Forums

Help › Forums

700 CREDIT NIKE'S

Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:07 AM (94 replies)
  • derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 3:53 PM

Oak 9, I use FBS because it is decently uphill. That is only for the front right. I'll play maybe 3/4 spin for the back left pin

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 4:23 PM

TarheelsRule:

I use the R11 irons and while I do agree with you somewhat about the distance on the Nike balls, that isn't the selling point.

With the high level legend WGT balls, costing about 155 per sleeve, I can hit my 3 iron 225 yards if I use full backspin.  If I want 5 more yards, I can ease off the backspin a little and get it.   With the Nike, I can use 1/2 backspin and hit it the same 225 probably 227 and it carries and stops on a dime.   The difference between a ball that stops within 2 feet of hitting with a 3 iron and one that has to roll out 5 yards is a big deal.

In addition if you want to control distance a little, you can jack up the back spin and stop quicker at the loss of a few yards, take all the b/s off and get 5 more yards and lose very little stopping power.

The new balls are making the game too easy.   If I could putt I could shoot 55 every round with ease.

Good tips there.   

I've started  (a few months back now) to use different spins on the ball to gain some distance and not try shorter shots with a longer club.....   yeah, I know...  I'm a bit slow....lol

The same thing with real golf...  new clubs and balls have made life a bit easier for everybody.

Apart from the new courses we have...  the old ones are still the same now as they were 3/4 years ago when I started.  Back then we only had Wgt Balls and clubs still good but nothing like the clubs we can get now.

I Remember Courses were made Tiger proof when he was on fire.  Little things like new bunkers at places they don't like...  changing par5's to par4's  to name a couple   just to make things a bitter harder

-Roger

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 6:44 PM

Just the plain fact of having virtual balls that you can lose in one swing and have no chance of recovering is totally insane. When is this greedy nonsense going to stop? My God 7.00-7.50 per sleeve. I'm Nutz but not totally crazy.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 10:07 PM

I hear that renni..  

I absolutely love the 81 Nike's that I'm currently using and have already learned a bit about manipulating distance with spin as stated by the guys above.. Until I did, I thought my days of having eagle chances were over when I reached legend.

You really do get what you pay for I guess. But, since I can't afford to pump any of my own cash into the game I find myself spending a lot more time mining for free credits than actually playing the game.. And as a consequence, I'm not able to work on my game as much as I'd like.

The prices really are nutz.

• 1yes1no
    223 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:07 AM

Guys, I play with a 10 credit per sleeve ball.  I use them for all stroke play games.  All it does is add one spin for control.  If you are buying the higher priced balls, I am in wonder!

RSS