Forums

Help › Forums

Goodbye Caddie Button

Mon, Apr 21 2014 12:06 PM (45 replies)
  • Cheryl294
    69 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:51 PM

"SweetiePie"] I doubt I am alone when it comes to "batting a thousand" with a caddie not wanted or needed...at all.

I learned very quickly and from other golf games NEVER trust the club select to give a correct club on any shot so the  first part of my routine is to look at the club selected then decide on the shot I m going to take and the distance  I need then the club I want  then last thing I check is the the distance and the club seems to work for me especially on putting when I m offered a 100 ft putt for a 12 ft putt from the fringe Never trust the caddie ...

• Cheryl294
    69 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:51 PM

"SweetiePie"] I doubt I am alone when it comes to "batting a thousand" with a caddie not wanted or needed...at all.

I learned very quickly and from other golf games NEVER trust the club select to give a correct club on any shot so the  first part of my routine is to look at the club selected then decide on the shot I m going to take and the distance  I need then the club I want  then last thing I check is the the distance and the club seems to work for me especially on putting when I m offered a 100 ft putt for a 12 ft putt from the fringe Never trust the caddie ...

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 9:03 PM

"Funny nobody complains when the caddie is right 99% of the time.;)"................Oh REALLY??????....I change the caddies suggested club about 99% of the time and my stats aren't so bad...........

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 10:48 PM

SweetiePie:

We can push a button to lose the flag, how about the same option to lose the caddie..

Since WGT appear to be amenable to this one I'd like to suggest something even easier to accomplish.

Can we please have a make my avatar a ghost button?  I know the avatar already goes transparent when it's between the aim point and yourself but on many putts the amount you aim offline and the view direction you have combine to make the avatar block your view of the hole.  Of course you could putt in reverse view but I've never liked doing that.  For some reason I can't hit the ding in reverse view.  Illogical I know but I just can't putt properly in reverse view.

The technology to make the avatar see through already exists and automatically does so under certain circumstances, giving us control over this should be pretty easy.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 10:33 AM

SweetiePie:

SweetiePie:

We can push a button to lose the flag, how about the same option to lose the caddie...I am careful, yet lose a ball, now and again, because my driver shows up on a 240yrd par three and my focus is caught up in shot design. I doubt I am alone when it comes to "batting a thousand" with a caddie not wanted or needed...at all.

This was 2 months ago...several pages here and nothing is done. I have the 287 Bertha now, and still handed to me on a par 3. LOSE THE CADDIE!!! I DON"T WANT IT!! AT ALL!!....take the wax out of your ears.

Lily

I've been wondering about this too.  

WGTdbloshoe:

Hopefully it will be sooner rather then later.

- WGTdbloshoe

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 12:06 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

Hopefully it will be sooner rather then later.

- WGTdbloshoe

Based on WGT's apparent current workload there is little reason to hope it will be sooner and I expect to see it much later.

RSS