Forums

Help › Forums

Goodbye Caddie Button

Mon, Apr 21 2014 12:06 PM (45 replies)
  • geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 4:20 PM

Hey Nick maybe we get a alt. shot game with Shoeshine. Haven't played with him either in awhile. See you on the tee. Bring your A game.  lol

• nicka420
    873 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 9:10 PM

green and looking

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 12:41 AM

<edited>

Head inadvertently inserted in an orifice that is unmentionable on here...lol

Thanks

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 8:06 AM

CanineSupervisor:
    But....and it's a BIG BUT.....I can see it now....your playing a foursome and you don't warn people you're  turning them OFF....

This thread is talking about turning the caddie off, not the chat box.  Or so I thought. lol

CanineSupervisor:

<edited>

Head inadvertently inserted in an orifice that is unmentionable on here...lol

Thanks

Now that's funny right there.   :)

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 4:52 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

DAZZA501:

WGTdbloshoe:

DAZZA501:

WGTdbloshoe:

The disabling of the Caddie has been discussed and it has been agreed upon that the feature should be added.  So what this means is everyone agrees with all of you and in the future you will all have the option.  Hopefully it will be sooner rather then later.

- WGTdbloshoe

So if there's no caddie what club will be selected by default? Or do we have to select the club ourselves?

They are still working out the specifics, but my guess is you will have to select a club every time you take a shot.

- WGTdbloshoe

Thing is Shoe. Folks will still complain that they picked the wrong club. I worry that this will just add more problems than the non problem we have now.

Believe me, I know you can never satisfy everyone.  I mean just look at this thread LOL.  Will it cause more problems, hope not.  Only time will tell. 

- WGTdbloshoe

I don't have anything to add, I just wanted to keep this quote going.  :-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 4:00 PM

SweetiePie:

We can push a button to lose the flag, how about the same option to lose the caddie...I am careful, yet lose a ball, now and again, because my driver shows up on a 240yrd par three and my focus is caught up in shot design. I doubt I am alone when it comes to "batting a thousand" with a caddie not wanted or needed...at all.

This was 2 months ago...several pages here and nothing is done. I have the 287 Bertha now, and still handed to me on a par 3. LOSE THE CADDIE!!! I DON"T WANT IT!! AT ALL!!....take the wax out of your ears.

Lily

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 7:06 PM

If you suggest a FEE to fire the caddie only THEN will wgt improve that POORLY designed caddie.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 7:45 PM

I think I've said this before but I'll do it again. We can proceed as if there's no caddie by clicking on our club choices on every shot and putt any time we want. This is what we'd have to do with the caddie entirely "off".  If we act as if the caddie is gone, it leaves nothing to blame but ourselves. Shut that caddie off and then who do you blame? Also, caddie on or off the player is entirely responsible for the club selection and shot type anyway. Funny nobody complains when the caddie is right 99% of the time.;)

• Pootick
    1,185 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:38 PM

Seems like the default should be that no club is selected until you select one and the same for putter scales, default that a " no scale is selected" until you select one. This would eliminate hitting a club you didn't choose or putting with a putter scale you didn't select.

• Cheryl294
    69 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 8:51 PM

"SweetiePie"] I doubt I am alone when it comes to "batting a thousand" with a caddie not wanted or needed...at all.

I learned very quickly and from other golf games NEVER trust the club select to give a correct club on any shot so the  first part of my routine is to look at the club selected then decide on the shot I m going to take and the distance  I need then the club I want  then last thing I check is the the distance and the club seems to work for me especially on putting when I m offered a 100 ft putt for a 12 ft putt from the fringe Never trust the caddie ...

RSS