:38 AM

Thanks Sky. I new you'd come up with some answers, perhaps a little late but welcome nonetheless.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:13 PM

i give up. answer to longer approach shots lets introduce a ball that goes further, great we buy clubs to enable us too hit the ball further, then find we can't reach the greens. so what can we do to help wgt say, i know lets make them spend more money on balls for greater distance, hopefully that will shut them up.

why not just advance all legend players to a level where all present equipment is available. i still have to play for ages to get access to shop items i had access too before the stupid ill thourght out update.

any tweaks that help put right the mess wgt made themselves has got to be a good thing. but i get a feeling it's too little too late for some. the game for me has lost the edge it had over games like TWO. i liked playing this game but the pleasure is disappearing. the last update was a leap instead of a step forward. too many people were advanced to legend, many are in limbo, not good enough to be a legend but stuck with the title and all the problems that come with it.

Oh well WGT kept me hooked for 18 months time to let go maybe and find something else to do that doesn't shaft me everytime i start getting good at it.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:29 PM

Thank You WGT..  I like the new game.  I made Master and still play with pro clubs..  Man up OPY..    just wounder what (  chuck the king of jerks )  has to say..

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:37 PM

Thank you WGT for listening and at least trying to please your customers. Although you won't please everybody at least your taking some steps in the seemingly right direction. Even though ALL of the upcoming changes don't affect me personally being as I'm only a tour pro, I do think and hope that these changes will be for the most part a welcomed addition. I personally look forward to the speed at which you level up for right now it is soooooo slow. So thanks once again and again I will say (my opinion) overall great game.

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:38 PM

Sky, thanks for listening to our feedback and attempting to address it. I'll just add that one concern (which plim mentioned) is that too many players are in the Legend Tier.  There is not enough of a distinction between the Master, Tour Master, and Legend tiers.  IMO, the point of splitting the "old" Master Tier into 3 tiers was to provide more accurate and competitive strata amongst the Master players; but as many people have pointed out, a huge number of Masters were advanced to the Legend tier, so on a purely anecdotal basis, I haven't seen any significant difference in splitting up the Master tier - and making that 3-way split definitely should have created a difference.  I'm not sure where the cut-off should be, but maybe something based on # of tournament wins, a 3-month avg, total earnings, or something that makes the Legend distinction a meaningful one. I agree that if you are a Legend, you should be able to handle the more difficult conditions; it's just that I play with number of people in that tier that either cannot or are losing enjoyment based on Legend status.

• Warof1812
    44 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:39 PM

Another recommendation:

Rename the "slow" greens "very slow", the "fast" greens "slow" etc.  Then do away with the "very slow" greens.  You will end up with the same structure you had before, without any "championship" greens, and everyone can be happy that they are back where they started.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:54 PM

Here is what i'd like to see:

Renaming of i15's to Rapture's v3 and keeping all same mods except one: dropping speed from 7/8 to 3. I don't care about the rest :D

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:54 PM

Is there an ETA?

RSS