Forums

Help › Forums

700 CREDIT NIKE'S

Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:07 AM (94 replies)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:00 PM

I just bought the 700cr balls. 1st time out i shot 27 on the back 9 of St Andys. On the 17th i stopped a 4 iron dead 2ft from the back pin. Never been able to do that before. Yes these balls are great but it's just made the game far too easy.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:18 PM

DAZZA501:

Yes these balls are great but it's just made the game far too easy.

It's is only going to get worse too.  We already have people crying cheat at the current scores but every new set of irons or new driver or ball makes the game easier.  And less realistic.

These constant improvements to equipment are probably going to kill this game.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:28 PM

MainzMan:

Too late already. If they'd stopped with the G20's and Callaway balls it would have been a great game. Perhaps WGT aren't interested in long term profit.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:28 PM

MainzMan:

1. $7 a pop to get an edge that others have.  Top 10s in RGs are no often gimme for me anyway.  L33 / 34 Callys and stick to CC stuff is maybe the way to go.  Can still score with them and as no credits on the line who cares about whatever edge you perceive you should have in a RG.

2.  The VERY LAST THING any player wanted was game improving balls.  Any one who has read these forums knows that ...........

courteneyfish:
    Too late already. If they'd stopped with the G20's and Callaway balls it would have been a great game. Perhaps WGT aren't interested in long term profit.

My thought's exactly.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:38 PM

One wonders if the "cheap" balls that go for anywhere from 450 to 550 credits will suffer any subtle or not-so-subtle performance downgrade now in order to boost sales of the new ones.

It should be painfully obvious to WGT by now that the changes made in this latest "upgrade" are unpopular to say the least.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:48 PM

If the black balls had the same spin as the level 81 distance ball, it might be a game changer for AS and match play- always nice to have your opponent hit approach first- and a little slower meter as a bonus. However- who needs more spin- unless you are not playing the Nike irons- in which case this ball levels the playing field for R'11s- both spin quotient and meter speed. As for the platinum ball- way too much spin - period- unless u r using G20's or lower level Nike irons. In which case----sigh.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:52 PM

Oh yes- to original point about "sky is now the limit" having exceeded number 5- imagine the next club upgrades will have 5.5 precision- then 6- then.....we will have to shoot high 40's to be competitive (facepalm).

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 1:18 PM

coming soon to WGT.....

POA...... (price on application)....

:-)

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 2:11 PM

maybe soon there might be a perfect parallel universe where another game exists.....(although I think perhaps their calendars don't work)

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 2:14 PM

DAZZA501:

I just bought the 700cr balls. 1st time out i shot 27 on the back 9 of St Andys. On the 17th i stopped a 4 iron dead 2ft from the back pin. Never been able to do that before. Yes these balls are great but it's just made the game far too easy.

Not great to hear. Looks like I'm gonna have to use them to compete...

RSS