Forums

Help › Forums

700 CREDIT NIKE'S

Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:07 AM (94 replies)
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 8:43 AM

I despise that black ball.  It makes average players seem great.

If you need a ball 10x more expensive than mine to beat me, so be it.  Congratulations.

• twichipper
    424 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 8:53 AM

Hi Tarheels..That is so true. But I think I  know what happened on the price. One of 2 things. I

have always heard that Programmers are not Mathematicians. HMM 700 looks like

70...what's another 0?. Or when putting the price in, they did not have their glasses on to

see the keys an meant to hit 100 instead of 700. either way, as the saying goes "Suckers

are born every day..hehehe for $7.00  I can pay a greens superintendent and get 70 found

balls from the course of Titlists, Cally's and Nikes and any other choice I want.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 9:01 AM

Might have considered it if the meter speed hadn't been faster than my L80 Nikes. Or wait is it slower? I get really confused by these new scales.

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 9:21 AM

^A higher # is better, dive in!

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 9:25 AM

and to think...2 years ago I thought I was being funny when I posted that they could sell new gloves (better club control), new spikes ( so you don't slide out of a shot and miss right), tees that break after so many uses, cleaning towels/wire brushes to ensure the grooves are clean and can effect the spin, ball retrievr (gt that wet ball back for 75 credits)......lol...coming soon to a "downtime" close to you.

On a serious note...we've all heard/wondered about the stance/ability to fade/draw. I'd really think that as all the new drivers offer weight shifting, loft shifting and fade/draw ability, that WGT could build those things into their drivers (for a mere 3500 credits)...say...a certain percentage of loft/fade-draw, etc with each "click"...The deal for the player would be...you set your driver before the round...and it's that way the entire round. So, you'd have to evaluate if you wanted higher loft and a draw or fade for each course and live with the results...could be entertaining.

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 10:46 AM

And now I look back to the 5hit storm that occured when the dollar a ball callaway came out and have a little chuckle, lol. Little did we know how daft it would get!

Still, makes the Calls look a bargain now if you can handle the meter ;-)

• gdog8
    1,356 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 10:53 AM

What no vapor trail option for 8 bucks a/sleeve sounds sketchy lol.  That price you should be able to turn the vapors on/off prior to or while you hit it.  Just joking of course.  Question Is what is your best guess  for the ceiling on ball price if there is one?  Just think the new black ball with 4 dots durability will costs us upwards of 10 bucks a/sleeve.

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 11:16 AM

gdog8:

What no vapor trail option for 8 bucks a/sleeve sounds sketchy lol.  That price you should be able to turn the vapors on/off prior to or while you hit it.  Just joking of course.  Question Is what is your best guess  for the ceiling on ball price if there is one?  Just think the new black ball with 4 dots durability will costs us upwards of 10 bucks a/sleeve.

$10 per sleeve?

Probably more like $10 per ball

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 11:49 AM

gdog8:

Question Is what is your best guess  for the ceiling on ball price if there is one? 

10,000 credits. One attribute, automatic birdie on every hole. Members here would be buying it.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 11:50 AM

JayO92:
    I'd like to take these 700 credit balls, shine them up real good... turn that son of a b**** sideways, and stick them straight up WGT's candy a**!

LOL

$7 a pop to pitch on to a green that you can't see the roll on any more.  Certainly can't accuse them of not testing the market for it will bear regardless of quality offered.  

However keep treating your customers like buckeroo crap, and one day might just ...

RSS