Forums

Help › Forums

700 CREDIT NIKE'S

Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:07 AM (94 replies)
  • chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:31 AM

hpurey:

lol  for another 500 credits you can buy a sleeve of the real ball and I'm sure the durability would last quite a while, as long as you don't lose them.

Ducati916:
    But, as everyone knows, something is worth whatever someone will pay...and apparently, WGT will just continue to find out how much that is? 

Hit the nail on the head here.  As long as enough players buy these at this price, WGT has no reason to change it.

The problem is people will still buy them

Probably not us normal folk.

But, someone will buy them.  wgt will make sure of that

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:33 AM

One would hope at these prices they would have programmed the new Nike Reds correctly. They've mucked up the distance rating, and they don't go anywhere.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:34 AM

CerinoDevoti:

hpurey:

lol  for another 500 credits you can buy a sleeve of the real ball and I'm sure the durability would last quite a while, as long as you don't lose them.

Ducati916:
    But, as everyone knows, something is worth whatever someone will pay...and apparently, WGT will just continue to find out how much that is? 

Hit the nail on the head here.  As long as enough players buy these at this price, WGT has no reason to change it.

+1.

Can't fully understand the need to complain about the pricing. It's free will that members exercise in buying these items. Those with the dosh pay up and have no issues doing so once they've placed a value on it. It's like complaining about the price of a Ferrari. If we don't value the need to have one, who cares what others are willing to pay to own one?

Pretty much CD.

I could not resist and broke down and bought a sleeve of the level 90 Blacks.

I will say this. I do not think we need a ball that plays like this. Plenty players are going to buy this ball i promise. Not for me. Way out my price range.

Scores will be going lower for sure. Ball is crazy good.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:36 AM

fmagnets:

One would hope at these prices they would have programmed the new Nike Reds correctly. They've mucked up the distance rating, and they don't go anywhere.

Fmagnets what did you think about the Black ball?

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:43 AM

geraldlarousse:

fmagnets:

Plays as you would expect. Programming is correct for this one.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:46 AM

fmagnets:

geraldlarousse:

fmagnets:

Plays as you would expect. Programming is correct for this one.

Yes i thought the ball played very well. The stopping power was quite amazing. That is using R11s. I would think the Nike irons with this ball would be dangerous.

Very long also off tee. Good ball no doubt.

• gdog8
    1,356 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:48 AM

Fmagnets- How about the red compared to the platinum?  How much longer is the black about verse the platinum as well?  If anyone knows-thanks for info

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:51 AM

The platinums are, on a dots-for-price basis, actually a better deal than any of the old RZN balls. And I'm probably undervaluing "feel" rating, since hitting the ding on approaches is worth quite a bit in itself.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:56 AM

gdog8:

Fmagnets- How about the red compared to the platinum?

I won't be trying the platinums. I don't like balls with that much spin compared to the distance. I think they balloon too much making them too susceptible to wind and deviation. The 5 distance to 3.5 spin of the Reds SHOULD be the perfect combination but I'm pretty sure WGT have messed up and given them 3.5 distance too by mistake. 5yds shorter than L61s with irons and 10yds shorter with driver :-(

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 8:33 AM

Before anyone goes crazy on WGT for pricing these balls we need to think a minute.

To produce this new ball, WGT needs to retool their factory, hire new employees, get an agreement with NIKE, test the product to USGA standards, apply for various patents, design new packaging, ship the product to retail facilities, etc.  We are not even thinking about the huge investment that was made to bring these forth.......When you take all this into account it seems that 700 a sleeve is a very cheap price to pay.

WAIT you mean these aren't real and all WGT has to do is change a few lines of code to make the balls perform differently?  In that case they most have meant 70 credits per sleeve and it's just a misprint.

RSS