Forums

Help › Forums

WGT: New balls

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 3 2010 8:31 AM (51 replies)
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:57 PM

Ya i agree not a big help.... Distances added is of no great help.

On the other hand i imagine they were a rush release. You can probably plan to see colors and vapors added shortly....

• funger50
    41 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:51 PM

why only GI SD

what about Tour SD  ?

colours ?

vapor  ?

you gave us a few yards  but changed the speed of the meter

I liked the Tour SD  and now I have to play GI SD

Franky

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 12:10 PM

Yakublue:

Vila, this is a Beta product, you play it at your own risk. It says so in the terms and conditions. To compare WGT to Microsoft is totally unreasonable. You are not comparing like with like. A fairer comparison would be to a supermarket that lets you take away as much of its own brand food for free, but invites you to pay for the more luxurious branded goods. There is nothing to stop you going back to eating bread and dripping.

No comparision at all: software companies do not charge people to beta-test. We are customers not testers.

Supermarkets are not in any way comparible to this. They cannot take away some of the value of items sold to you by modifying them after you've bought them.

There is nothing to stop people shopping at another supermarket if one of them tries to fleece its customers for all it can get.

Lastly, terms and conditions (like any contract) cannot override greater laws like consumer rights, trade descriptions, etc, etc. I don't care what it says about being a beta tester in the terms and conditions. WGT shouldn't charge money if it's not fit for sale. As they do charge money they have an obligation to their customers.

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 12:32 PM
    Vila, I wasn't comparing WGT to real economy supermarkets. What supermarket do you know that gives its base products free of charge. Stop misrepresnting my opinions to suit your own position. If you don't like the options offered to you by WGT you can always exercise your own. The Yak
  • seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 3:10 PM

Tried to write a review for the legend balls. Got this message.

Thank you for your review. It will be posted after it is approved by a moderator.

It was a negative review so it will be interesting to see if it is posted.

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 12:07 AM

Yakublue:
    Vila, I wasn't comparing WGT to real economy supermarkets.

Err, yes you most certainly were:

Yakublue:
    A fairer comparison would be to a supermarket.

Yakublue:
    Stop misrepresnting my opinions to suit your own position

I am demonstrably not!!!

Yakublue:
    If you don't like the options offered to you by WGT you can always exercise your own.

Which was my point entirely: If people don't like it that's exactly what they will do. Your original [rhetorical/sarcastic] question was: "How dare a profit maximising entity such as WGT connive to improve its income streams!"?

My point was: because it's foolish of them and could well have the opposite effect (and also dishonourable for what it's worth).

Your point that 'this is a beta version, they can do what they like' is moot: It wouldn't stand up in a court of law and doesn't detract from the fact that the way for WGT to 'improve its income streams' (make more money) is to grow and attract more customers not to try and extract as much as it can from existing customers. Businesses that do that go bust. That would be a great pity imo.

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 12:36 AM

And just to clear up this point:

Yakublue:
    What supermarket do you know that gives its base products free of charge?

They all give out samples free-of-charge from time to time but supermarkets are in no way comparible as I said.

All software companies (a much more appropriate comparison) give out demos free-of-charge and many give out scaled-down versions free-of-charge. None of them (or any supermarket or any other business) force updates on their customers that reduce the worth of what they have already bought.

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 1:30 AM

VilaRestal!

Eh, soft lad, grow up. This is a pretend golf game. You are not really driving the ball 270 yards off the tee, you are pretending to. You are not really punching the ball 150 yards from thick fescue to 10ft of the pin, you are pretending to. You are not really making a 65ft putt across a humped-back green, you are pretending to. It's not real. You are not a skilled golfer, the only skill this game requires is the abilty to carry out a few elementary calculations and to click a mouse button in a timely fashion. Skills that a 5 year old could easily acquire.

So why are you making claims that this company is extorting and embezzling  money from you? Why are you calling for the company to sack its development manager? Stop the ridiculous accusations that the company is infringing your consumer rights and contravening the trades descriptions act because your claims are just that, ridiculous.

It's a freaking game for god's sake. Your government is conducting illegal wars and is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent civillians. Get angry about something important, not a software company that is apparently denying you your human right to drive a pretend golf ball around a pretend golf course in a pretend 54 shots.

The Yak 

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 4:36 AM

Yakublue:
    Your government is conducting illegal wars and is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent civillians.

Er, someone is losing an internet warrior argument, so brings up ridiculous statements like this ? Isn't your country also doing the self-same thing ?

Why don't you stop these squabbles with the score at VR 1 - YB 0

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 7:01 AM

it appear`s they`re both from the same country mr beard....though one seems less british than the other.....probably some fanatics!

RSS