Forums

Help › Forums

Goodbye Caddie Button

Mon, Apr 21 2014 12:06 PM (45 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 7:23 PM

We can push a button to lose the flag, how about the same option to lose the caddie...I am careful, yet lose a ball, now and again, because my driver shows up on a 240yrd par three and my focus is caught up in shot design. I doubt I am alone when it comes to "batting a thousand" with a caddie not wanted or needed...at all.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 7:40 PM

SweetiePie:

We can push a button to lose the flag, how about the same option to lose the caddie...I am careful, yet lose a ball, now and again, because my driver shows up on a 240yrd par three and my focus is caught up in shot design. I doubt I am alone when it comes to "batting a thousand" with a caddie not wanted or needed...at all.

+lots!

You most definitely aren't alone. I think my caddie smokes crack soaked in a bucket of moonshine especially on the greens!

However, this (or similar) has been suggested many times and WGT appear to be working overtime on ignoring it!

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 8:19 PM

Yep, there was even a thread started by Icon asking about caddie improvements, and a good number of folks agreed that a simple button to defeat the feature would suffice...but so far, no response from headquarters.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 9:19 PM

SweetiePie:
    .I am careful

LOL I am sure you are.

SweetiePie:
    yet lose a ball, now and again

Well you are obviously not careful enough!

SweetiePie:
    I doubt I am alone

No you are not.........................so I will jump to the  defense  of the poor caddy who has no voice.

I too am also "careful" and usually double check my routine before hitting, but on Oly the other day (I had had a long day, and was a  little jet lagged) , I was sure I had changed my driver to a 3I. only to see my ball fly, fly and fly to  oblivion and the caddy pipe up, "I told you sir that was too much club" 

Well I saw red, screamed at my caddy FU$%^&* etc etc  only for it to start crying, saying Its not my fault sir, WGT programmed me to screw with you.

Why did WGT not make these changes we ask?

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 12:23 AM

alanti:

and the caddy pipe up, "I told you sir that was too much club" 

My caddy has no idea how to address me, poor bugger.  He used to call me sir but then I got a smart new outfit and he started calling me madam.  Then one day he noticed my brassie hanging out under my skirt and has been dreadfully confused ever since.

I think he shuts his eyes when he gets close to me, no wonder I sometimes get the wrong club.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 1:35 AM

Wonder what he might say after 3 holes with the WGT caddie:)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:03 AM

Jimbog1964:

Mercy! That was a funny one! All of the responces are...my caddie, like yours is a gem..."ok Pie...your are on the fringe, 6ft away, try to nestle a putt 100ft" or "Pie Baby, we have 30ft in 50-60 rough...chip it", "Sugar Pie, this rough is 60-70 and we have 220 yards, but don't be fooled, hit the 3 iron" or, "say what? flop? whatsa flop?" or " OK Little Pie, we are at Merion. Remember...the secret is to full swing the big dawg on all of the par 4s"...gotta love him...he reeks of onions and chain smokes and can blow onion rings.

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:49 AM

SweetiePie:

Jimbog1964:

Mercy! That was a funny one! All of the responces are...my caddie, like yours is a gem..."ok Pie...your are on the fringe, 6ft away, try to nestle a putt 100ft" or "Pie Baby, we have 30ft in 50-60 rough...chip it", "Sugar Pie, this rough is 60-70 and we have 220 yards, but don't be fooled, hit the 3 iron" or, "say what? flop? whatsa flop?" or " OK Little Pie, we are at Merion. Remember...the secret is to full swing the big dawg on all of the par 4s"...gotta love him...he reeks of onions and chain smokes and can blow onion rings.

LMFBO

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 9:06 AM

Hmmm ... my caddie reeks of garlic and carries around a couple of wooden stakes and a 2 lb. sledge hammer ....

Methinks too many Anne Rice novels are involved. 

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:37 AM

The disabling of the Caddie has been discussed and it has been agreed upon that the feature should be added.  So what this means is everyone agrees with all of you and in the future you will all have the option.  Hopefully it will be sooner rather then later.

- WGTdbloshoe

RSS