Forums

Help › Forums

Goodbye Caddie Button

Mon, Apr 21 2014 12:06 PM (45 replies)
  • jayheels
    148 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 12:15 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

The disabling of the Caddie has been discussed and it has been agreed upon that the feature should be added.  So what this means is everyone agrees with all of you and in the future you will all have the option.  Hopefully it will be sooner rather then later.

- WGTdbloshoe

BRAVO!

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 9:13 AM

Bravo indeed...well done WGT, thanks for listening.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:31 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

The disabling of the Caddie has been discussed and it has been agreed upon that the feature should be added.  So what this means is everyone agrees with all of you and in the future you will all have the option.  Hopefully it will be sooner rather then later.

- WGTdbloshoe

So if there's no caddie what club will be selected by default? Or do we have to select the club ourselves?

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:34 AM

Due to people complaining about absolutely nothing. WGT is fixing something that really doesnt need to be fixed. You select the club you want to hit, period. 

Now what do you have to do if they fix it? Select the club you want to hit. Theres really no change to the game at all. Only that you have complained about something so much that WGT is now wasting time that could have been better spent elsewhere. 

Kudos to the forum people who have nothing better to do than complain. 

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:44 AM

DAZZA501:

WGTdbloshoe:

- WGTdbloshoe

So if there's no caddie what club will be selected by default? Or do we have to select the club ourselves?

They are still working out the specifics, but my guess is you will have to select a club every time you take a shot.

- WGTdbloshoe

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 11:10 AM

BeachedMulligan:

Due to people complaining about absolutely nothing. WGT is fixing something that really doesnt need to be fixed. You select the club you want to hit, period. 

Now what do you have to do if they fix it? Select the club you want to hit. Theres really no change to the game at all. Only that you have complained about something so much that WGT is now wasting time that could have been better spent elsewhere. 

Kudos to the forum people who have nothing better to do than complain. 

I understand your frustration, and I understand it's the player's responsibility to choose the club and shot type.  My main gripe concerns the putter scale chosen.  Apparently I'm too thick to double-check every time only to see the ball zoom by the hole because the caddie has chosen the 30 ft scale for a 13 ft downhill putt.

In addition, the bloke will choose chip from the most awkward of lies and distances around the green.

I realize you'd rather wgt devote their time to other fixes, but this one seems a fairly simple fix that won't take much time at all...just a defeat button is all we ask.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 11:36 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

DAZZA501:

WGTdbloshoe:

- WGTdbloshoe

They are still working out the specifics, but my guess is you will have to select a club every time you take a shot.

- WGTdbloshoe

Thing is Shoe. Folks will still complain that they picked the wrong club. I worry that this will just add more problems than the non problem we have now.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 12:24 PM

DAZZA501:
    Thing is Shoe. Folks will still complain that they picked the wrong club. I worry that this will just add more problems than the non problem we have now.

Oh boy, I can only imagine seeing this everytime you pick a club/shot type....

You select yes and then......

LOL  ;-)

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 12:35 PM

mkg335:
    I understand your frustration, and I understand it's the player's responsibility to choose the club and shot type.

DAZZA501:

Not frustrated. Just seems like a waste of WGTs time. Dazza is spot on. People will complain no matter what. 

61 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 12:44 PM

You choose the club you want anyway. The auto caddie gives you a club that is totally wrong most of the time so the delete idea is a great one.

RSS