Forums

Help › Forums

How do you masters do it?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 6 2010 10:11 AM (74 replies)
  • spec138
    19 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 12:53 AM

I've birdied #2 quite a bit as well.  I love how hard BB is, makes the game very fun.  I would like to see more hard courses as well, makes par an accomplishment.

• Bullet1001
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 4:05 AM

I'd like to shake that guy's hand who got 62 on BB where many fairways and greens are unreachable without a bazooka!

I birdied the first hole once and felt like quitting when I was ahead lol. I'm up to pro level now and still haven't a hope of scoring well there. Spending a wad of cash for 5 or 10 extra yards isn't too appealing either. If the yardages were better for pro/masters, I'd definitely upgrade. Even Corey Pavin hits in more than 235 yds off the tee!

Still, irritating occasional jerky swing meters aside, WGT is probably the most realistic golf game I've ever played (and I've played them all since Leaderboard on the Commodore 64!). They have put together an impressive product and deserve some of our cash!

• scareyashell
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 12:29 PM

I shot a 87 and thought not bad for not being able to hit the fairway on 6 holes, and still can't get to the hole in par so go luck to them folks who sot 70 and less, BS!

• ciri93
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 12:43 PM

Tibbetts, you sure seem to know a lot about bots and macros...Not accusing any one here, but I hope WGT checks out some of the data associated with these low 60's scores...and please make the clubs go a more realistic length...Ping G10s go a hell of a lot farther when well hit than you engine gives them credit for...

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 1:11 PM

You're right, I do know alot about bots and macros...enough to tell you they are definitely being used here.

It's not a supposition, it's a fact.  Expose those players responsible and remove them permanently.  The results will surprise you.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 1:25 PM

Too bad that in the virtual U.S. Open tomorrow you guys can't all be in one room, with a proctor to check that nobody cheats.  Otherwise, I hope I can follow all of you online.  My money's on Tibbets and Calvin... er, I mean nivlac.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 2:18 PM

Lee has the new low at 61! I wouldn't rule him out! Niv and Tibbets are good picks though, damn sure won't be me! LOL

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 2:22 PM

Cruel trick.  All along the conditions on all the practice/qualifying rounds, as far as I can tell, have been "moderate" conditions and "medium" greens.  What if tomorrow they change that to "gosh-awful" conditions and "super-fast" greens???!!!  That''ll throw everyone off!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 2:41 PM

If they change all the conditions, then it's somebody you've never considered winning before will have a very good chance to win...

wait.. that sounds oddly familiar...  where have I heard that before....   Barnes?  Glover?!  Who are these 2?!?!?

(For those who haven't followed the USOpen, Barnes and Glover are 1 & 2 going into the final round.)

• ciri93
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 5:51 PM

No offense to any one, but I stopped playing most PC games because of all the cheating and hacking. I truly find it hard to believe that anyone can legitimately shoot below a 70 on this course without some kind of "help".

RSS