Forums

Help › Forums

How do you masters do it?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 6 2010 10:11 AM (74 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 11:20 AM

Thank you for removing your comments Rockey1.

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 11:47 AM

Actually, I'm still a beginner even if I've been playing just a couple months.  Playing a round or two with someone like tidbits who actually knows what they are doing might be humbling especially if you compare scores, but isn't golf a game where it's you versus the course?  I'm sure playing with Tidbits or anyone who has been at this game for a while would eventually help a person improve their game.  Like when to hit a slice or where the best places to aim are.....  The only time I've tried to play with someone else here they quit on me after 3 holes....  It wasn't Tidbits.  Actually I don't remember who the person was.  If Tidbits would give me hints and helpers to improve my game, even if it was just watching where the shots went, I'd love to play that game too

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 12:15 PM

I was just trying to get the mood lightened up here....joking   =) 

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 2:11 PM

Well I just shaved three strokes off my best at bethpage....  now down to 76 but still over the cut....  I'll keep on trying and maybe one of these days I'll have that magical round where I can actually make shots.  Any tips out there? 

• tecku
    2 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 6:44 PM

Hello Tibbets,

I know you are good player and I am new in this games but I try hard to make the cut. There is a big

problem I just can't have the distance to even reach the green on some holes. Please be honest and

tell me how to get extra distant. Is the those new drivers they sell will help, since I only using the standard

clubs?

Thanks

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 1:32 PM

Mr. Tibbets...

Just curious.  How many hours a day do you put into practice?  Are you a Vijay Singh or are you a gentleman who prefers to spend a bit of time in the clubhouse sipping a gin & tonic and reflecting on the complexities of the game?  More like me...

• markalbatross
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 8:53 PM

yeah, how do you hit GIR when Par 4's are 500yds, and you can only drive 230

• oghackdaddy
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 5:49 AM

You don't.

The tourn. I think has acheived its goal of making this game a lot like the real open. Par is a good score and often it takes a one putt to make it.

On the other hand their are several birdie holes #1, both par fives, the par threes, a couple of the other fours. I've birdied most of the holes in one round or another but haven't been able to get below 68 because of bogies. Great course in my opinion.

Not everybody is going to put up a 62 like tibbets but you can score.

• schoolp
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2009 10:25 PM

I don't believe they will get caught. That's the way everything works anymore.

RSS