Help › Forums

700 CREDIT NIKE'S

Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:07 AM (94 replies)
  • Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 5:43 PM

lvietri:

saltiresfan:
    Not great to hear. Looks like I'm gonna have to use them to compete...

Since I can't compete at the top . I'm going the other route . cheaper balls than the Nike lvl 71's.    Maybe I can compete for middle of the road prizes .. :)

By the way .. for 7 bucks a pop .. couldn't you at least give it 1/2 dot more longevity ?

^^ This.

I'm no RG man, I don't play for credits and I don't enter the big tournies too many deviations in them and I'm not good enough anyway. I enjoy trying to lower my average and eventually (probably another year at this rate) maybe make Tour Legend. That's my goal and I pay cold hard cash for that. At the moment I use Lvl 71 Nikes they suit my game and now they've settled down with the VR forged clubs I'll probably stick to them. However, if they start to deteriorate, I WON'T be upgrading, I'll be going back to my old L33 Cally's.

• Pootick
    1,185 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 8:05 PM

Just bought a sleeve of the Nike RZN black balls and it cost 700 credits. I'm still using the first ball of the 3 so this is a brief run The increase is distance isn't yet noticeable for me but the extra spin is as well as a slower meter.  Playing the elevated greens at congressional the bite is better than the Nike Level 71 ball using R-11 irons, so the extra spin is there. I have seen a lot of comments about the price, and I think it is high too, however if my math is right they are less expensive than the MAX pro black ball. The Max costs 600 credits and durability is 2.0 whereas the Nike RZN Black costs 700 credits and has a durability of 2.5

Assuming that the 2.0 durability = 100 hits, and the 2.5 durability = 120 hits....using a MAX will cost approx .06 per shot and using the Black RZN Nike will cost .058 per shot. Now I'm not saying that they aren't too expensive but they aren't as expensive as the MAX pro balls which have been around for a while, and are used by many and the Nike is a far superior ball for a bit less cost.

If my math is wrong please correct me.

• noname129
    392 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 10:09 AM

Average players don't Ding the meter perfectly very often so this new ball isn't going to help their game at all, probably even hurt their game.  Just saying.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 2:41 PM

noname129:

Average players don't Ding the meter perfectly very often so this new ball isn't going to help their game at all, probably even hurt their game.  Just saying.

That is one way to view it. I believe the average/newer players miss the ding because of use of the free ball and clubs. Also, the common trend is toward slower club speed coupled with slower balls; a trend by even the best of players. And so I must disagree.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 4:19 PM

noname129:

Why would an average player even consider a 700 credit ball in the first place?

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 11:05 PM

noname129:

What utter twaddle.  How can a ball that is longer, spins better and slows the meter more not help someone's game?  Anyone's game?

Really though this ball is either for those who have credits coming out of their ears or big bank accounts, 700 credits is pretty mental.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 11:16 PM

MainzMan:

noname129:

What utter twaddle.  How can a ball that is longer, spins better and slows the meter more not help someone's game?  Anyone's game?

Really though this ball is either for those who have credits coming out of their ears or big bank accounts, 700 credits is pretty mental.

Mainz i gave these things a go, and i will say these balls are game changers.

All the top players have plenty credits. Most will play this ball. I think once they learn it,,, will make a mockery of this game.

I'm using R11s still. I hit a shot on St. Ands #17 back pin to a foot 17mph downwind. lol

The stopping power on these balls is amazing. They also go a mile off the tee.

Really don't think we need these balls in this game at all. To late now i guess.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 11:38 PM

CanineSupervisor:
    with way less than full power because of some illogical bounce that defies physics as I learned it..

Dear Sir,

If my memory serves me correctly (and that's up for debate), you, StrangeMagic, and a few of your other buddies use to do "recon night drops from 30,000 feet with parachute deployment at ground zero as an option using the THUD, small bounce, roll, re-set your knees and relocate your arms and shoulders, then run or crawl" technique.

Talk about an illogical bounce that defies physics LMAO. Ah, those were the good old days my friend, and that right there is funny.I

Have a nice day! Plus, that is the answer to question # 14, if you remember and get it.

P.S. This all happened a long time ago, you had to be there to get this little diddy.

P.S.S. I miss ya buddy!!!!!!!!!!! Wish you were here.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 9:18 AM

geraldlarousse:

Really don't think we need these balls in this game at all. To late now i guess.

I agree Gerald, this game got too easy to have any sort of realism once the G10 or i15 irons were no longer top dog.  I'm not even gonna mention the Nike balls.

It seems like every release makes the game easier and with the new number system replacing the dots there's no end to the possibilities.

Where's the risk when you have 200 yards to the flag these days?  It's almost entirely gone.  We have irons that will stop the ball dead from 200+ if you use the right ball with them.  And a lovely slow meter to help you hit the ding, just in case you hate putting from more than 3 feet.

I've harped on about risk/reward gear for ages but apparently the powers that be think we need reward/reward clubs.  I'd love to see the pro shop rolled back to the days when the i15 irons were the best we could get, those were awesome clubs.  Meter from hell but a great feeling when you got one right and saw what they could do.  If they were the best irons, the R9 the best driver and the L33 Cally the best ball available this game would be so much more interesting.

Of course, where's the $$$ in that?

Why doesn't the new ball have huge distance and spin but almost zero feel?  Seriously WGT, playing a maxed out driver as hard as you can off the tee is a very, very difficult thing to do.  Most professionals play within themselves, they don't hit the ball as far as they can most of the time unless they have a huge fairway to work with.  We can step up and smash the ball every single time we get the chance.   And that's just silly.

How about having a meter that reduces the forgiveness of the club and the feel of the ball the further you drag it back?   Make a full power shot have more risk than a 75% one, make it realistic.

Risk/reward.  It's what makes life interesting.

RSS